Why did delirium break last night

lisacor

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Delirium last night (June 6th) It was right at closing time and we were stuck on there for 30 minutes. We had to keep our heads back and they slowly rotated Delirium. When it started out instead of accelerating to start it just barely moved.

Anyone have any details as to what happened last night?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can shed on the details.

The ride probably didn't "allign" itself to the correct loading position. It happened to me on Media Day. No big deal. From what I hear on the video shoot the brakes didn't stop the pendulum so it kept swinging for a bit. Just some kinks with a new ride...

I was there last night and i asked one of the exit greaters and they said it was in fact a brake/alligment problem. No Biggie. cool.gif

Yeah, it's been happening a lot with Delerium. On 6/3, they were testing it and they ended up closing it due to the alignment problems. It should lessen up as time progresses.

~Shadow~

they don't tell us what goes on. I was the one guest relating that night. It sucks because they (they being the supervisor, mechanic, and whoever is driving) really don't tell us. Actually I should clarify. The ride doesn't go down because something is necesarily wrong, it's when the computer detects something is not right, or something like that. The ride will stop itself and then print something on the computer screen like that there is a problem with break system number two or some jargon like that, then the mechanics check it out.

When it swings back and forth, that's becuase the ride stopped itself. It basically just stops working which means that it's gonna swing according to the laws of gravity....I don't know. Either that or someone was pushing on the platforms with their feet. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!!! that's so annoying and it scares the living daylights out of little kids.

So please stop asking ride operators what's wrong. We don't know and if we did we wouldn't tell you...thank you! biggrin.gif

Greg