Coaster Battle #1: Adventure Express vs. Backlot Stunt Coaster

McSalsa

Yep. It's another poll by me. ;)

This time around, I have gotten an idea: pick 2 or more coasters, and pit them against each other in a battle to see which coaster is enjoyed the most. That coaster wins the battle. I will try to not pick unfair battles, so you won't see a Voyage vs. Son of Beast battle(because Voyage would just run away with it). These will not, however, be limited to just KI coasters, but will often be KI vs. Other Coaster battles instead of just Other Coaster vs. Other Coaster...unless a really good battle comes up. I will create a page on this site under "other" where you can suggest future coaster battles. There will also be "Triple Threat", "Fatal 4 Way", or even "Battle Royal" coaster battles where up to six coasters duke it out! The next coaster battle will be Son of Beast vs. Mean Streak vs. Texas Giant in a triple threat match dubbed "Big, Rough, and Wooden". But I want this battle to get some attention for right now.

And for the first battle, I have chosen 2 "family thrill rides", both at Kings Island. Adventure Express against Backlot Stunt Coaster. Who will win this battle?

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Wow I am really torn on this one since I have had lots of experience with both rides.

But, there is something special about AE and how it follows the landscape of the land around it. I also still consider AE to be one of the most under rated night rides at the park due to The Beast's popularity for night rides and everyone wanting to catch a night ride on DB. An added bonus is that AE barely has a line at that time of the night.

I didn't even bother riding BLSC the 1st two times I visited since it opened thinking it would be gimicky and boring. So wrong! I absolutely love it. It's just fun and makes me feel like a kid again.

Adventure Express is dated, aged, jerky and not very exciting.

"Triple Threat", "Fatal 4 Way", or even "Battle Royal"

I take it you're a fan of professional wrestling. Being one myself I couldn't help but notice.

Anyways, BLSC gets my vote. I constantly have to lean because of the jerkiness on AE. I also had to be put on muscle relaxants because I got my head lurched back thanks to AE's chain. I really don't know if I like BLSC or not except for the tunnel. That part I LOVE! That helix in the beginning is also FORCEFUL!

Just wondering, will there be a Vortex vs. Diamondback battle soon? ;)

Are you kidding me? This shouldn't even be a poll. AE has two wicked awesome lift hill, a ton of turns, animatronics, Indiana Jones music for some reason?, and is themed well. What BLSC? Is themed around a Mini Cooper driving around a parking lot... (:))

Seriously AE is better IMHO.

Are you kidding me? This shouldn't even be a poll. AE has two wicked awesome lift hill, a ton of turns, animatronics, Indiana Jones music for some reason?, and is themed well. What BLSC? Is themed around a Mini Cooper driving around a parking lot... ( :) )

Seriously AE is better IMHO.

How is AE themed well? It doesn't even really have a theme.... :blink: . To add on to that, it's jerky, has a lame hill, and is old and not kept in very well shape IMO. BLSC is probably the best themed coaster in the park in my opinion.. :unsure: