New Flat Rides

KI Kevin

Yes, that'd be a great addition to Kings Island...you'd be amazed, though, by how many coaster enthusiasts are terrified by large Ferris Wheels like the one found at Kentucky Kingdom....

*cough*

*raises hand*

I HATE ferris wheels. I'll ride ANYTHING but those. My husband dragged me on the one at CP, and no sir, I didn't like it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that'd be a great addition to Kings Island...you'd be amazed, though, by how many coaster enthusiasts are terrified by large Ferris Wheels like the one found at Kentucky Kingdom....

*cough*

*raises hand*

I HATE ferris wheels. I'll ride ANYTHING but those. My husband dragged me on the one at CP, and no sir, I didn't like it.

(Here comes the big 100th post! Yay me!!!!)

I don't really enjoy ferris wheels either, but I will ride them. My group at CP dragged me on it (That wait seemed really long. Like 45 minutes.). I thought it was boring, but it kinda freaked me out being up that high with nothing to really hold me in. I'd much rather do an observation tower than a ferris wheel.

I think KI should get a fairly large ferris wheel. Smaller than CP's. I probably wouldn't ride it, but for those who love 'em....

But yay! 100th post. I was going to make a seperate thread, but I should help the environment, and not waste forum space.

You would be amazed at how many people in general are petrified of Ferris Wheels, regardless if it is the new modern versions like at Cedar Point. I know I`ve had to let people off of the 45' high Eli Bridge ferris wheel at Coney because they simply can`t stand the ride. And I`m not just talking kids either. There are often adults that come off practically in tears because they hated the experience so much!

The Giant Wheel at CP was actually what made me get over my fear of Ferris wheels.

I'd ridden in one when I was little, where you could swing the seats back and forth, oh no, I did NOT like that.. especially since it was one of those ones where they pick a random seat to wildly swing back and forth at the top.. of course they pick ours. There were no safety belts on the doors or the seats, and I nearly fell out.

I got on the Giant Wheel at CP last year because I wanted the view even though I wasn't happy about getting on a Ferris wheel.

I liked that they use a certain loading method to keep the wheel balanced. I also like that there are safety belts on the doors and the seats. And if you rock the seat, the ride ops yell at you. I feel very safe on Giant Wheel.. not to mention if you ride it as the sun is starting to set, the view from the top is too breathtaking to describe.

Yep. There is a specific way in which we load the Wheel at Coney to keep it balanced. This method is partly the reason why it takes so long to load and unload. And yes, people do want to rock the cars, even though there are warning signs on the back of all the cars! I have yelled at almost as many people for spitting on the Ferris Wheel this year as I have rocking the seats though. When I see someone spit on the ride, I yell at them, and promptly kick them off the ride.

I have yelled at almost as many people for spitting on the Ferris Wheel this year as I have rocking the seats though. When I see someone spit on the ride, I yell at them, and promptly kick them off the ride.

I don't blame you. That is disgusting.

Last year I saw a kid next to me spit at the top of Drop Tower, and one kid and his friend were throwing Skittles from the top (you better believe I yelled at them!). Some people really need to discipline their children.

I have yelled at almost as many people for spitting on the Ferris Wheel this year as I have rocking the seats though. When I see someone spit on the ride, I yell at them, and promptly kick them off the ride.

I don't blame you. That is disgusting.

Last year I saw a kid next to me spit at the top of Drop Tower, and one kid and his friend were throwing Skittles from the top (you better believe I yelled at them!). Some people really need to discipline their children.

When we were at SFKK we were on their ferris wheel someone in another car threw something. The ride stopped and we could see the ride ops get on the phone. Next thing there were 4-5 security & 2 local cops. They started up the ride to get them to the bottom and removed them from the ride then from the park.

We have to get that T-Rex ride at KI. I love that kind of motion and the fact that the dinosaur is animated and roars is too cool.

