Carowinds 2010!

I must say, this is looking like a very nice coaster. Only complaint I would have is that the final helix seems a little awkward, as if it were added in order to have more length. I must say that I like Diamondback's layout a tad bit better as well.The ride altogether seems top-class though, definitely putting Carowinds on the map! I wonder if there's a trip to Carowinds for me in the future...

I think it looks strange, but I think it looks like fun. Also, they have it listed as a dive turn or something, just not a helix.

It's the exact same drop and speed as Diamondback! And that hammerhead looks really weird! But why the same theme as Kings Dominion's new coaster?

They don't list it as a hammerhead, just a turnaround.

If the video would stop its constant stopping and starting for me, then I definitely would watch it! :lol:

By the pictures though, it just looks out-of-place to me. Maybe (quite possibly) I'm wrong.

If you look at recent hypers, they end with a helix (or helix before a splashdown).

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Pause it and let the whole thing load.

Personally I like this layout better than Diamondback's. I think there is a lot more to the coaster before the MCBR on Intimidator. Of course this assumes that we'll get similar airtime on the camelbacks. If so, I think this could be the best B&M Hyper out there.

Well, Diamondback does have one more helix than Intimidator does, so thats a positive. Also, DB has the awesome splashdown ending and the first hill practically on the midway, which is way cool to watch! And Intimidator looks like B&M just took BD, Behemoth, and Nitro and molded them all together to make another hyper. Overall though, I'm excited about Intimidator!

I love the layout of this ride! It's a little Nitro and a little Behemoth rolled into one coaster. This coaster looks like it may have the best first half of any B&M hyper, which is saying something considering that Nitro's and Behemoth's first halves are both very good. The turnaround, particularly in the back, will catch a lot of people by surprise, as the one on Behemoth is fantastic. There's also NO TRIMS SHOWING! If this thing isn't trimmed I can almost guarantee this will be a top 10 ride. I'm actually more excited about riding this than KD's Intimidator.

I think the ride looks like it is going to be awesome and agree that the turnaround will be interesting with the slight right before the left hand turnaround. As for NO TRIMS - I went back and checked the Diamondback front seat annimation and the trim was clearly visible so I'm hopeful!

Looks like a pretty neat coaster. The only thing I've got against it is that I think hypercoasters should have a straightforward camelback after the first drop.

I will be interested to see how the top of the second hill turn affects the ride/airtime. On DB, I love the turns at the bottom of the first and second drops, so will have to wait and see.

If you watch the on-ride video on their website, I think the final helix looks great.

the amount of banked turns and dives are really going to add to the excitement, and force of this ride.

I think DB will have more air-time, but I think this one will keep you pinned in your seat a little more.

I could be wrong, and I usually am, but I think this is going to be a perfect mixture of airtime and g's.

Yep, looks like some good lateral g's on this one that Diamondback doesn't have.

After watching several times. The POV video that is,

the best element may be coming out of the Hammerhead, or turn around, or whatever you want to call it.

It comes out of the turn, turns left, then right, real quickly, going under the supports.

Head choppers delight!

^ I'm betting you'll be able to see much more of the ride at Carowinds. The trees do partly block much of the action on DB, but the placement of Carowinds hyper will allow for much less obstructed viewing. It'll be much more similar to Behemoth's placement at Canada's Wonderland, which I might add, is fantastic.