New Flat Rides

KI Kevin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not remember it going any other direction than clockwise, the cars are built to load from the left (facing front). Also the track was much longer back then, but the Indians kept attacking so they decided to get rid of them, shorten the track, and build a water park.

Well, you should. Many, many parks used to have Indian attacks, and the cowboys would courageously defend the park patrons, with always predictable results. It was a different time, a simpler time. . .

And some (Or most...) may go so far as to say it was a better time :o

It was a different time, a simpler time. . .

Well not for my nephew, he was terrified of those darn pesky Indians....That is until his older brother became one......Oh how I miss that show. My favorite part was the conductor with the mic, you could ride the train 40 times in one year and they were still able to tell you some thing about the area or history event you did not know about.....fun times, really fun times.

^Yeah. Now they just tell you when you are passing White Water Canyon, the family raft at Boomerang Bay, the train house, and the fake village. Also they continually play "Cotton Eye Joe" and "A Land Down Under" song. Even though I love riding the train it has become boring over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
It's called Coney Mall because back in the day when Coney Island was the original Coney Island before Kings Island was open, the part of Coney where all the major rides were located...where the Ginko Trees were was known as the Mall. I don't know why or who did it but that was the name. Hence when Kings Island was created that part of the park was named Coney Mall. At the time, Coney was closed and never expected to ever open again so that was how the memory of Coney was supposed to be remembered.

Actually Kings Island was a replacement for Coney Island. The people who owned Coney Island merged with Taft Broadcasting to create Kings Island. Many of the original rides in Coney Mall were moved from Coney Island and installed at Kings Island. There's a great documentary on WCET's website about it. http://www.cetconnect.org/KingsIsland/

Well, you should. Many, many parks used to have Indian attacks, and the cowboys would courageously defend the park patrons, with always predictable results. It was a different time, a simpler time. . .

yes, And thats one of the maing things i LOVED about the train ride......i rermember hearing the guns poping and remmeber when one indian shot the water the water splashed up. and next to the mary rose in was the blacksmith.

Disney used to have staged fights all the time in frontierland betweeen cowboys and indians, but they were done away with for the most part some years back. I do know that on special occasions, mainly in the summertime, Disney will bring back the fights for a very short run (prob to cater to nostalgic parents). When I worked there, they had them from time to time in the height of the busy summer season. I don't see KI bringing them back, esp with CF running the show since that's out of their wheelhouse, so to speak.