Bugs Bugs Everywhere!

I just got back to the hotel after my first ever ride on Millennium Force. I rode in the front seas at about 9:00 PM. I was so pumped and the first hill was so amazing. The speed around the overbanked turn was awesome and the ride was just great until we got out of the first tunnel. Boom! Tons of little spikes hit my face. I disregarded it until we got to the bottom of the first cammelback and I was hit again. The little needles hurt so bad I had to close my eyes. I thought it was water for a couple seconds when I was wiping stuff off my face. I finally realized these needles were bugs. The turn around over the line was even swarmed with bugs. We rolled back into the unload station and the women next to me was covered. Her white sweater had tons of bugs on it and I could just imagine what my face looked like because she had hers covered.

Well I just got out of the shower and I washed tons of bugs off my face and hair. It was an amazing ride but the after effects kinda sucked. Anyone else have this experience at Cedar Point?

Or, when muffleheads are out, Top Thrill Dragster in the front seat. Truly an unforgettable experience, topped only by being dive bombed in the parking lot by a suddenly no longer constipated sea gull.

Terpy, who unfortunately has been the recipient of both treatments, fortunately not on the same day, unfortunately of the latter one no less than thrice. So far. That place in New Jersey has sea gulls, too...but they haven't seen fit to splatter him with their treasures, not that he's complaining or anything...

I had a tasty "bugsnack" on my first (and still only :( ) ride on Diamondback (bottom of 2nd hill). Thankfully, it was small, and didn't upset my belly. I took a mothbath on Delirium one night a couple years ago (thankfully, none of them hit my face). Bugs just come with the territory.

I got a swarm of bugs in my face on Mean Streak years ago. And once in the front seat of The Beast during an evening ride, I had my mouth open while yelling as we started to enter the MCBR, and I felt something hit the back of my throat. I just looked at the incident as getting some extra protein in my diet! :lol:

I have also been attacked by a red winged black bird several times. They get pretty aggressive when they have babies in the nest. One got me real good getting on power tower this year.

There was a pair of Baltimore orioles that had a nest in a tree by the Soak City entrance. The female got brave and was peering right down at the line of people from an overhead branch.

I have discovered that if you walk slowly and talk to birds in a friendly low whisper, they will either fly away, or be cute and tilt their heads like they are listening to you. If you feel you are going to be attacked, stop, and don't look directly at them as you quickly walk by.

Angie, who loves all forms of nature and has gotten birds to eat from her hand

I just got back to the hotel after my first ever ride on Millennium Force. I rode in the front seas at about 9:00 PM. I was so pumped and the first hill was so amazing. The speed around the overbanked turn was awesome and the ride was just great until we got out of the first tunnel. Boom! Tons of little spikes hit my face. I disregarded it until we got to the bottom of the first cammelback and I was hit again. The little needles hurt so bad I had to close my eyes. I thought it was water for a couple seconds when I was wiping stuff off my face. I finally realized these needles were bugs. The turn around over the line was even swarmed with bugs. We rolled back into the unload station and the women next to me was covered. Her white sweater had tons of bugs on it and I could just imagine what my face looked like because she had hers covered.

Well I just got out of the shower and I washed tons of bugs off my face and hair. It was an amazing ride but the after effects kinda sucked. Anyone else have this experience at Cedar Point?

heck yea thats happened to the last time i went to Kings Island i was riding The Beast the same thing happens my friend said he thought one had went in his mouth because his mouth swelled up big time right after

I actually think the bugs were way worse last year than this year. Last year, on one particular MF ride, my cousin's and my arms were both covered with bugs to the point where you could barely see skin. This year there is a lot less bugs, at least it seems that way to me. I don't really care about them, I think it makes the ride experience better. ;)

I always tell people: If you don't like bugs, don't go to CP in the early summer (mayflies like whoa!), or ride MF at night in the front seat. But people will do it, because CP is well worth the trip and people like me will hardly complain of bugs after riding their excellent selection of amazing, majestic coasters..

Bugs on a lake, especially mosquitoes, are a fact of life. Bring bug spray and/or be prepared to eat some.. those mayflies have a funky taste, so drink plenty of water. ;)

The very first time I went to Cedar Point the mayflies where EVERYWHERE the sides of all the buildings were covered in them, and you would get hit by tons of them while riding rides. But like Angie said, a few bugs to the face are well worth it to be at CP!

Oh and Interpreter, I had a similar experience with a seagull at Cedar Point last year. Only mine was going up the hill on Millenium Force. A seagull flew overhead then....splat...I had it all over my arm lol. I was kind of mad at first, but then I realised how hilarious it was and proceeded to crack up laughing through the entire ride. lol.

I remember last year at KI, during the cicada outbreak, i rode flight deck only to find piles of the dead bugs on the floor of the cars. It was actually kind of funny and disturbing at the same time going up the lift, the cicadas were flying everywhere and they were very loud, but you could also hear people shouting and saying that they were sticking to them. It is also kinda painfull having a big cicada hit you in the face while riding.