KI needs an Intamin!

yournamehere

A ride like TTD would be a huge investment. If KI were to get rid of SOB I would like a classic woodie like Voyage, or something by The Gravity Group.

While I totally agree with the idea of a Voyage type ride at Kings Island, how is Voyage a classic woodie? It was made in 2006, and besides having 2 bench PTC trains, I see almost no similarities between Voyage and, say, Racer. ;)

First off we just got our new 22 million dollar toy. Now you want more???

I don't see KI getting a new coaster till at least 2012. KD and CW are getting new rides for sure and CP has a clearing on Millinium Island that is rumored to be something new.

But putting reality aside, I would love to see something more in the line of Maverick or a B&M inverted. Griffon was a fun ride but got boring if you rode it more then a couple of times. A giga would be out because it would over shadow DB like Millie over shadows Maggie.

If KI didn't already have so many woodies I would love to see a mid size GG like Ravine Flyer II. This coaster kicks some serious butt.

As to flats, we rode this one at Canada's Wonerland this last weekend. It loads pretty quickly and has a 30 person capacity per cycle. Think Chaos on steroids.

IMG_6569.jpg

A ride like TTD would be a huge investment. If KI were to get rid of SOB I would like a classic woodie like Voyage, or something by The Gravity Group.

While I totally agree with the idea of a Voyage type ride at Kings Island, how is Voyage a classic woodie? It was made in 2006, and besides having 2 bench PTC trains, I see almost no similarities between Voyage and, say, Racer. ;)

I meant it felt like an old wooden rollar coaster like The Beast.

Ok this is starting to get out of hand. Son of Beast is a world class, record breaking roller coaster that cost PKI and is now costing CF a ton of money. If Cedar Fair didn't seem like Son of Beast was worth the money they wouldn't invest in it. It would just sit there until someone started the worlds biggest bonfire :P . Also, like DaveStroem said, KI just a $22 Million dollar Beemer. The Rolls-Royce of the coaster world! They are not going to spend money, as of right now, on anything new(If they do I'll be highly surprised).

To respond to the land issue. Some of the land IS protected because of the Little Miami River, but the only reason I can see for not expanding, at this point, is for monetary reasons like stated above. For every tree they take out it costs money, for every square foot of land cleared it coasts money.

Personally I'm content with KI now that they have Diamondback. What more can you really ask for?

^ I agree about Invertigo and RR but disagree about Firehawk. Firehawk is definitely a step above the Supermen: Ultimate Flights (but WAY below Tatsu) from a total ride experience standpoint, IMO, minus the pretzel loops on B&M flyers. Having said that, I'd trade FH for a good B&M invert every day and twice on Sunday.

I know it's been mentioned in other places but it's interesting to see the direction CF and Six Flags are going, respectively. Outside of Magic Mountain's new coaster this year (and the one slated for next) Six Flags isn't doing much in the "bigger" coaster/ride department these days, while CF is ramping up with the Behemoth/Diamondback/KD's giga/Carowinds rumored B&M hyper combo. I'm actually more curious to see "when" CF decides to add another big attraction to the parks who recently either received new attractions or are getting them soon.

Not to say that you are incorrect, but I haven't heard any confirmation that Kings Dominion is getting a gigacoaster. If you know something, please explain. Truly interested.

Technically you're absolutely correct. KD has NOT announced anything official. However, I'm also going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you haven't been following KD's "rumored" giga coaster construction. There are, however, pictures here and here to check out as a starting point. There are:

- Track pieces on site

- Packing slips clearly showing this is an Intamin shipment with the words "giga coaster" on them

Yes, no official confirmation has been given, but I'm not sure how much more evidence you may need if these photos don't convince you.

Very cool, the image of the packing slip confirming gigacoaster. I'm really surprised that CF will spend that much on a coaster again, considering their current financial situation. Guess KD will definitely have to be on my list to hit up next year. My brother went this year and absolutely loved it.

