How busy on 7/04

Wicked Bob

Well, if you want to just see the fireworks, go to a movie across the street that will end before the fireworks start and then watch them from the parking lot. Of course, you probably won't be able to see the Tower from there, but you should be able to see most of the fireworks. The down side would be trying to leave after it is all done. There are other places around Mason where you can see the Tower and the skies above the park without being anywhere near the park to see the fireworks.

The fireworks were really good. Lines were bad but whatever, I came for the fireworks. I watched over in front of Cyber Says. Some guy was working the basketball game and he would not shut up! So a mob of guys like 10 circled around him and told him to shut the **** up! That made alot of people laugh and clap.

There is a Showcase Cinemas just North of the North Entrance to PKI`s parking lot on Kings Island Dr. I`m fairly certain that the top of the Eiffel Tower is visible from their parking lot. (You can see the theatre from Top Gun`s lift.) Also, on the 4 and 5 of July, the fireworks are shot off at 10. Since the park is open until midnight, they close some of the rides down around 9 to prepare for the fireworks. Last year I bleieve Rivertown , and some other rides closed around then because they shot off fireworks back by Tomb Raider. Some of the rides, like The Beast, they reopened, while others, like White Water Canyon, remained closed the rest of the night. Also, since the Eiffel Tower is a launch pad for several of the fireworks, expect it to be closed all day! I went up on the fourth last year to just look from the parking lot. There was a line at 9:30 at night to get into the parking lot. We never even made it to the front gate. It then took froever to get out of the parking lot!

All of Rivertown will be closed, as well as the top of the Street to behind the tower (including the Carosel) and the top part of Coney mall... all of this is b/c of where the fireworks are shot from and where they can fall too. Top part of Coney and Rivertown should reopen after the fireworks but will limited rides. All of that is subject to change, but that is how they did it last year... at least I'm pretty sure they blocked off the top of Coney, at least where the brick path is at and by Dogems so you can't get to the Floral Clock, although I keep thinking they block everything from Lucky Stricker back...?