Magnum vs. Diamondback vs. Millennium Force

KI Kevin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Magnum hurts depending on which seat you're in, and Millie was good, but not great when I rode it the first time. I will say it is growing on me, though. All in all, though, I HAVE to give this one to Diamondback. SUCH a great ride!

EDIT: My ranking would be this - Diamondback, Millie, then Maggie.

Diamondback is Best, Than Magnum XL-200, than Millennium Force. MF Is way over rated, it has No Airtime except if your in the back seat you get a tiny bit, it has Speed and height though, and Son of Beast may be more forceful than MF. I know Son of Beast's Max G Force is 4.5, but I don't know Millennium Force's. Also Diamondback's Max G Force is only 2!

Actually, DropZone99, that small airtime hill before the last overbanked turn ALWAYS gives me INSANE ejector airtime. The other two always give me airtime too, but not as good as Diamondback.

Overall, I'd have to say that Diamondback might just be a nice balance between Millie and Maggie. It gives airtime like Maggie (except it's floater air and not ejector) and it's gives some pretty forceful positive Gs like Millie. Unless I find a seat that delivers NO pain on Magnum and Millennium Force REALLY grows on me, I don't see Diamondback being overtaken by either one in my top steel coasters.

I'll have to go with Millennium Force, don't think I've ever had a bad ride on it. And its always ultra smooth! MF will forever be my favorite!!!!

Then Diamondback, air time on it feels better with that big flat box on your lap.

Then Magnum, air time is great but it hurts with that cold rolled steel bar over your lap.

I've never gotten anything close to airtime on the last little hill on MF, i Just kinda stay in my seat. I've only gotten airtime in the Very Back seat going down the First Drop and a tiny bit of air on the Hill after the First Overbanked turn.

Diamondback is Best, Than Magnum XL-200, than Millennium Force. MF Is way over rated, it has No Airtime except if your in the back seat you get a tiny bit, it has Speed and height though, and Son of Beast may be more forceful than MF. I know Son of Beast's Max G Force is 4.5, but I don't know Millennium Force's. Also Diamondback's Max G Force is only 2!

Millennium Force reaches a maximum of 5 g's at the bottom of the hill, occasionally approaching 6.

I say Millie, DB, Maggie. Here is why.

I have ALWAYS gotten air on MF's 2 hills. But if someone ranks coasters based on airtime, then how is it that they enjoy Beast, TTD, and Raptor?

Millie has a gut wrenching first drop that has yet to be beaten by any coaster I've been on to date. Millie also has no trim brakes or MCBR to slow it down or ruin it. There is a reason why it's never dropped below #2 steel coaster on the planet in Amusement Today's polls since it's debut in 2000. When it broke down on ERT night last year, people were booing, cussing, and throwing trash outside the queue. I went during Halloweekends last year, and Millie's wait was posted at 3 hours. When the whole cable issue happened earlier this year, I heard several people declare that they were going to skip CoasterMania altogether if Millie wasn't going to be open.

People LOVE Millennium Force, and that is not going to change.

Diamondback ranks second for me because as much as I love the airtime, that grabby trim and the grabby MCBR just don't do it for me. If DB was trimless, it would be my #1 coaster, but we all know that will never happen.

Magnum ranks third for me. The lap bars hurt, and the ride is very rough in some seats, especially if you're unlucky enough to get a wheel seat. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the ride and the air on the bunny hills, but a 20 year old Arrow hyper definitely has an ouch factor.