Big Bad Wolf closing

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this makes me more mad then sad. In the article they go on and on and on about how it is a guest favorite and everyone loves to ride it and whatnot. Well then, why are you removing it? "Reached the end of it's service." I'm sorry but that's BS. How old is Leap the Dips? 107 years old? I know it's for a new park addition and all but it is it really that hard to work around it? It's a unique coaster, there's only 6 others like it operating, and it's the best of it's kind. Is it really that hard to just stick with it? The idea of removing one of the most beloved coasters in the United States for a new addition just really sets me off.

Here's hoping they wake up and smell their own crap:

http://www.coastergallery.com/1999/SFGA31.html

Of the 5 adult coasters at BGW, BBW has been reported to have the lowest capacity and the highest maintenance costs. This is the reason it is being closed. What shocks me is the closure happening before the end of the season.

Hopefully they have something in the works that will be able to replace it for the 2010 season. If they do, they are much better about keeping secrets then CF.

The world’s first suspended roller coaster took coaster design to a new level when it opened in 1984.

Incorrect.

Obviously a maintenance issue... however BGW is losing one of only two "junior" coasters in the park. They need to replace it with something younger, and older, riders will look at and not think "no way."

Shaggy

The world’s first suspended roller coaster took coaster design to a new level when it opened in 1984.

Incorrect.

I was about to point this out too, but you beat me to it!

At least they announced that it's closing so people can ride one last time, unlike certain other situations in recent years that come to mind.

Anyone up for a roadtrip? ;):lol:

Not the kind of news I wanted to hear. I hoped it was nothing more than a viscious rumor. Guess not.

All I can say if they replace this with a ride it better be one heck of a ride. Not remove the Tiques and Eagles and put in BLSC and the basketball court. I hope they can do better.

I think this makes me more mad then sad. In the article they go on and on and on about how it is a guest favorite and everyone loves to ride it and whatnot. Well then, why are you removing it? "Reached the end of it's service." I'm sorry but that's BS. How old is Leap the Dips? 107 years old? I know it's for a new park addition and all but it is it really that hard to work around it? It's a unique coaster, there's only 6 others like it operating, and it's the best of it's kind. Is it really that hard to just stick with it? The idea of removing one of the most beloved coasters in the United States for a new addition just really sets me off.

It's progress Jackson and amusement parks are not immune to it. All parks are responding to the economy in different ways. The article does not discuss how much it costs to repair the coaster each year and to assume that the park does not know what they are doing is reckless.

There is a reason there are only 6 still operating and a reason there were only 10 built.

Also comparing Leap the Dips to BBW is a bad comparison. When a structure stands for that long, anyone attempting to demolish it must fight historical societies.

Once again, this is progress on BG's part. (Especially with what will be opening just miles away at KD, expect something big) I think it's time for people to realize that the park will do what's best for the park.

Historical Societies: An engineer's worst nightmare

Thankfully I have to BGW er, BGE, and I am glad to say I have gotten a chance to, "Fly at the speed of FRIGHT!" I really cannot believe this, it makes me sad to see such a coaster classic go. I never got a chance to ride Darchen Fire but I did get to ride the Big Bad Wolf. Hopefully they will replace it with something that really adds something to the park. I don't know though if you can add something to replace losing the Big Bad Wolf though. RIP Big Bad Wolf, truly a BEAST, among coaster legends.

You don't get it. When you get an idea of how much it cost to maintain these things, then you can complain about it being BS.

This Sucks, I was really looking forward to riding this Next Year, but now I won't get to... I Don't see why they're removing it. It doesn't Close Til' September, And it'll Take A while to Remove. I bet Something Dumb will Replace it like too. I'm really mad at Busch now, Even if it was Replaced with Some Amazing Coaster to compete with KD's Giga, I'll still be upset they removed a Classic Arrow...

Guest rcfreak339

I will hate to see Big Bad Wolf go, I never rode it but I have movies a books that have it's pictures plastered over each page and I really imagined riding it one day....

This is so sad! Yet another Arrow Suspended coaster going away. This coaster was so great. Back seat on that last plunge down to the water was so great. This will be missed so much. Arrow is one of my favorite manufacturers, this is some sad news.

I was planning on going to Busch and Dominion in two weeks, and now I am very happy that I will get to go and ride BBW one last time. The last time I was there I got to ride Drachen Fire, so its been a couple years. I can only hope the attraction (hopefully a coaster) that replaces it can use the terrain and ravine like BBW.

Its incredibly sad news, that coaster holds a lot of personal significance for myself and my family, it also is in my opinion not only the best suspended ever built but the best night time steel coaster ever too.

Heres hoping they know what they are doing, because that park is removing a coaster with a 42" height limit, and if a B&M flyer takes its place it will have a 54" height limit, making 4 out of the 6 coasters off limits to people under 54" tall, not something smart for a family park like BGW to do if you ask me.

Also, I know own a shirt (Fear the Four) that has not one but two extinct coasters on it.

^ Manta is at Seaworld Orlando not Busch Gardens Africa. However, it would be cool to have 4 different types of B&M there. I think another cool addition would be a B&M looper, remake Drachen Fire the way it was meant to be. (designed by B&M, built by Arrow)

just watched the POV on youtube and seems like Big Bad Wolf kicks Flight Decks butt

I just watched the POV too and it does kick Flight decks butt but I love how Flight deck comes off the chain lift the view of Great wolf Lodge is great and I like how high you are up and nothing under you except the floor of the train.