Flight of Fear...

CedarPointer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After working FOF for two years 97 and 98 I used to remember both station and q-line pre-show by heart! I liked how they would show the line in real time back when pre-show was for outerlimits, that little part must of been edited out when the Outer Limits licensing ran out!

After working FOF for two years 97 and 98 I used to remember both station and q-line pre-show by heart! I liked how they would show the line in real time back when pre-show was for outerlimits, that little part must of been edited out when the Outer Limits licensing ran out!

Nope, they still show that part. It's just that the cameras are aimed at parts that are normally empty, right around the base of the two 'towers' inside the queue. I've seen it several times this season and go "oh noes, empty queues!" :lol:

I miss the blackout.

Well was it just walking walking walking...Oh pretty space ship...BOOM no lights...three seconds later, oh the lights are back on?

It was synchronized with the video. If you've ever watched the video, it's where the one guy (was it Mr. Christopher? Can't remember now) plugs something into the spaceship and it sends the whole scene into this weird time warp and then there's a power surge and the screen goes dark. The entire room used to go dark at the exact same time and usually resulted in some genuine screams from the unsuspecting queuers. It's the end of the video, because after a few seconds of darkness, the lights were slowly raised as the screens showed what looked like a computer system rebooting.

I remember in the fof que they use to have red sirens flashing, and spotlights shining on (the yellow jump suits) in-sink with the video. And the entire que room would switch colors from purple to green, etc.

Do red sirens flash? I thought sirens went whoop whoop, and it was lights that flash.

Radar- who had to.

I would love to see a well thought out, revamped FOF, featuring updated modern props and modern, working, theming enhancements. I find it odd that you can just walk right in and watch as it launches while waiting in line. Watching the launch removes some of the shock and awe. I would have found it better with a means of making the ride not visible from the seating que gates, there by making every launch a screamer. Maybe then, if the station is designed to look like the exit station as well, the "Oh my gosh where did they go?" aspect only just implied right now would be more believeable. But alas, I'd imagine that might have been determined "too Scary".

It also always irked me that as it is now, it's "Fort" Kinzel, which makes it an Army base, as I cannot think of any Air Force bases that are a Fort 'something', yet the personnel in the video appears air force, and it has a definitive air force theme... Air Force is acceptable as it is the branch most accepted to investigate and cover up ufo sightings and alien contacts, so why call the area 'fort'? I suspect that Kinzel liked "Fort Kinzel" better than "Kinzel AFB" or maybe the Air Force expressed a desire for CF not to infer Air Force in the name.

it was always "Fort 'something'" It used to be called "Fort Cooper" named after Jane Cooper (I think), she worked for the parks when they were Paramount. Now it's named "Fort Kinzel" after Dick Kinzel.

I find it odd that you can just walk right in and watch as it launches while waiting in line. Watching the launch removes some of the shock and awe. I would have found it better with a means of making the ride not visible from the seating que gates, there by making every launch a screamer.

I could never see them doing that. There's already enough people that are SHOCKED! that FOF has inversions, and think it's just like Space Mountain for whatever reason.

I will say when they had the OTHR's the effect of "Oh lordy where did they go?" was much cooler. and how do you hide a launch in a building that is pretty small? (at least the launch area is, not the bowl of the ride)

Easy enough, If CF wanted to do it right here and now... Although somewhat annoying to be told where to go to sit, they could install a door at the last doorway into the station itself, door closes as they are loading and checking restraints, and then reopens just before the empty train emerges, they would just put a ride op there that assigns you a seat/enforces no one sees the launch (much as the Crypt ride ops unnecessarily refuse to let you watch the ride unless you actually want to ride it). One employee and a door or curtain would be all it took. The LIM sound, the screams, that's all ok for people to hear and get whatever wrong impression, without the vision of seeing it, it would still be a thrill rush SURPRISE!

I will say when they had the OTHR's the effect of "Oh lordy where did they go?" was much cooler. and how do you hide a launch in a building that is pretty small? (at least the launch area is, not the bowl of the ride)

Easy enough, If CF wanted to do it right here and now... Although somewhat annoying to be told where to go to sit, they could install a door at the last doorway into the station itself, door closes as they are loading and checking restraints, and then reopens just before the empty train emerges, they would just put a ride op there that assigns you a seat/enforces no one sees the launch (much as the Crypt ride ops unnecessarily refuse to let you watch the ride unless you actually want to ride it). One employee and a door or curtain would be all it took. The LIM sound, the screams, that's all ok for people to hear and get whatever wrong impression, without the vision of seeing it, it would still be a thrill rush SURPRISE!

The launch is way too loud when people are screaming. They should have a no scream policy on that ride. lol