Carowinds 2010!

I figure the Kings Dominion 'attraction' has a 21 page topic why not one for Carowinds. Many of you Kings Islander's will recognize the construction..

3730184545_86ddabbdfe_o.jpg

3730983432_68c3eac195_o.jpg

Just today someone did some snooping and found the potential name and theme, which you can see in this thread.

You can follow along with the construction and discussion of the new ride at Carowinds Connection and all the latest photo updates can be found in this thread.

Slightly off topic, I went to Kings Island a few weeks ago and really loved Diamondback, it will be nice to have something similar to me just a short drive away. :D

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have a confirmed name and logo here, White Lightning. Oddly enough, they had another coaster named White Lightning, a Shuttle Loop removed in 1988.

Screamscape Report:

2010 - White Lightning / New Coaster - Under Construction - (7/21/09) A very interesting picture slid into my inbox this morning... one that confirms a rumor we had heard about the 2010 coaster way back in December. Yes, someone apparently found an semi-official logo for the new coaster which is going to bring back the White Lightning name.

At first I thought about not posting the photo out of fear that the photographer might get in trouble, but upon a closer look at the photo itself with Photoshoped, I started to make out little indicators where it appeared that the photo itself may have been doctored. Just look at the scene in general here... everything is all set up neat and clean... every folder tab is visible and appropriate, and the logo itself is almost perfectly squared off to the camera at a near perfect and level angle. Just managing to do that by hand with a real camera, let along a small cell phone camera, is almost impossible itself without some post-production help from Photoshop. Then look at the letters in the logo... they too are squared off perfectly to the camera, especially the long running white bar along the bottom. Perfect... too perfect. Something doesn’t smell right... and if that wasn’t enough there is the over the top Post-It Note in the top left corner, saying that logo had to be revised by July 23rd, 2009. Why is that date important? Because Coaster-Stock is taking place the very next morning on July 24th.

Does this mean the photo or logo are a fake? No... I don’t think so... I’m just thinking this could have been a carefully planned “leak” on the part of Carowinds, just days out from Coaster Stock and the big announcement. In short... an attempt to create some serious buzz well in advance of the announcement, which they certainly have.

2009_0720_WhiteLightningLogo_300.jpg

Funny but when I saw that picture I thought to myself that seems staged. Everything looked way too perfect the way it was all set up. I must agree, this seems like a leak to me and I think the posting on this site to start a topic specifically on Carowinds 2010 coaster since KD is getting the love is also interesting. Seems like this is all planned to leak on Carowinds Connection and also KIC all at the same time. I love a good conspiracy.

On the ride itself, anyone think since the original was a weight drop launch looper, that the 2010 ride could be launched as well? I know the majority of rumors I have heard suggest B&M hyper, but what if. Plus I always like fueling the rumor mill, its fun and thats what they want us to do. Game on...

I must agree, this seems like a leak to me and I think the posting on this site to start a topic specifically on Carowinds 2010 coaster since KD is getting the love is also interesting. Seems like this is all planned to leak on Carowinds Connection and also KIC all at the same time. I love a good conspiracy.

Are you serious?

I must agree, this seems like a leak to me and I think the posting on this site to start a topic specifically on Carowinds 2010 coaster since KD is getting the love is also interesting. Seems like this is all planned to leak on Carowinds Connection and also KIC all at the same time. I love a good conspiracy.

Are you serious?

You think someone was able to get a James Bondish spy camera picture of the top secret 2010 coaster plans for Carowinds, that the files were all in a perfect stack so that the blueprint was barely sticking out and you could see all of the file tabs and then that individual was able to post them on the web without reprisal? Seriously?

^I'm with you on that one, and feel the same way about the KD giga. I think it is way to convenient that you can see the label, clearly saying "Intamin Giga for Kings Dominion 2010". It seems like it's too easy, like they set it up to look like that.

But, that's Kings Dominion. This is Carowinds. On with the show!

Are you serious?

