Carowinds 2010!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was holding off, but I suppose now is a good time to post this (the job has been listed for about a week now):

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/careers/permanent.cfm

Anyone here want the PR Manager job at Carowinds?

Thats Nothing new to me I have known this for 2 months. Dani Is getting Married some time in April I have been following her on FB. Congrats to her and her soon to be husband.

Thats Nothing new to me I have known this for 2 months. Dani Is getting Married some time in April I have been following her on FB. Congrats to her and her soon to be husband.

I do have to ask Adam, why was it important that there was a need to "one-up" Cory by saying you've known for 2 months as compared to his 1 week? Thank you for sharing that info about Dani, but I feel your comment was a little uncalled for, but I digress. I wish Dani the best with any future endeavors, as it's always a shame to lose a great PR person. ie. Maureen.

I do have to ask Adam, why was it important that there was a need to "one-up" Cory by saying you've known for 2 months as compared to his 1 week? Thank you for sharing that info about Dani, but I feel your comment was a little uncalled for, but I digress. I wish Dani the best with any future endeavors, as it's always a shame to lose a great PR person. ie. Maureen.

Sry if I Seemed a bit harsh B).

The ride is amazing. Not as much air as or beloved Diamondback but has some great elements. The 2nd hill delivers just as I thought it would. The 3rd hill was the only one that gave me the prolonged floater air that I get on just about every hill on DB. The turnaround is wicked. You twist to the right before turning hard to the left. The helix is much better then DB but not quite as good as SFOG Goliath IMO.

This coaster will do great things for the park.

The weather is supposed to hold out for another few hours so we will be heading back across the street in about an hour for a few more laps.

Going back to the park In about 10 min to get some more Laps on Timmy but I think IMO Diamondback is better has more air than Timmy but timmy has the sweet elements that DB doenst have. Oh WE all tried to tell them to brign the eagles back even Don tried but they wont let us. Expect Some good Ptrs From some of us.

Intimidator is simply fantastic. The position of the coaster in the park is great and really dominates the skyline of the park. I think you can see it from just about every corner of the park and sounds like a small jet rolling down that first hill.

The first half of this ride is the best first half of any B&M hyper I've ridden thus far. There is STRONG airtime on all of the hills prior to the MCBR. The airtime is a little stronger on Intimidator in cars 3-6 but is probably similar in the first two and last two cars as compared to DB. The turnaround is much better here than on DB, and the ride is totally smooth everywhere and in every seat. I really hope that KI is able to smooth out the section of track located between the turnaround exit and fourth hill on DB. I much prefer DBs second half though, as the diving spiral doesn't generate enough forces unless you're in the very back of the train.

Intimidator is a great addition to Carowinds and if you have a chance to check it out you should definitely take advantage. The capacity was great and just like DB the line never stops moving. I'd suspect that DB and Intimidator will end up very close to each other on most steel coaster rankings, as they do my own personal rankings as well. B&M has done it again!

The ride is amazing. Not as much air as or beloved Diamondback but has some great elements. The 2nd hill delivers just as I thought it would. The 3rd hill was the only one that gave me the prolonged floater air that I get on just about every hill on DB. The turnaround is wicked. You twist to the right before turning hard to the left. The helix is much better then DB but not quite as good as SFOG Goliath IMO.

This coaster will do great things for the park.

The weather is supposed to hold out for another few hours so we will be heading back across the street in about an hour for a few more laps.

I had the same feeling about airtime on my 1st and 2nd ride on Intimidator, of course, I got seriously stapled and was around the middle of the train both times. The 3rd go around completely changed my opionion about the airtime on the ride as it was in row 3 with some breathing space between me and the restraint. All I could think was WOW!!!! I pulled all the airtime that DB offers plus the twisting elements put it slighty ahead of DB in my opinion. My 4th ride and final ride was also a good one towards the back of the train, I feel that I got way more airtime in the back than I had ever pulled in the back 2 cars of DB.