Darlene's 500th

HandsUp

I was wondering if anything special was going to be done for Darlene's (forget her last name) 500th DB ride. I think she plans to do it on Saturday, and that is an amazing accomplishment especially at this point in the year. It's a testament to her, as well as the capacity of our newest friend.

I don't know, but if I see her at the park either on or after that ride I'll give her a hug. She dwarfs my 43 rides on Diamondback. She and Single Rider Bob should be the definition of what it means to be a ride warrior.

Just got back from ERT this morning on DB and had the honor of sharing Darlene's 500th ride. She was on the front seat with one of the DB attendants, Brian and Karen and myself rode in the second row. Three cheers for Darlene.

http://www.kingsislandinsider.blogspot.com/

A jubilant Darlene Bell (front seat, left) takes her 500th ride on Kings Island's Diamondback roller coaster here, accompanied by a rides associate, Bryan Miller. The Dayton, Ohio native has visited Kings Island 28 times this season, averaging 18 rides per day on the park's new $22 million steel coaster.

Lucky Bryan got to ride with her.

I rode with Darlene on her 500th. Don Helbig took a sign of her #500 and took a picture. The sign is being displayed on the window of a control room.

That ride was my 193rd. I got to 202 today. A long way to go!!!

If you rode with her, then you must be an employee. That's because the employee rode with her. So, if your name is not Bryan Miller, then you didn't ride with her for her 500th.

EDIT: And it wasn't Don, it was Scott.

why is everyone here so sarcastic, literal, and outright mean? honestly, is that necessary. he could simply mean that he rode on the train with her. often times i ride behind my friends, or they sit in the front, and me in the back... i still consider it riding with them . geeze. why don't you douse that flame thrower with some ice cold water?

I remember Don did take our photo as we went down the first hill. As to who took the photo of Darlene holding the sign, in all honesy I cannot remember if it was Scott or Don. And I second the motion-why is everyone so sarcastic, childish, or downright mean? I certainly hope your parents taught you better manners than that.

After my son and I rode with her 7 times yesterday, we rode again with her this morning. She was up to 515 when we left. I hit my 200 and my son hit 150. She was riding right behind us on 12. Darlene and other ride ops gave me high fives.