Ride Replacement

PKIwarrior11

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where?  Only on Thrills, Chills, and Spills TV show on discovery last year.  Everyone goes on and votes for their favorite wood and steel for the year.  Son of Beast was #2 and Beast was #1.

Discovery poll

According to the Disovery poll at their website the #1 wood is Beast and #2 is Thunderbolt at Kennywood. SoB is listed but it has less than 1% of the votes.

Coaster Choice 2003

Even at coasterbuzz.com (who won the Golden ticket for best park website) SoB only received 14.1% of the votes behind The Beast, Ghostrider. and Shivering Timbers. And in 2002 SoB was not ranked.

Edited by browntggrr

I would take Euro-Bungee out of Coney Mall and replace it with a Ferris Wheel.

And as far as replacing a PKI coaster with a coaster from elsewhere....I'd remove Vortex and replace it with AeroSmith's Rockin Roller Coaster from Disney MGM Studios in Florida.

And as far as replacing a PKI coaster with a coaster from elsewhere....I'd remove Vortex and replace it with AeroSmith's Rockin Roller Coaster from Disney MGM Studios in Florida.

That'd be cool, but we have Flight of Fear and those two are basically the same concept. I'd take out Vortex and replace it with a B&M Inverted. They could change the landscaping so it could be like Nemesis at Alton Towers. That is one sweet ride!

Don't look for the King Cobra to comeback to life in the park. There is room for another coaster next to Flight of Fear behind The Racer. I would like to see another Ferris Wheel in the park again but don't think that will happen for a long time. Why would any park give up a ride to PKI?

?? The Rockin Rollercoaster is FoF clone.

• 2 weeks later...
ok, i'd get rid of topgun. i like it but it just doesn't compare to the others. i'd replace it with chang at SFKK.

I'm with the guy that said take out top gun and put in chang, a steel standing coaster with a somewhat large drop, also, anyone rode the hulk at universal orlando, now that's a ride. biggrin.gif

Although I think it's a decent coaster, I would get rid of Vortex. Every park has this type of Arrow looper. It's a bit dated. I would replace it with Raging Bull from SFGam. That is the only coaster that has impressed me everytime I've ridden it.

And as for those people suggesting the removal of SOB...What is wrong with you? Not only is it the tallest and only looping woodie in the world, what other coaster hits you with a little thrill right out of the station before you even start up the lift hill? Yeah, it can be a little rough and shake you up sometimes, but any coaster can do that. It's a visually stunning coaster that delivers a good ride.

I still don't get the idea of other parks giving up there coasters like Raging Bull from SFGam. Yes I have heard the rumors that Vortex was coming out durning the 2002 season but it is still running better than ever. For once I would like to see Kings Island take nothing out and just fix up the park and ad a ride in a area that is open with nothing in it.

OhiocoasteR's Improved Paramount's Kings Island:

by OhiocoasteR

Take Out:

Delerium

Add:

King Cobra

Why:

Delerium's good and all, but it's nothing special. I mean, there's one at the Ohio State Fair, Six Flags St. Louis, etc, which are all special in they're own little way, but not special enough to make a new one in the vincinity of another one. Plus, King Cobra was one of my favorites. This isn't realistic, because King Cobra got taken down for maitenance reasons. It's just what I'd do.

Take Out:

Top Gun

Add:

The Bat

Why:

From what I've heard and seen, and done a recreation in RCT, The Bat was awesome. Once again, not realistic because of structural problems, but it's what I'd do with no limits. Top Gun, it's so short, and the layout is just ok.

Take Out:

Face/Off

Add:

Shaft of Terror (Gold Reef City)

Why:

The only way I'd add shaft of terror is if it still had the lap bars on it. Otherwise, I believe I can sum up the why category with just one picture: http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/gold-reef-city/...-of-terror3.jpg That picture, and the fact that Face/Off is a Vekoma... ew.

Take Out:

Drop Zone

Add:

Mr. Freeze (Six Flags St. Louis)

Why:

Yeah, Drop Zone holds a record. Yeah, it's scary. But it doesn't have variety. Oh, we're being lifted up.. and we're dropping! Wow, that was unique! Get my point? Anyways, When I rode Mr. Freeze... Wow. Premier makes even awesomer rides that Flight of Fear. Mr. Freeze is one of them. Here's a picture. http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/six-flags-st-lo.../mr-freeze2.jpg

Take Out:

Adventure Express

Add:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)

Why:

You want the mine ride experience? You can go to SFSTL, SFoG, CP, PKI, SFGAm, pretty much any park in the area has a mine ride. You want the REAL mine ride experience? Go to Disney. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has the BEST theming of any mine train, period. And it's a pretty cool ride. Here's a picture: http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/walt-disney-wor...n-railroad1.jpg

Take Out:

Rugrat's Runaway Reptar

Add:

Montaña Suiza (Monte Igueldo)

Why:

RRR is a Vekoma. Ew. And Montaña Suiza is the first steel coaster ever. Argue with me if you like, that Matterhorn was the first, but this one tops it by a few decades, in 1928. It's not a very big, fast ride, but the peacefulness and the nostilagic purposes make it worth while. And who could hate a coaster with stone supports? Seriously. http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/monte-igueldo/m...tana-suiza6.jpg And to add onto that, they're near the same length, they have almost the same ride time, but one will be rough in a few years.

