The Racer

CincyMan98

Whenever I go to Kings Island, I always ride The Racer after everything else. When I ride it, every time, only the Red train is going. Why is that? I thought that maybe it was because there were not enough people to have two trains going, but three times there was at least a 10 minute wait and the whole Red train was filled up and there were still leftover people.

I just want to know why they won't run the Blue train! It's no fun when you ride something called The Racer and there's no trains racing each other. Why?

Whenever I go to Kings Island, I always ride The Racer after everything else. When I ride it, every time, only the Red train is going. Why is that? I thought that maybe it was because there were not enough people to have two trains going, but three times there was at least a 10 minute wait and the whole Red train was filled up and there were still leftover people.

I just want to know why they won't run the Blue train! It's no fun when you ride something called The Racer and there's no trains racing each other. Why?

Do you go to The Racer after 8 all the time? If so then it's very likely that they go down to one side after the swing shifts go home. This is how we do it at the flume, and I'd expect other rides that can do that do.

It runs during the day. Sometimes only red is running for the first couple hours of the day, and then both are running once more people get in line. Once the crowds start to go away, there's no point in running both trains if there's only a very minimal wait. Also, they do race (sometimes) during the day.

It runs during the day. Sometimes only red is running for the first couple hours of the day, and then both are running once more people get in line. Once the crowds start to go away, there's no point in running both trains if there's only a very minimal wait. Also, they do race (sometimes) during the day.

Hey you're ride count says you rode the Red racer more than the Blue! Obviously the Red is run more than the Blue.

Ahem. I was there today, it was packed. The line was stretching out of the entrance past the sign. Only Red was open.

almost every time i have been there, both have been running from around 1130 to 7 or 8ish, with the rest of the time only the red one being operated. It just doesnt make sense to have both running when there isnt much of a line. Sometimes, though there is a problem, or they are short staffed, etc. The fact is that the red is open a lot more, because it was retracked, and is a bit smoother than the Blue.

Ahem. I was there today, it was packed. The line was stretching out of the entrance past the sign. Only Red was open.

Maybe there was something wrong with blue side? Short staffed? I don't know.

This is how CF operates racing coasters. Since the 90's Gemini has operated this way, and it is generally the red side going solo. Occasionally however, blue side stays open later, and there are the days in early / late season only one side runs (generally red).

I guess this is part of making Racer like the other racing coasters in the chain. (or Gemini)

I can confirm that both sides of Racer were open on Tuesday when I first arrived at the park around 4pm. However later in the day around 8ish only the Red Racer was open, and yes the line was all the way back to the entrance . Longest I have seen The Racer line in a long time.

I believe that it may also have to do with the same situation that Beast has with the fireworks. Closing down one side because of where they are launched at. On the blue side the turnaround is closer to the fireworks launching location.

not at 8 oclock it doesnt... if thats even a factor...

Edit: aside from that topic, the blue racer (and most likely the red racer, i just didnt ride it to confirm) definately got all the gum and graffiti out of the ending tunnel or whatever you call it. I rode it yesterday.

red is definitely smoother than the blue, especially if you ride in the back of a car towards the back of the train. i got pretty beat up riding in the next to last car in the back row on the blue side.... i do however think that the blue side gives you a little more airtime... which is why i choose it over the red side.

If a smooth ride on Racer is what you seek, sit thee in the middle of a CAR. Each car has three benches. You want to sit in the middle seat, which is not over the wheels. And yes, the red side is currently far smoother than the blue.

Terpy, who usually can be found in 1-1 or 1-3, or 5-1, oddly enough!

I must say, the condition of The Racer is deplorable!!! Peeling paint, the trims that take the airtime out of the run back to the station, and the disgusting spit and gum all over the walls of the tunnel in the final blocks.... While remembering saving Top Value trading stamps in the 70s so I could get KI tickets and ride what was then a beautiful coaster once or twice a year, seeing those things almost makes me want to cry! CF should be ashamed!!!!!!

Cedar Fair has ruined The Racers!! no doubt:

sell the wood or one larger bondfire with SOB

and lets be done with wood except for the foc and beast!

Um... what? The Racer is not going anywhere anytime soon. It's a classic. It's the centerpiece of Coney Mall. If Big Dipper made it 80 years, then so can The Racer. SoB also can't be burned to the ground. It can't be torn down either. So it's staying.