good place to camp or cheap hotel around KI

diamondback_king

I will be travelling with my 2 younger sons (10 and 6) and I am thinking about camping in leau of a hotel rooms to save money primariy. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced campground near KI, we would be needing someplace that allows tent campers. Or just as well, does anyone know of a cheap yet clean hotal near the park? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Well there used to be a campground right where great wolf lodge is, but as we all know, that has been gone for a while.

You could go to Great Wolf, but that definately wouldnt be saving money.

you could also go to the Kings Island inn which is right across the street from great wolf. that should be pretty cheap as hotels go.

then there is also a comfort inn about 5 miles away

I would give priceline's "Name Your Own Price" bidding a try. There are lots of 2.5 - 3 star hotels in the northeast Cincinnati area, like in the Blue Ash, Sharonville, Mason area, with a short drive to Kings Island (about 15 mins, maybe less). I've seen successful bids as low as $40/night.

Check out this before bidding - http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/72...Cincinnati.html

Use this link to do your bid: http://www.amazing-bargains.com/j/priceline-45.html?afsrc=1

Zones to check:

Kings Island Area

Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash

Cincinnati North - Sharonville

One catch to doing this is that you can't cancel/change a successful bid, and room preferences may not be guaranteed. But getting a nice place for the price of a cheap place is a plus - sometimes even close to where you want to be!

We used hotwire.com

Got a room at La Quinta off exit 19 for $30/night, and that was on a holiday weekend. The hotel was very clean

Our trip this week, we used hotwire and got a room in Sharonville (15 minutes away) at Drury Inn & Suites. We had our room from Wed-today for $150. Now that was a nice place. Free hot breakfast (biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, etc)..free pop and popcorn, free 'adult' beverages from 5:30-7:30pm..

I'd check through them, but you have to go where they place you, you can't choose.