You think someone was able to get a James Bondish spy camera picture of the top secret 2010 coaster plans for Carowinds, that the files were all in a perfect stack so that the blueprint was barely sticking out and you could see all of the file tabs and then that individual was able to post them on the web without reprisal? Seriously?

I was referring to the part about it being a planned leak onto KIC. JamminJ wasn't the person who originally posted the photo on Carowinds Connections. It was someone else named coasterjunkie79, who probably works at the park if it was a planned release, which I'm sure it was. They registered just before posting, said they had more pictures, and then never posted anything. Also, what's so interesting about a topic being created specifically about the Carowinds 2010 construction?

I was referring to the part about it being a planned leak onto KIC. JamminJ wasn't the person who originally posted the photo on Carowinds Connections. It was someone else named coasterjunkie79, who probably works at the park if it was a planned release, which I'm sure it was. They registered just before posting, said they had more pictures, and then never posted anything. Also, what's so interesting about a topic being created specifically about the Carowinds 2010 construction?

What's interesting to me is that JamminJ joined KIC back in October of 2007 and has never posted anything on KIC until this? What the guy wakes up yesterday and says - hey I remember my KIC username and password, let me go post this topic there.

I think its a CF/Carrowinds PR dept created account that they have used for a while to monitor KIC that they finally decided to use to post something since KD was getting all the love. Either that or Dane/BoddaH are a part of this conspiracy and changed the join date.

Well, it's not that weird. JamminJ is his username on Carowinds Connection, so that's not hard to remember. I use the same username on other sites. Then there's a button to hit if you forget your password, so that's how he could've gotten that. Maybe he wanted to see what other sites were saying about the Carowinds 2010 construction.

Why would CF choose KIC. We're several hundred miles away. It's just one website that was caught by the buzz over that picture/ viral marketing. I don't think JamminJ is a PR Dept. created username for the simple fact the same one in use over at Carowinds Connection is a site moderator.

Yes, I'm definitely not part of the parks PR department (but with all this advertising of the construction they could put me on the payroll at least :lol: ) I am a moderator on Carowinds Connection, and have been since the sites inception in 2003. I'm not sure why I joined KICentral originally, but it may have been right around the time Diamondback was being discussed/leaked. I do try to use the same screen name for most forums, that way when people see my name they can possibly identify it with some of my posts on another site. And its just plain easier to remember. ;)

Looks like y'all are getting what is essentially a mirror image of Diamondback. You will enjoy it very much!

Careful, if Behemoth and Diamondback are any indication (And I'd like to think they are), then I'd think not. Some could call Diamondback essentially a mirror image of Behemoth, they have about the same number of hills and a hammerhead and 2 helices, others would disagree. Behemoth has a simpler layout then Diamondback, Diamondback has a splashdown, goes over midways, yada yada yada, and is quite different then Behemoth. I'm sure Cedar Fair will add something similar, but certainly not on the border of cookie cutter!

But, I do wholeheartedly agree with one part of your post. They will, enjoy it VERY much!

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like y'all are getting what is essentially a mirror image of Diamondback. You will enjoy it very much!

Careful, if Behemoth and Diamondback are any indication (And I'd like to think they are), then I'd think not. Some could call Diamondback essentially a mirror image of Behemoth, they have about the same number of hills and a hammerhead and 2 helices, others would disagree. Behemoth has a simpler layout then Diamondback, Diamondback has a splashdown, goes over midways, yada yada yada, and is quite different then Behemoth. I'm sure Cedar Fair will add something similar, but certainly not on the border of cookie cutter!

But, I do wholeheartedly agree with one part of your post. They will, enjoy it VERY much!

Any other differences? :lol: I'm sure it will be a good ride...but this is exactly my problem with B&M. For their hyper coasters, they are practically all the same thing...

Seems that a large shipping container has dropped on the front of the park and it refrences "Lightning Really Does Strike Twice" and "IZ12ENUFF"

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3038/car...more-hints.html

Very very interesting indeed. Hmmm White Lignting also refers to Moonshine and NASCAR started by Moonshine runners. 12E, 3E, The Big E. Carolinas, the opening of the NASCAR hall of fame. All so very interesting.