SFKK Thread

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

I know some of you think I talk about this park way to much but I want to hear what some of you think of the park and what could happen to it in the near future with Mile High Falls and Twisted Twins closed and on the chopping block. What do you guys think?

Well, based on the visit we just took on Monday, I'd hate to see the park go. I think I could see Six Flags selling it as I doubt it's very profitable for them. It was not very busy, and I noticed that all the food stands and gift shops were empty. However, it did seem to have a good local draw. I noticed that several people had actually ridden their bikes there, which is something I've never seen at a park before (they even have a bike rack out front), so that's a big sign that it's popular with the people near the park.

On the flip side of the idea of selling it, I could see them trying to restore and expand it. The park was nothing like I'd always heard and had been expecting (this is true of both my visits there this year) - the employees are VERY friendly (not quite on par with Holiday World, but definitely on par with Kings Island), the park is incredibly clean (better than KI), the ride ops were being efficient and enthusiastic, and it was overall a very pleasant park experience. The impression that I took away was that the park has turned around from everything I'd always heard in the past. Maye they're just trying to increase attendance to it and shake the bad reputation the park has, and when they do that, they'll be able to reopen a section of the park.

So, my final thoughts: I could see Six Flags either trying to recreate their local image and slightly expand or just 'restore' an area, or recreating their image so that they can sell the park for a decent price.

Guest rcfreak339
Well, based on the visit we just took on Monday, I'd hate to see the park go. I think I could see Six Flags selling it as I doubt it's very profitable for them. It was not very busy, and I noticed that all the food stands and gift shops were empty. However, it did seem to have a good local draw. I noticed that several people had actually ridden their bikes there, which is something I've never seen at a park before (they even have a bike rack out front), so that's a big sign that it's popular with the people near the park.

On the flip side of the idea of selling it, I could see them trying to restore and expand it. The park was nothing like I'd always heard and had been expecting (this is true of both my visits there this year) - the employees are VERY friendly (not quite on par with Holiday World, but definitely on par with Kings Island), the park is incredibly clean (better than KI), the ride ops were being efficient and enthusiastic, and it was overall a very pleasant park experience. The impression that I took away was that the park has turned around from everything I'd always heard in the past. Maye they're just trying to increase attendance to it and shake the bad reputation the park has, and when they do that, they'll be able to reopen a section of the park.

So, my final thoughts: I could see Six Flags either trying to recreate their local image and slightly expand or just 'restore' an area, or recreating their image so that they can sell the park for a decent price.

Actually SFKK by most sources is one of the last profitable SF parks believe it or not. Its one of the most under rated parks ever. Most of the people that give it crap have never been to the park. Glade to see you like it!

Cedar Fair would probably charge six dollars to park a bicycle and then would disclaim all responsibility for damage, fire or theft. Does Cedar Point have bicycle parking? Does Kings Island charge for motorcycle parking? I honestly do not know the answers to either of these...(and am off to work so don't have time to look right now..)

Holiday world has some bicycle parking too. I don't live to far from sfkk but have never road my bike.

But I have been thinking about taking an epic ride to Holiday world from Louisville (94 miles), ride all day one day, camp at Lake Rudolph that night, spend the next day at the world, camp then ride home the next day.

I wish Kings Island had a bike rack out front, the idea of hopping on my bike and riding up to Kings Island to ride roller coasters just tickles me to death!

When I worked there, Kings Island had a bike rack near the employee parking lot. I believe it was in the VIP parking section. Take a stroll on over there next time you're at the park and you may find it. :D

Guest rcfreak339

I thought Kings Island and Cedar Point had public bike racks? You would think Cedar Point would atleast since the entrance to the causeway is in a a area close to sub-divisions and a small town.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rcfreak339

Screamscape is reporting that the Hurricane Bay name may be coming back to the waterpark and it's a bad sign. Why is it a bad sign? Well they are also reporting that the waterpark might be expanded to the old Twisted Twins area which does not make any sense. There is no room and there would be dead ends near Thunder Run and Blizzard River. I hope SF doesn't make this move. It's nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rcfreak339

From screamscape:

Rumor - (8/17/09) While I’m not sure what exactly may be in store for SFKK in 2010… we’ve heard a rumor that the big waterpark expansion isn’t likely to happen until 2011, as part of the big Six Flags anniversary year. If the new rumor holds true, the expansion may be huge, possibly adding as many as 10 new attraction to the waterpark, including some kind of rumored new model attraction from Proslide that we haven’t seen yet. As you can imagine an expansion this size will need some space… and we’ve been told that the location may shock a few people when the time comes. "

Is this a good thing or a bad thing if it's true?

Guest rcfreak339

I actually don't know....I wouldn't be mad if they made it a waterpark only park. Yes I would be sad, but you know they way they are saying it on Screamsape is could be one of the best waterparks out there....Plus the park main revenue is from the waterpark.