Magnum vs. Diamondback vs. Millennium Force

KI Kevin

I have never rode Diamondback, but I think all of them have their strong points. MF is a great smooth tall ride, and was revolutionary when it was built. Magnum also is tall and fast, but it has way more airtime than MF.

I would say MF because of the height and that first turn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't ridden Diamondback but I think Millennium Force is better.

Uhm....ok.....

I just think that Diamondback will ever be able to beat Millennium in my opinion. Millennium doesn't have 5+ airtime hills but it's not meant to. It meant to just be about height, speed, and positive G-forces. Still, as of now I'm only speculating. Who knows? After I ride Diamondback it might be my favorite coaster forever. For now, though, I'm stickin' with Millie.

It's all about opinions. Certain People like different elements better than others. Nobody is right.

However I wholeheartedly agree with you. It is unfathomable to me how someone could like Diamondback better than Millennium Force, all factors considered.

Kings Island is my home park, so I've ridden DB quite a few times. I just got back from Cedar Point a couple hours ago so my memory is fresh. Millennium Force is far, far, far superior in my book. After this visit to Cedar Point I still like MF, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum, and Raptor all better than DB.

I think the only factor that DB edges MF in is Airtime.

Speed = MF (not even close)

Height/Drop = MF (not even close)

Intensity = MF (airtime elements of DB are not 'intense')

Theme = MF (this is closer, as neither is themed great. but MF definitely gives me much more of a futuristic/space/the unknown vibe than DB gives me a snake/western/desert feel. Especially at night.)

Appearance= MF (DB just looks like another coaster at Kings Island. MF has this aura about it. Even though it is not the tallest at Cedar Point, It isn't really dwarfed by anything.)

Trains/comfort = MF (This is close. I don't care for DB's seating style as I don't think it added anything to my ride experience, but the seats are very comfortable.......However MF's are the most comfortable seats I have ever been in. Also, I along with some of my friends have been hit by falling objects on DB (change, a sharpie, and my friend took a cell phone to the head) Not a big deal, but nothing like that has ever happened on MF.

Smoothness = Even. (Db is ultra-smooth. but so is MF)

The splashdown feature on DB is nice-looking, but does nothing on the ride unless you're in the very back seat. This is actually my least favorite feature of DB.

And whoever said the turns on DB are more forceful than on MF is absolutely insane.

What it comes down to is MF =Huge Drop, Relentless Speed. DB = lots of Floater Airtime. Pick Your Poison

IMO... Airtime can be a neat addition to a ride with already great Speed/Height/Intensity....... but a ride like DB that is built mainly for airtime is boring when compared to World Class Coasters

You're still totally wrong. It's your opinion though. But the way I've seen MF, never ridden it before, rode DB, but it looks just like a bigger Diamondback. I think DB looks smoother too. I don't know, maybe it's not.

You're still totally wrong. It's your opinion though. But the way I've seen MF, never ridden it before, rode DB, but it looks just like a bigger Diamondback. I think DB looks smoother too. I don't know, maybe it's not.

Lol Seriously? Your gonna say I'm wrong when you haven't even ridden 1 of the 2 coasters in question? You didn't even give any reasons about anything I said that was "totally" wrong.

And to let you know, Millennium Force and Diamondback really are nothing alike. Both give very different ride experiences. You are right that Millennium Force is much taller though. It's much faster too. Diamondback is very smooth, but Millennium Force is just as smooth.

Like I said before, If you like Height and speed more than you'll probably like Millennium Force better. If you like Airtime better, than you'll probably like Diamondback better.

shouldnt there be a stipulation here. you should have ridden all three to base an opinion. anyways, I love all three, but I gotta say Diamondback just for the air! 1 click, arms up, feet up!

Agreed on having to have ridden all three.

All three do offer great rides.

Airtime doesn't do anything for me, so naturally Diamondback doesn't impress me much, ... I easily go with Millennium Force :P

Compairing apples and oranges here...

Diamondback is Maggie and Force's love child.

Diamondback gives a more exciting ride that MF.

Magnum is my favorite ride at The Point. 4 times yesterday twice without trims.

I have ridden MF less than 10 times, yet I have no idea how many times i've ridden it. I have ridden Diamondback 260.

I rather have a 230ft B&M than a 300+ ft speed machine.

EDIT: If you don't like Diamondback, get out of line and let us who love it ride it...... even though it eats our friends.

Don't be happy we have our first B&M, and it is an amazing ride.

If some of you on here don't like what Diamondback offers, then why are your Diamondback ride counts as high as they are?

Just sayin.......

I love all 3 of them to death and I still say Magnum is the best, but that's my OPINION. The first drop on Milly cannot be beat, the airtime on Magnum is unbelievable, the restraint system, capacity, and downright fun factor of Diamondback is awesome. They all have their strong points. I just give my winner to the Arrow classic.

• 2 weeks later...

To me nothing can beat MF, it's so long, tall and fast and being the first of it's kind also gives it the sentimental factor, and if nothing else puts it over the top the view of the Lake does, IMO no matter what you build at Kings Island it still going come up short to MF in regards to the view, there is nothing I love more than getting to the top and looking out at the lake, and the boats, ect.

I have never rode Diamondback, but I think all of them have their strong points. MF is a great smooth tall ride, and was revolutionary when it was built. Magnum also is tall and fast, but it has way more airtime than MF.

I would say MF because of the height and that first turn.

Hey so i just noticed, and now I really want to know.....if you have never riden DB, then why is your name "DBfan"??......just wondering

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't ridden Diamondback but I think Millennium Force is better.

Uhm....ok.....

I just think that Diamondback will ever be able to beat Millennium in my opinion. Millennium doesn't have 5+ airtime hills but it's not meant to. It meant to just be about height, speed, and positive G-forces. Still, as of now I'm only speculating. Who knows? After I ride Diamondback it might be my favorite coaster forever. For now, though, I'm stickin' with Millie.

It's all about opinions. Certain People like different elements better than others. Nobody is right.

However I wholeheartedly agree with you. It is unfathomable to me how someone could like Diamondback better than Millennium Force, all factors considered.

Kings Island is my home park, so I've ridden DB quite a few times. I just got back from Cedar Point a couple hours ago so my memory is fresh. Millennium Force is far, far, far superior in my book. After this visit to Cedar Point I still like MF, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum, and Raptor all better than DB.

I think the only factor that DB edges MF in is Airtime.

Speed = MF (close)

Height/Drop = Diamondback (design of drop is better, but MF for height)

Intensity = Diamondback (part in between the tunnels is kinda boring)

Theme = Tie (both have pretty inexistent themes, both with themed stations and audio)

Appearance= MF (DB just looks like another coaster at Kings Island. MF has this aura about it. Even though it is not the tallest at Cedar Point, It isn't really dwarfed by anything.)

Trains/comfort = Diamondback (This isn't even close. Diamondback's restraints are so much better, and trains are more open).

Smoothness = Diamondback. (Db is ultra-smooth. So is MF but it's shaky at the bottom of the drop.)

The splashdown feature on DB is nice-looking, but does nothing on the ride unless you're in the very back seat. This is actually my least favorite feature of DB.

Fixed :rolleyes: .

Again this is MY opinion.