Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order:

-The Beast

-Diamondback-

-Firehawk

-Space Mountain

-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

-Kraken

I know, I'm lacking. We don't get to go on vacation much, so I've only been to Kings Island, Seaworld Orlando, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot (the latter three I've only been to one time each) :( .

Oh, well, someday I'll go to more places.

I can and will only do my two favorite woodens and my favorite steel and my all time honorable mention...after that everything mooshes together and gets far too complicated! In no particular order:

Wood:

1 or 2.* The Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over...

2 or 1.* Tremors, Silverwood, Idaho

Steel:

Maverick, front seat ONLY, Cedar Point

Honorable Mention, and I have no idea where it fits, but it does:

Volcano: The Blast Coaster, Kings Dominion, Virginia

*Rank order depends on the day, and sometimes even the time of day you ask me

Here are my top coasters:

-Voyage

-Cornball Express

-Scooby Doo's Spooky Coaster

-Maverick

-Afterburn

-Kentucky Rumbler

-Diamondback

-Goliath (SFOG)

-Space Mountain

-Steel Hawg

-California Screamin'

-Thunderhead

-Raven

-Millennium Force

-Top Thrill Dragster

In the "Can't be touched" category:

Scooby Doo's Spooky Coaster - It's just an experience that can't be touched in my opinion. The ride, the theming, the place...it's just something that I will not forget.

Top 5:

1. THE Voyage: Completely blew me away, ejector air all over the course, and a smooth but out of control feeling. WOW.

2. Maverick - CP: It's just everything that I'd want from a coaster....and more!

3. Diamondback - KI: Enough said.

4. Goliath - SFOG: Just sooo many times I got that stomach in my throat feeling. And I LOVE that feeling!

5. Space Mountain - DL: Wow, I loved the experience! The ride and theming.

Close behind.

6. California Screamin': Very Similar to Maverick.

7. Cornball Express: Ejector air, crazy lay out, and buzzbars!

8. Kentucky Rumbler: Just an awesome wooden coaster.

9. Afterburn: Fanastic B&M invert, great forces, great elements.

10. Steel Hawg: One CRAZY coaster. Very NEW elements and feelings it gave me. It's something different, and I loved the hell out of this ride!

I would suspect because it's localle most of you have not travelled to New England.

That having been said, the best coaster in the US... by far... is Superman Ride Of Steel at Six Flags New England. It was a total surprise to me the first time I rode it, and has yet to be matched. It has every single element enthusiasts look for. It all just came together in this ride.

p1064.jpg

This year it was re-painted and heavily re-themed to Bizarro, which works quite well IMO. But no matter, the coaster is an absolute dream. It has been my #1 for nearly a decade now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYOoxyYgha0

A funny, and true, story. The first time I rode it, we plunged down the first drop. I was in the very back seat. Well, the guy in the very front seat had a baseball cap that flew off although it was turned backwards on his head. The cap flew backwards and my reflexes were quick enough that I reached up with my left hand, caught it, and I held onto it the whole ride. When we got back to the station, the gentleman was shocked to see I had his hat, The entire station erupted into applause! That, my friends, is a talent learned only by a seasoned coaster rider ;-)

If you ever consider travelling to the Northeast, plan a stop there, you won't regret it.

Shaggy

haha nice story.

the first time my dad rode SOB, he decided to wear his hat, and it flew off on the first hill. And, the same thing happened. A lady that was sitting near the back, caught it and gave it back to him in the station.

Having only been to KI...

#1-The Beast (At Night. Drops to #3 during daytime though.)

#2-Diamondback (#1 during daytime)

#3-Flight of Fear

#4-Red Racer

#5-Vortex

Now, I am pretty sure most of these except Beast & DB will fall out as I head for other parks.

I will probably update you then.

Terpy, who has been known to drive from Las Vegas to LA and back...just to ride Tatsu...once, and nothing else, when he had but a spare 14 hours during a business convention in Las Vegas

Yeah, but that is such a scenic drive with such amazing natural beauty all around you :lol:

ughh i love all of those places. Every time we go out to visit our california cousins, we have to pay at leat one visit to baja fresh and most definately in and out.

and terpy, i think i saw that greek restaraunt and wanted to go in. I love greek food!

matt who is now very very hungry