Look people just because Cedar Fair is in debt doesn't mean they cant spend money. Virtually every single American is debt one way or another. Be it car loan, student loan, credit cards whatever. You can still spend money when your in debt. The old saying goes you have to spend money to make money

CF has made a commetment to continue to improve their parks. Diamondback was part of this as is the new coasters at KD & CW.

I know for a fact that we will be renewing our platinum passes next year and heading down to KD and probably back to Canada's Wonderland.

...You move rides so you can draw people in at another park, not so you can rid the first park of it.

Actually, the coaster now known as Nighthawk was moved to the Carolinas in order to make room at the park now known as California's Great America...so it was moved to rid the first park of it!

Read the last line here:

http://www.rcdb.com/id583.htm

Tis true, too.

** Enter Dreamland **

I think I have came to a conclusion. We need a B&M Invert over by X-Base(plus bathroom). And in later years, a mega-lite in replacement for BLSC.

bring the Antique Cars back.

** Back to Reality **

Fixed.

along with Flying Eagle!

Added

Look people just because Cedar Fair is in debt doesn't mean they cant spend money. Virtually every single American is debt one way or another. Be it car loan, student loan, credit cards whatever. You can still spend money when your in debt. The old saying goes you have to spend money to make money

I didn't say that they couldn't spend money. However, one must be a little wiser about amounts spent and how often amounts are spent when their debt load and situation isn't much better than the one currently being suffered by Six Flags.

I'm still saying build the first ever B&M Hyper Invert. :P But really a Dive Machine gets boring really quick. After the first drop and the Immelmann Sheikra is a yawn fest. And yes I have ridden it more than once. So please KI no dive machines in the future! An Intamin like what KD is getting would also be nice say maybe 5 years down the road?

As much as I love Millie, I can do without an Intamin at KI. I wouldn't want a coaster I can't fit on at my home park! :lol: It's bad enough I can't fit on Drop Zone anymore... unless I have two wonderful people assisting me with the OTSR!

Now, if I'm able to squeeze into Fahrenheit and Storm Runner next month, I might change my tune! Those will be the first Intamin coasters I've tried to ride in years.

Dive machines are really boring once you've ridden a good Intamin. I went to Williamsburg right after Cedar Point, and everything except Apollo's I found highly uninteresting.

Hypers are all good and well, and I LOVE Giga's, but another Maverick-esq coaster at KI would make it a lot better.

THEN, they should take Vortex (Which I find quite painful, but I've never ridden SoB, so I guess I don't know the true meaning of painful) and use it's track design to turn it into an Intamin. Then, it would be smooth but you could keep the safety and smooth-ness Intamin's offer.

I do agree that they aren't happy with maintenance, but frankly it is on the park to keep the rides running, not the coaster maker. Six Flags is terrible at everything Amusement-park oriented, (safety AND reliability) so I don't blame Intamin for anything that has happened on one of their rides at a Six Flags. Safety is all a matter of the ride operators, not the ride. If it offers good restraints (which Intamin does) and there are good operators working on it (like at Cedar Point), Intamin rides are REALLY safe.

Oh, really? Please explain Perilous Plunge's incidents, which happened at that park known as Six Flags Knott's Berry Farm....knott.

They didn't fit into the restraints. Ever since then, I usually see signs that say "If the restraints do not properly secure due to physical....." So, they've learned from that mistake.

Funny thing is that on the CP fan sites, they complain about intamin all the time and want more B&Ms. I will stick with my opinion that KI needs a full circuit inverted coaster. I would prefer this to be a B&M. IMO dive machines, launch coasters, shuttle coasters and fliers are all just gimmicks. I however feel that inverted coasters have surpassed the level of gimmick and should be represented at KI.

Let me re-word that. How many other problems SINCE then have they had not counting ones at Six Flags?

More than I will be listing here. That is not what I do...and I won't be doing it. I am a strong supporter of the amusement industry, and defend its record whenever I can. I do not document on the Internet what incidents have occurred that are not otherwise readily available. Sorry.