Firehawk

KI FANATIC 37

The problem with the line for Firehawk is that it's too hot. When the sun is beating down on you it's miserable.

Pick a cloudy day to go then.

What a great solution. <_<

Cloudy skies will keep the quests away.

(Bolded for emphasis.)

Good. Wouldn't want any questing going on, would we. :P

Back to the topic at hand,

I'd also add that we should be VERY thankful that Firehawk isn't right at the front of the park (and the first coaster you see entering the front gates) like Nighthawk is. Vekoma flying coasters lines move very slowly, but I guess that's to be expected when you're dealing with those types of restraints.

Sure, we don't have a Flying Dutchman at the front of the park- we've just got a Vekoma Invertigo up there that I'd wager a guess as having even worse capacity. (Can't seem to find cold, hard facts to back this up, so take it with a grain of salt; anybody know of a pph for Invertigo?) I don't mean to smash your point; I'm just sayin'. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also add that we should be VERY thankful that Firehawk isn't right at the front of the park (and the first coaster you see entering the front gates) like Nighthawk is. Vekoma flying coasters lines move very slowly, but I guess that's to be expected when you're dealing with those types of restraints.

Sure, we don't have a Flying Dutchman at the front of the park- we've just got a Vekoma Invertigo up there that I'd wager a guess as having even worse capacity. (Can't seem to find cold, hard facts to back this up, so take it with a grain of salt; anybody know of a pph for Invertigo?) I don't mean to smash your point; I'm just sayin'. :)

If you took an informal poll of frequent KI visitors and asked them the following:

"You have 500 people in front of you. I'll give you $500 if you can make it off either Invertigo or Firehawk in an hour." Which one would they choose? Which one would you choose?

If you took an informal poll of frequent KI visitors and asked them the following:

"You have 500 people in front of you. I'll give you $500 if you can make it off either Invertigo or Firehawk in an hour." Which one would they choose? Which one would you choose?

I'd choose Invertigo.

According to KI's website, Invertigo has an hourly capacity of 850 and Firehawk has 400 per train.

Emphasis Added - Unfortunately, this is not where I'd go if I was looking for accurate information which is a shame because I'd really hoped that by now Cedar Fair would have upgraded it to be more like the Cedar Point website.

Specifically though, hourly capacity as listed on the KI website is a major FAIL! Examples:

- Firehawk: 2 trains = 800pph according to the website. @24 people per train = 1 train every 1.8 minutes. While this might be technically feasible, considering there are often 2 trains in the station and the ride is about 2.5 minutes long. FAIL

- Son of Beast: 1000pph according to the website. @24 people per train = 1 train every 1.4 minutes. Since the ride is about 3.0 minutes long and there are two trains, not even technically feasible. FAIL

- The Beast: 1200pph according to the website. @36 people per train = 1 train every 1.8 minutes. This may have been technically feasible with a previous blocking scheme (when the ride didn't take almost 5 minutes), but since there is always at least one train on the brake run/in the station. FAIL

I can't speak to the others rides as I've never timed them myself like I have these three. For reference, Diamondback would have to be at a train every 1.2 minutes to get to 1600pph.

We just got back from SFGAm and our first B&M flyers. Speaking only of the restraints, I much prefer the B&M style. On FH or Batwing at SFA when they lower you down the blood rushes to your head till your on the lift. While being dangled in the brake run is not the greatest felling, it did not give me a headache.

As to the ride itself S:UF had an incredible positive G-force loop that made you feel like you were a man of steel.

I would have to go with B&M over Vekoma when it comes to the flyers that I have ridden.

• 2 weeks later...
I know that Firehawk is a great ride to the park but they need to do something about the line, it is just ridiculous!!! Don't you think

Well if you have a better way of getting over 500 people on the ride each hour between two different stations without major construction that would close the ride, let me know. As an employee of the ride I can tell you that ya I hate it, but it works. The park didnt have much room back there and with what the had they did a fairly decent job and the dont want the que going under the ride cause then people waiting would get pelted by all the stuff people drop

for the line I would only suggest two things and they have been suggested before, put a bin or something in the station, for things such as flip flops or water bottles (stuff that is lost or stolen is not the end of the world, because keys or wallets and the like should be safe in the lockers) the second thing that I think should be added, only dreaming here, would be some sort of shade/mist maker. Sort of like the Coke zones but in the line. During the muggy hot days the line is very uncomfortable, I dont know why but it seems worse over there than in line for Vortex or beast. Could the white concrete have something to do with it versus the black top?

for the line I would only suggest two things and they have been suggested before, but a bin or something in the station, for things such as flip flops or water bottles (stuff that is lost or stolen is not the end of the world, because keys or wallets and the like should be safe in the lockers) the second thing that I think should be added, only dreaming here, would be some sort of shade/mist maker. Sort of like the Coke zones but in the line. During the muggy hot days the line is very uncomfortable, I dont know why but it seems worse over there than in line for Vortex or beast. Could the white concrete have something to do with it versus the black top?

I dont know what your talking about here, the line has misters and has since last year if i remember correctly

I agree with Terpy on Tatsu. Tatsu is my favorite flying coaster. However, I prefer Firehawk over SUF rides. For some reason I did not like Nighthawk as much as Firehawk. I also did not like the one train operation. I really liked the Borg theme previously.

^Wow, good insight there, Coaster Kid. Yet another worthless post.

As for flyers, I really want to ride Tatsu. But I've been on FH and S:UF at SFGAm, and I like Firehawk better. The pretzel loop is pretty much the only good part of Superman. After that it's just boring in my opinion. And I don't like how you're in the "laying-down" position on the lift. If that thing broke down for a long period of time, that would be pretty uncomfortable.

Guest rcfreak339
Yea

*Trying not to be a backseat mod* but yes Please don't post these random post's it seems like your just trying to increase your post count. Give thought and minor detail in your posts.

The corkscrews on the end of Nighthawk look very painful for some reason. I'm thankful Firehawk has the barrel rolls.

Though it has been reported by some that those lockers have a time limit (three hours wast the time I heard), indianapolisman and I used on Opening Day to store all of our Db things, and never had a problem. I did get into it a couple of times to get my bp pills (yeah, me having high blood pressure, go figure lol) and my clear glasses later for night ride eye protection, but there wast at least a 4 hour time span between openings and had no probs.