How often do Evacs happen on rollercoasters?

jondrewfoo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is why I am not a big fan of Drop Tower but ride it anyway I take the risk that it will break down and sometimes it has but never have they had to evac but when it is broke and they fix it they dont tell you there going to drop you they just do it it gave my 7 year old cousion (when she was 7 now shes 10) a really big scare I just laughed and high fived the ride ops.

While at KD on saturday there was an evac on anaconda's lift.....funny thing is they only took people off on the front rows of cars 2 & 3 but let everyone else stay on & one of the maintenance staff actually got in the seat they'd just unloaded & simply rode the coaster for whatever reason.

here is my most memorable moment getting stuck on something:

on july 14, 2009 i got stuck on the silver monorail at disney for about half an hour, we got stuck where the track starts to bank and turn to the right going from the station at magic kingdom to the contemporary hotel. we were told by the driver that it was because one of the drive motors that turn the wheels blew (i figured it was because he had crossed into the 200 ft. "cushon" between trains.), we were unable to pull up the hill leading to the contemporary hotel, so we had to set and wait (of course what can we do 20ft in the air riding on a high voltage rail) for the other monorails to reverse so they were a safe distance away so our monorail could attempt to back up into the station at the magic kingdom. while we waited to go in reverse the monorail drive tried again to get the monorail to climb up the not steeply banked climb to the contemporary, but this time he gunned the train and we didn't go forward, but insted we got to listen to the wonderful sound of tires skreching on a concreate track. after all of the monorails had gotten the safe distance away, we started to back up, and even though we were going downhill, we almost didn't make it, the monorail moved so slow that i didn't think that there was any way that we were going to make it all the way back to the station, but we did and in all honesty i didn't think disney cared at all that they had just stranded *insert number of people stuck on monorail* for half an hour, and were actually very rude to my grandma when she jokingly asked, "where do we pick up our free micky shirts".

does anyone remember the county fair rides that were just a train that ran in one giant loop? i got evacted from one of those in the late eighties. we were stuck at the top upside down for 30 min until they called the CFD and had a ladder truck come get us out one by one. they released the restraints and we all had to sit on the roof of the ride until the ladder got to us. Very freaky for a 10 year old.

how exactly does the evac on the Firehawk work? seems like that would be a tricky ride to do an evac on.

it was on the lifthill. they had a maintenance team, releasing the restraints car by car. once a whole row was done, they would send down a maintenance guy in front and one behind the group. thats about it. this, of course does take a serious amount of time. probably like 20-30 mins total.

My most memerible is being evaced off DB on my freind first ride on it. He will never ride that again.

Wow. Come on. STOP LIEING! Your not cool for lieing. No body thinks your cool for saying all this stuff when EVERYONE knows you haven't!

How do you know he is lieing? You don't. He has rode it almost 400 times so I do believe he is telling the truth.