SRL Unusual Approach Today

KIfan1980

Yep, this is exactly how I would expect it to be done (and has been done).

Actually, my fear was that it was some sort of "test" to see if they could effectively fill trains without a Single Rider Line - if it was, it failed, but after my conversation with the supervisor I don't think it was.

Things don't go according to plan every time. Put in factors like:

-People switching rows

-People not entering the train when they're supposed to

-People waiting for friends in other rows; trying to ballance things out themselves

Here's what I always say. The single rider line NEVER has an estimated wait time. But the main line does. If using the single rider line is too much of a hassle for you; then use the main line. If the main line is too long for your taste, then go to a different ride or attraction.

Every line has an estimated wait - just because it doesn't have an "official" and therefore often inaccurate board at the entrance doesn't mean anything. I look at the length of the SRL when I'm sitting on the brake run or walking back from The Beast and make my choice. What was frustrating to me the other night was two things:

- The ride op was not following the standard approach to assigning seats that is used on the ride which caused a change in wait time

- The ride op was causing many of the behaviors that you point out (switching, not entering, waiting) because many groups don't understand the Single Rider approach and wouldn't pair up when paired up by the separator.

I use the SRL with my sister, but we dont plan on riding with each other, or ever do. but I dont like it when there is a group of 4+ people when they just could have waited in the regular line.

So it's ok for you because it's only you and your sister, but four people is too many? How about a group of three - are they allowed only on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday? Single Rider - NO groups.

^Every seat is filled? What?...

Yeah. I never see an empty seat on Firehawk.

Everytime I rode Firehawk last year I had a empty seat next time everytime because I always went with a group of three and I ALWAYS see empty seats on Firehawk.

Same with me but sometimes I find kids my age that are behind me and we ride together.

When I went to KI on 7/19, the ride op was counting DB in this same manner. I was in the single rider line, and I noticed a couple of trains go by with two seats open. The ride op also decided that she would start from the back and then work her way to row 1. People who were in front of the line kept asking to be put closer to the front because that is where they were expecting to sit.

- The ride op was causing many of the behaviors that you point out (switching, not entering, waiting) because many groups don't understand the Single Rider approach and wouldn't pair up when paired up by the separator.

This is the biggest issue going with the SRL. Many groups enter the SRL knowing only that that line is shorter than the main line. They can't understand why they have to be split up when the separator asks them to go to a specific row while the other members of their party are left behind in the SRL. This is the main reason why all of the behaviors that KI Man mentioned in an earlier post exist.

The solution to this is very simple...there needs to be signage at the front of the SRL near the entrance indicating that single riders, one at a time, will be paired with someone from the main line. I also realize that more aggressive signage (i.e., that single riders will in absolutely no circumstances be paired with one another) because they'd get a load of complaints over it at Guest Relations if two people were paired up from the SRL at once (namely, when there isn't a group of two in the main line ready to take two available seats immediately) and the separator won't let another group of two ride together from that line.

Really, when you boil it all down, the SRL requires a separator who will enforce the SRL guidelines without equivocation. You can have all the signage up in the world, but if the rules are not enforced then they may as well not exist.

Everything that has been said here, the stuff that people dont seem to understand,was all repeated over and over by the gal with microphone yesterday.

"Single rider line may be 5 minutes long, or 45 minutes, depends on the regular rider line. Single riders will be paired up with odd numbers of our main line. You can not pick your riding partner from the single rider line.

The most creative line jumper I saw yesterday, two kids in the single rider line. When the ride op turned to assign seats at the rear of the train, one of the kids slipped out and snuck up to the front. When the assigner went back to the front, there was one kid standing there, so she turned to his buddy in the SRL and sent him up there with the other single!!!

A group of 5 girls went into the SRL the other day and I heard one of them say " you and me are sitting here you to are sitting here and you can sit there with that one kid. That one kid turned out to be me. I told one of them that they cant chose there seats in the SRL then I should them the sigh that said Single Riders only no Groups. They got mad and told a ride op on me and she said I did nothing wrong. Which I didnt. After that the Ride op let me sit in row 16 with antother single rider that stayed in the Main Que.