A List of Questions for kings island

Kevin James

Hi, my wife and I are headed down to Kings Island tomorrow, Friday July 10th.

We have been going since we were 10 years old but it has prolly been a decade since the last time.

I bought a Platinum Pass this year and go to Cedar Point a few times a year. So I thought since I am smack dab in the middle of CP & KI ( 110 miles to each ), I would go check out Diamondback. I just have a few questions since its been awhile.

1.) Will they let me bring my wife in for ERT if she don't have a Platinum Pass also?

2.) Is the BBQ Meal Deal worth the $12.99 ?

3.) Is there any rides we should avoid due to the ride being too rough or other reasons?

4.) What exactly does the Crypt do?

5.) Is it buy one get one free for Go Karts if you have a Platinum Pass, like it is at Cedar Point?

Well, I haven't been to KI since 2006 (and before SOB was closed for the season!), but I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1. I don't think so. But I think someone should clarify this one.

2. I don't know. They didn't have this in 2006.

3. Many people on this forum say that SOB is the one to avoid, but I've only rode it with the large trains with the loop, so I can't say anything about that. And it's probably notgoing to be open tomorrow. Vortex is, apparently, also rough, but not as rough as SOB.

4. The majority of this forum's members say that The Crypt is a Ferris wheel that does a couple of flips.

5. I don't know, as I've never ridden on the go karts.

I'm just saying the forum's opinions. Not everyone agrees with these opinions.

I think you should wait for a couple more people to answer your questions.

Edit: See above for #2 and 5.

With a Platinum Pass I would assume that you qualify for the Gold Pass discount for the BBQ meal...which is $9.99...and it is easily worth that. (You do have to wait until 3:00 to eat though.)

And I can't resist answering question #4 either...my answer is "sucks".

By the way, welcome to the site! :)

Since everyone was answered all of your other questions pretty good I will just answer your Crypt question. The Crypt at Kings Island is just like the one at Kings Dominion in this video except for a couple of differences. Instead of 2 rows facing different directions they are both facing the same direction. Also don't expect the free spinning flips that you see here, the flips that you get on our Crypt is where they lock the place where you sit in one place then the huge arms on each side turn you so you flip. Also the Crypt at Kings Island is indoors and used to have fabulous theming but now has almost nothing. Hope that helps.

Hi, my wife and I are headed down to Kings Island tomorrow, Friday July 10th.

We have been going since we were 10 years old but it has prolly been a decade since the last time.

I bought a Platinum Pass this year and go to Cedar Point a few times a year. So I thought since I am smack dab in the middle of CP & KI ( 110 miles to each ), I would go check out Diamondback. I just have a few questions since its been awhile.

1.) Will they let me bring my wife in for ERT if she don't have a Platinum Pass also?

2.) Is the BBQ Meal Deal worth the $12.99 ?

3.) Is there any rides we should avoid due to the ride being too rough or other reasons?

4.) What exactly does the Crypt do?

5.) Is it buy one get one free for Go Karts if you have a Platinum Pass, like it is at Cedar Point?

1.) Most likely not.

2.)Your BBQ meal will cost $9.99 because of your Platinum card. But either you or your wife might have to get the full priced meal because only one of you has the platinum pass.

3.)None of the rides will really be too rough for you except for maybe The Beast, Racer, Vortex, and Son of Beast (which I doubt will be open.) I haven't ridden the Crypt this year but I'll take the advice of other folks on this site and say skip it. Unless you guys direly want to or the line is not protruding for the cave entrance (this would make the line to long and not worth the wait). Unless you got kids with you skip Nick Universe except for the coaster credits. Here's the best way to ride The Beast, Racer, Vortex, and Son of Beast if possible.

The Beast: must do a front seat ride. Particularly at night because that is when it gives the best ride. If you want a little less bumpy sit one seat behind the front. It's in the middle or the car and their aren't any wheels under you so it's less bumpy. Other than that just ride in the middle two seats of any car. And if you have the choice train #2 is the best (or at least was in my previous years there).

Racer: Ride the red side. It's alot smoother than the blue for some reason. But on either side, like on The Beast, ride in the middle of any individual car 'cause it will offer the least bumpy ride.

Vortex: Front car, first row is the best for bumpyness. If you want some nice floater air ride in the last car, first row(7-1). It is really fun.

Son of Beast: The bottom line? Closer to the front the better.

4.) I think goofywdw has done a good enough job explaining The Crypt.

5.)I doubt it.