Coaster Battle #2: Big, Rough, & Wooden

McSalsa

Here is the second coaster battle. This time, we pit 3 of the most infamous wooden roller coasters of all time against each other. They all, at one point, held the record for the world's tallest wooden roller coaster. They are all considered very rough. They were all built during 1990-2000. Who will win this one?

PS: Considered adding Texas Rattler @ Six Flags Fiesta Texas but it got changed, so it was removed. Also considered adding Colossos @ Heide Park, but it is too loved (it had a 9.4 rating at coastergrotto.com) so it would have ran away with it.

I think the fact that Texas Giant will be shut down for roughly a year for retracking and other improvements should speak volumes. Yes SoB is rough as is Mean Streak, but neither can touch Texas Giant. The Magic Carpet section of trick track at the end is brutal. Yet if you are looking for a insane ride on an extremely rough woody, thank Texas Giant is the way to go.

I've never ridden Texas Giant either. But I had to vote for Son of Beast. Not to sound negative, but I think Mean Streak is, quite possibly, the worst coaster I have ever ridden.

--Beatle, who knows that whenever someone begins a sentence with the words "Not to sound negative, but...", they are about to say something negative :).

I said SOB, because until they took out the loop and started having problems, it was a great ride. It was also usually pretty smooth.

Next i would put Mean streak up in sandusky. My last visit up there, I rode it for the first time and i was kind of a fun ride, but it almost reminded me of a mix between The Beast and The Beastie...(newly named the"fairly odd coaster")

Finally, here comes the texas giant. I have not ridden this coaster, but I have heard other enthusiast's opinions on it, and it doesn't sound very impressive