Backwards Racer

Guest PizzaBaby027

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone beside myself miss the backwards Racer.

I mean at first I liked the idea of having The Racer back to its original format, made the park feel more , you know like a amusement park instead of a theme park.

But as I ride all the ride millions of time they become less thrilling, and not have time, or money to go to Ceder Point I really need a thrill, I wish the backwards Racer was "Back" again.

I go everyday to KI and nothing is really all that "AWWWAAAWWAAAYAAAH" feeling like it was at the beginning of the year, the backwards Racer was always thrilling.

Hey maybe I should suggest to the park to make Diamondback go backwards, or make at least one train on every coaster go backwards.

How awesome would that be!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually pretty ****ed off they did that! First it started get really hard to get the workers of The RacerS to even let you race the other car. I did't realize backwards was gone :( . Does the backyard side even run, did they put a frontward one there? If they didn't how can they even call it The Racers. Bad move on KI's part. And yes you should def suggest for Diamondback to go backwards!!! :P That would be bad ass!

a. It's Racer, not The Racers. And Cedar Fair owns the attraction and park. They can call the coaster ****le-Doodle-Doo-Loo if they wish.

b. Yes, the former backwards Racer (or cecaR as some called it) now runs forwards.

c. As has been stated many times, manufacturer's recommendations caused this, specifically by PTC, the successor to Philadelphia Toboggan Co., the manufacturer of the trains.

d. B and M will approve Diamondback running backwards the day after Cedar Fair announces a permanent policy of allowing free parking, free admission, free food, free souvenirs and 10 units of Cedar Fair to each person who goes to Kings Island, with no obligation to buy anything. If then.

a. It's Racer, not The Racers. And Cedar Fair owns the attraction and park. They can call the coaster ****le-Doodle-Doo-Loo if they wish.

b. Yes, the former backwards Racer (or cecaR as some called it) now runs forwards.

c. As has been stated many times, manufacturer's recommendations caused this, specifically by PTC, the successor to Philadelphia Toboggan Co., the manufacturer of the trains.

d. B and M will approve Diamondback running backwards the day after Cedar Fair announces a permanent policy of allowing free parking, free admission, free food, free souvenirs and 10 units of Cedar Fair to each person who goes to Kings Island, with no obligation to buy anything. If then.

a. No, it's "The Racer" - http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...l.cfm?ai_id=163

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...m=45&pos=19

b. Some called it "recaR" not "cecaR".

c. No, it was Cedar Fair's decision to follow these recommendations that caused this.

d. Obviously you are being sarcastic.

Ok, I first want to say I see no chance of Diamondback ever going backwards or for that matter Racer returning to one side backwards (unless there's a pretty sweet deal on some trains without the reccomendation.) But while thinking about DB backwards here is what I think would be very sweet. Rather than turn the whole train around or individual cars, take all the center seats and turn them backwards would also give a Face-Off err Invertigo'ish feel.

But while thinking about DB backwards here is what I think would be very sweet. Rather than turn the whole train around or individual cars, take all the center seats and turn them backwards would also give a Face-Off err Invertigo'ish feel.

Unlikely. It's more than just turning the seats backwards. The restraint location would have to be moved as well. And unless this was a design consideration taken into account by B&M, then I don't see it happening.

But if anything were possible, I'd vote for switching all of the seats around, not just the center ones. I'm not a big fan of that Faceoff setup. (although the left-most seat rocks!)

a. No, it's "The Racer" - http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...l.cfm?ai_id=163

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...m=45&pos=19

b. Some called it "recaR" not "cecaR".

c. No, it was Cedar Fair's decision to follow these recommendations that caused this.

d. Obviously you are being sarcastic.

a. It is indeed The Racer! :)

b. Typing backwards is not easy early in the morning.

c. You make it sound as if Cedar Fair had a choice to not follow PTC's recommendation. As long as the ride has PTC trains and is in Ohio, the owner MUST follow the manufacturer's recommendations or it cannot be licensed to operate. Ohio is rather unique in this.

d. Sarcastic? Terpy? Surely not! :)

One can draw one's own conclusions, but note also that Six Flags also no longer runs its coasters with PTC trains backwards, and there was a time when it did.... Similarly, most PTC trains ran without seatbelts and now only Knoebels Grove Amusement Park, in Pennsylvania, runs PTC wood coaster trains without seatbelts. So, yes, it appears PTC issued a recommendation its classic wood coaster trains not be run backwards....

• 5 weeks later...
off topic, I work at The Racer and i heard some changes will possibly be done to the ride next year. Such as removing the break sheds so both sides can see who really won. Also painting the blue side blue and the red side red instead of just leaving it white and lastly, taking the big fence that seperates both sides so anyone could just walk up and choose which side they want to ride. It may no longer go backwards, but dramatic changes may be happening :rolleyes:

I think they should paint the railings on the blue side red, and the railings on the red side blue.. Just my thought.

at least it would match the sign out front, blue over the begining of the red sides line, and red over the begining of the blue sides line. :P

On the topic of Thunder Road's paint...

Thunder Road was red, white and blue from 1976 to 1992. KECO stripped the paint off after the 92 season. However, not of the coaster was stripped. From the station to the bottom of the lift is still white(and yellow). Also, the tunnel and brake shed is white and blue. Carowinds repainted those sections in 2006, but the rest of the coaster will never see paint again. Carowinds has said that it is too expensive. OddCoaster is lucky that it gets painted every time a bunch of boards are replaced. I have seen whole sections of OddCoaster as bare wood.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...