I hate spitting. Hate it. People spit all over KI, 'hawk lugies', and all that junk. I can't tell you how many times I've stepped in someone's spit. GROSS! People also walk around barefoot at KI, I'd never do that as I'd be afraid that I'd step in someone's nasty SPIT! It's gross! Spit into a trashcan or something! I saw kids spit onto the riders of BLSC when they came out of the tunnel, and preceeded to yell at them. Also, people in front of me were spitting while riding Diamondback, trying to see what their spit would do, and their spit went right into my face!

Personally, I find spit worse than any other body fluid. I don't know why.

I was spit (spat?) on while riding Invertigo. When I got off, there was a big loogey on my arm. I almost puked. I can stomach anything but spit. It's a nasty habit some people have.

^someone spit while i was riding The Beast last year and it hit me in the face, i told them at the end of the ride and they said that i shouldn't have been behind them. So later on i ran into them again while in line for The Vortex and i spit over the rail and it hit him on the head, he looked up at me and i said im sorry you shouldn't have been standing there. I know it was childesh but it made me mad and im a strong beleaver in getting even.

KI needs a lot more carnival type rides. Like everyone says: Ferris wheel, Enterprise, a chaos kind of ride like at CP, and maybe rename Coney Mall "The Midway" because I don't understand what Coney Mall is supposed to mean!

I think Coney Mall is a refrence to the OLD Coney Island. It was an old time amusment park that sat on the river.

Coney Mall is supposed to be a reflection of that old park.

KI needs a lot more carnival type rides. Like everyone says: Ferris wheel, Enterprise, a chaos kind of ride like at CP, and maybe rename Coney Mall "The Midway" because I don't understand what Coney Mall is supposed to mean!

I think Coney Mall is a refrence to the OLD Coney Island. It was an old time amusment park that sat on the river.

Coney Mall is supposed to be a reflection of that old park.

But what's a "mall"? I mean, I know what Coney Island is, I've been there before, and it's still around - I just don't know what mall is supposed to relate to.

Knowing Cedar Fair, because they wanted to drop the Coney part since Coney Island (of Ohio) is open again (it wasn't when Coney Island, the original name for that area of Kings Island, was instituted)?

Terpy, just sayin' (and wondering when that will happen...as he figures it will sooner or later...then again, the food stand with the Coney Refreshments sign is a tribute to the old park!)

people already complain about Cedar Fair's name choices being too generic. So why would they change a perfectly good name, Coney Mall, to something generic like The Midway. It's name is fine right now IMO

Well, that is true. Now I do agree with you. But that brings me to another thing- why Action Zone............

This isn't supposed to start another discussion!!

Not to mention a meaning for mall, according to Merriam Webster, is:

a usually public area often set with shade trees and designed as a promenade or as a pedestrian walk

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mall

That answers my question! But I think they should change the name to The Midway still...simple.

I wouldn't like coney island to be the midway it sounds to original if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

TILT-A-WIRL!!!!

I love CP's T-A-W.

HAVE to ride when I go. I like to get the cars spinning wildly... it amuses onlookers, not to mention myself.. :wacko:

If they change the name because of "Coney" then they will have to change Kings Island to something different. Kings Island got the "Island" part from Coney Island

It's called Coney Mall because back in the day when Coney Island was the original Coney Island before Kings Island was open, the part of Coney where all the major rides were located...where the Ginko Trees were was known as the Mall. I don't know why or who did it but that was the name. Hence when Kings Island was created that part of the park was named Coney Mall. At the time, Coney was closed and never expected to ever open again so that was how the memory of Coney was supposed to be remembered.

It's called Coney Mall because back in the day when Coney Island was the original Coney Island before Kings Island was open, the part of Coney where all the major rides were located...where the Ginko Trees were was known as the Mall. I don't know why or who did it but that was the name. Hence when Kings Island was created that part of the park was named Coney Mall. At the time, Coney was closed and never expected to ever open again so that was how the memory of Coney was supposed to be remembered.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Coney Mall known as Coney Island when the park first opened?