Carowinds 2010!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This massive attraction will stand 232-feet (23-stories) tall at its highest peak and send guests plunging down a 211-foot first drop at a 74-degree angle, reaching speeds in excess of 75 miles per hour. The second (178-feet) and third (151-feet) hills are also taller than any rollercoaster at Carowinds. With 5,316 feet of track, the Intimidator™ will feature high speed twists and turns including seven steep drops -- one for each of his NASCAR® championships -- and an intense finish through a diving spiral. The ride experience will last more than three minutes, and replicate the speed and intensity of a fast-paced NASCAR(®) race.

http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.asp...3398&EDATE=

Looks like a fantastic ride, maybe not as good as Diamondback but still a wonderful Hyper, as usual. I love how they are going to go into a lot of detail for the ride plaza and pay a lot of respect for the Intimidator himself, that just shows care and attention to detail on Cedar Fair's part, which is unusual.

Nice to have at least one ride this summer that wasn't a let down.

Looks like a great ride, similar to our DB but just different enough to be a different ride. Though I'm a wee bit dissapointed since I was expecting a US or World record breaker, not a "local" record breaker. (Unless it break's Diamondback's airtime record, which we have not found out yet) Oh well, it's the ride experience that counts.

PS: I wonder if anyone will get this and Intimidator 305 confused with each other...(I say yes!) Maybe naming TWO rides "Intimidator" was a bad idea...

I love the layout of this ride! It's a little Nitro and a little Behemoth rolled into one coaster. This coaster looks like it may have the best first half of any B&M hyper, which is saying something considering that Nitro's and Behemoth's first halves are both very good. The turnaround, particularly in the back, will catch a lot of people by surprise, as the one on Behemoth is fantastic. There's also NO TRIMS SHOWING! If this thing isn't trimmed I can almost guarantee this will be a top 10 ride. I'm actually more excited about riding this than KD's Intimidator.

Actually, it is the tallest B&M in North America.

Wow, just checked and you are right! I guess that's some sort of record...(Lame Joke Ahead!)they built 2 whopping feet taller than they normally do! How did Cedar Fair talk them into that? :lol:

I must say, this is looking like a very nice coaster. Only complaint I would have is that the final helix seems a little awkward, as if it were added in order to have more length. I must say that I like Diamondback's layout a tad bit better as well.The ride altogether seems top-class though, definitely putting Carowinds on the map! I wonder if there's a trip to Carowinds for me in the future...

I'm more excited about this Intimidator than the other. It seems to me CF said "Okay we have a budget of $2X million for Carowinds. Let's buy the best roller coaster we can get for the money." And with KD, they said "Okay we have a budget of $2X million, let's make the height above 300' so that we can call it a Giga, but less than 310' because we don't want it to be better than MF. Now that the first hill is over 300' we've used half our budget so now we need to keep the coaster close to the ground and just give it some twisties so we can save money and be within budget."

I like the Carowinds approach.

^not sure why that would ever be funny... :wacko:

The fact that he gets death threats is comical, not the actual death threat.

I must say, this is looking like a very nice coaster. Only complaint I would have is that the final helix seems a little awkward, as if it were added in order to have more length. I must say that I like Diamondback's layout a tad bit better as well.The ride altogether seems top-class though, definitely putting Carowinds on the map! I wonder if there's a trip to Carowinds for me in the future...

If you watch the on-ride video on their website, I think the final helix looks great.

the amount of banked turns and dives are really going to add to the excitement, and force of this ride.

I think DB will have more air-time, but I think this one will keep you pinned in your seat a little more.

I could be wrong, and I usually am, but I think this is going to be a perfect mixture of airtime and g's.