Take Out:

Beastie

Add:

Starliner (Miracle Strip Amusement Park)

Why:

You like the tunnel? Me too. You like the clone value? The Beastie is just a mirrored image of the Sea Dragon in Wyandot Lake. Besides, if you like the John Allen effect (Sea Dragon was his first coaster), then you'll love Star Liner. Panama City Beach. Picture: http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/miracle-strip-a.../starliner1.jpg . Out and back? Oh yeah.

Take Out:

Vortex

Add:

Dragon Khan (Universal Port Adventura)

Why:

Kings Island lacks a B&M. Badly. They're really missing out on the smoothness and crazy layout of the coasters they make. Dragon Khan is no exception, it held (well, co held) the record for inversions with 8 until Collosus was built in Thorpe Park... which has 10! inversions. But it lacks height and has repetivity. You need a picture? This should take care of it. http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/universal-studi...ragon-khan1.jpg

Take Out:

Racer

Add:

Grand National (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

Why:

The Beach has one of the greatest racing coasters ever, Grand National. First opening in 1935, the Grand National is one of only four Moebius coasters left. What's Moebius you ask? You leave one station, and end up at the other. It's cool. Here's a picture. http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/blackpool-pleas...d-national3.jpg

Take Out:

Top Cat's Taxi Jam

Add:

Leap the Dips (Lakemont Park)

Why:

It'll never happen, ever, but it'd be cool to have the oldest coaster in the world at PKI, as well as remove a shelf model kiddie. It's like a dream come true. Picture: http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/lakemont-park/l...-the-dips10.jpg

Take Out:

Scooby's Ghoster Coaster

Add:

Pteranodon Flyers (Islands of Adventure)

Why:

Eh, I dunno. PF looks more fun. You know, with the theming and all. Picture: http://www.rcdb.com/picmax/universal-studi...don-flyers2.jpg

Rides Left Alone:

Flight of Fear

Beast

Son of Beast

There you have it, my improved PKI.

King Cobra

Why:

Delerium's good and all, but it's nothing special. I mean, there's one at the Ohio State Fair, Six Flags St. Louis, etc, which are all special in they're own little way, but not special enough to make a new one in the vincinity of another one. Plus, King Cobra was one of my favorites. This isn't realistic, because King Cobra got taken down for maitenance reasons. It's just what I'd do.

You're saying Delirium isn't unique, well neither was King Cobra. There are clones of KC at PKD and PCW. At least Delirium is the first GIANT Frisbee.

King Cobra

Why:

Delerium's good and all, but it's nothing special.  I mean, there's one at the Ohio State Fair, Six Flags St. Louis, etc, which are all special in they're own little way, but not special enough to make a new one in the vincinity of another one.  Plus, King Cobra was one of my favorites.  This isn't realistic, because King Cobra got taken down for maitenance reasons.  It's just what I'd do.

You're saying Delirium isn't unique, well neither was King Cobra. There are clones of KC at PKD and PCW. At least Delirium is the first GIANT Frisbee.

King Cobra was the first ever stand up coaster. And Delerium.. it's ok. It's just too similar to things I've ridden other places. Though it does score bonus for being a Huss laugh.gif

If you could remove any roller coaster from PKI which one would it be? Also if you had to replace your removed coaster with a roller coaster from a different park which coaster would you pick?

If you look at the first post, this isn't a realistic idea or suggestion of what the park should do, it's just what, in people's opinions, would make it better.

I would say to take out the Paramount Action Theatre because really it is not a good simulator at all compared to some of the things they're doing at Universal Studios or DisneyWorld. Nothing spoils the effect of a simulator like looking around and seeing everyone's seat next to you. I would take it out, get the rights to Back to the Future, and put a Back to the Future simulator in there from Universal Studios. I know they don't have the rights, but this is my dream, darnnit!

Also, take out Face/Off and put in the Raptor from Cedar Point. And Congo Falls and put in Snake River Falls from Cedar Point. Or you could replace Top Gun with the Raptor. But don't touch FOF!!! That ride is da bomb!! laugh.gif

Top Gun is a good ride. I dont know why everyone wants it taken out? You can walk on it ANYTIME. Yes, its short. But while it lasts, it also provides a good ride. Plus the OTSR smell good. Unlike Face/Off (they stink). They wouldnt take out Top Gun though. Otherwise, they wouldnt have bothers painting it silver.

Every mechanical ride at Kings Island has an "expiration date" in its maintainance contract for wear and replacement parts. Wild Thornberrys is a perfect example. The contract was for 13 years. It was first built at Coney Island in 1969 and the contract was up in 1982. Since replacement parts were still available from Arrow, until their bankruptcy a couple of years ago, the original ride was maintained until PKI had the ride rehabed from fiberglass to aluminum by a local company and "viola", a new ride. Expect to see more replacements of Arrow coasters and rides as their contract times expire.

?? The Rockin Rollercoaster is FoF clone.

Rockin Rollercoaster in my own opinion is way better than FOF...besides i dont look at rockin rollercoaster as a clone to fof

Edited by Scooby_Doo