Lack of Kings Island Pictures

hamoperator

When I went last month, I had planned on taking a ton of pictures, but it came down to I didn't want to mess with the hassle of dealing with a camera all day on the rides, and the lockers there are quite expensive, so. I will remember on future vacations to make sure I have cargo shorts that have zippers on the pockets just for that purpose though.

Terpy, my pen is starting to give way to my PDA... I still almost always have one though.

I've taken a camera twice and get too busy having fun to bother with taking pics. I have a few for a PTR I'm doing for thurs. but they're almost all DB shots. I saw some other good photo ops but didn't want to bother with it.

Try packing around a DSLR camera all day :P

I always look so....well...touristy, but that camera takes some awesome pics.

I have decided to leave it at the hotel and take my point and shoot (it fits in my husband's cargo pants). We are staying until closing tonight, so yeah, I don't want the hassle. AND...I'm taking my first ever Diamondback and Beast "in the dark" rides tonight. Was in line last night, forgot to give my big camera to my husband...and stepped out of line real quick. I mean, he was right there at the bench near the landmark sign.

Then the ride closed for fireworks and I couldn't get back in line. That truly sucked. I missed it by less than a minute. Asked the guy standing where the phone is if I could go on (people were hopping over the closed sign) and he said no. Sometimes being an honest person has penalties lol

Terpy, my pen is starting to give way to my PDA... I still almost always have one though.

I've taken a camera twice and get too busy having fun to bother with taking pics. I have a few for a PTR I'm doing for thurs. but they're almost all DB shots. I saw some other good photo ops but didn't want to bother with it.

I always forget to take pics.

except for waiting in line for a long time, trying anything to contain my boredom.

OK "Top Gun"- I'm going to have to ask the judges on this one.

7709 in 2008 just at KI???? assuming you went everyday in an estimated 110 day operating season (public days- it may be more/less)... that's 70 pictures per day.

Really; are there that many things there to take a picture of at KI. let alone 18000 in 4 years.

I hope that perhaps you are one of the "Keyhole Photo" individuals that snaps pics all day.

..Really; are there that many things there to take a picture of at KI. let alone 18000 in 4 years.

The number sounds astronomical but it really isn't that hard to take that many photos...especially if you have a decent sized family or a few friends or if you love the park's scenery. (On some of KI's special event days I have taken over 500 in a day...but most of them turn out to be "throwaways"....but my theory is at least I have it in case I want it.)

I have no doubt TOPGUN has taken that many photos.

Give me a big enough memory card and I can easily shoot 1000 photos in a day. I've been doing video this year and have shot over 3 hours of video at the various parks I've been to. I've posted a lot of it online, but there is a lot I haven't posted and a lot of scenes I wish I'd shot! And this is keeping in mind that of my 20 or so visits to KI this year, I've only taken my camera in 3 times.

Give me a big enough memory card and I can easily shoot 1000 photos in a day.

i got a memory card that is 4gb and at the right settings i can take 9586 photos if i wanted to. which by the way i went for a little today and took 176 photos that are curently being uploaded on photobucket as i am posting this.

I always take hundreds of Photos Per Visit cause I don't get to go as much as most of you. But usually I end up never posting most of them, I just post my more unique ones that are 'artsy.' Even If I lived right next door to KI and went Every Day, I'd always Bring My camera cause you never know if something bizarre happens and you want a photo of it, or The Sky is really nice for photos, or even just to remember that day your whole life.

I always take hundreds of Photos Per Visit cause I don't get to go as much as most of you. But usually I end up never posting most of them, I just post my more unique ones that are 'artsy.' Even If I lived right next door to KI and went Every Day, I'd always Bring My camera cause you never know if something bizarre happens and you want a photo of it, or The Sky is really nice for photos, or even just to remember that day your whole life.

Yeah, we had one of those 'camnesia' moments during our visit last week. When leaving Flight Deck, the sun was hitting Son of Beast and turning it this beautiful orange-yellow color. I snapped a few photos with my cell phone but really wished I'd had my actual camera so that they were better quality.

I prefer to shoot on the highest setting. I use the pictures as wallpapers on my computer and if I use the lowest settings they don't look good full screen.

i understand when i use my best setting i go from having that option of 9000+ all the way down to 827.

7709 in 2008 just at KI???? assuming you went everyday in an estimated 110 day operating season (public days- it may be more/less)... that's 70 pictures per day.

Really; are there that many things there to take a picture of at KI. let alone 18000 in 4 years.

I hope that perhaps you are one of the "Keyhole Photo" individuals that snaps pics all day.

08pixs.png

:ph34r: Alot of 2008 was getting construction updates for " the other site" along with the many special events the park had that season.

Some of you will get this but the sky is always changing thus your photos can improve. The view is always different.

I usually dont bring a camera, but i do bring my phone. But, when I do bring one, it is usually on a trip specifically for pics. Also, next RWW I will make sure to take tons of great pics and definately post them! :)