Cedar Point Advice

My friend and I are going to Cedar Point for the first time ever July 31st through August 2nd. Does anyone have any advice for beating the heat out there? Do they do the free water thing like KI?

What rides are a must? What rides are a bust?

Oh and any CHEAP hotel recommendations?

It might not be that hot, the whole summer has been pretty cool. most places have free water.

Must Ride

Maverick

Millennium Force

Raptor

Magnum

Dragster

The other rides are not busts but those rides are the ones you make sure you ride more than once.

The hotels on point will most likely be over 100 per night, but you can take advantage of the ERT.

You get into the park an hour before they open (9 am) The rides are Maverick, Raptor, I think Millennium, and Iron Dragon?? Most hotels off point are at peak pricing right now also.

Also the food is very expensive and most places isnt very good. Famous Daves at the Marina gate outside the park is very good, and reasonable. If you have time try to go into the city and check out Chet and Matt's Pizza, its very good! Its off of 250 on Strub Rd. Hope this helps.

Beat the heat:

-If you have a PP then you can get into Soak City free, it has a fantastic Raging River (with waves)

-Go see a show (I suggest Got Country and Signed Sealed Delieverd)

-Stand in line for Disaster Transport (A/Ced)

-Get soaked on Snake River Falls and Thunder Canyon

-Yes they do the free water thing

Must rides:

-Magnum XL 200

-Millennium Force

-Raptor

-Top Thrill Dragster

-Gemini

-Blue Streak

-MaXair (longer ride cycle then Delirium)

-Skyhawk

-Cedar Downs

-Tilt a Whirl (quite simply the best one Ive ridden)

-Witches Wheel

-Calypso (Scramber on a 45 degree platform)

-Cedar Creek and Lake Erie Railroad (if you only do one leg, make sure its from Frontiertown to Funway station as thats where Boneville is)

-Starlight Experience

Busts:

-Mean Streak (ouch my back!)

-Disaster Transport (yawn)

-Scrambler (blink and the ride cycle is over)

Browns4life, I don't have to worry about ERT. I already get it with my PP (i'm assuming that means platinum pass?)

Touchdown, I am looking forward to the water park, especially the 21 and over section =] And the witches wheel, haven't ridden one of those since I was a little kid! Oh and of course all the coasters, haha.

What about power tower? I love rides like that.

Power Tower is great, probably should have added it to my must rides. Demon Drop is also fun.

As for a POA, since you have the PP I would I did this past Friday:

-Park in the Soak City lot, enter via the Resort Enterance at 9:00

-Ride Maverick (<5 min wait)

-Ride MF (15-25 min wait)

-Get in line for TTD and ride (15-30 min wait)

-From there go up the midway towards Magnum and Gemini, you should have walk ons on every ride here though noon. Then finish off Frontiertown (Skyhawk, CCMR, Mean Streak) and head to Soak City

-Do the front of the park in the late afternoon, the longer you wait to ride Raptor and Blue Streak the shorter thier waits will be

-Make sure you get at least one night ride on MF and Magnum, but be sure to sit in the back (bugs)

-Best rows on the coasters:

-TTD: Front Row

-Magnum: Back car, or 1-3 (aka the ejector seat)

-Gemini: Back car

-Mean Streak: As anterior as you can get to lessen the pain

-Maverick: Back Row

-MF: Any row is good (front is fun during the day) but I prefer the back

-Blue Streak: 2nd Row

-Raptor: Back Row

I have stayed at that Red Roof many times. I recommend it highly. I do not recommend that Microtel in Huron, though. There is a very busy railroad track right behind it. I should have suspected something when I found earplugs in a bowl on the dresser when I checked in. I have also stayed as far away as Clyde...or at the Comfort Inn in Huron, where Wanda is wonderful....

Last summer I stayed at Breakers Express, it is about 1 mile from park. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I went in the first of June and I had a package of room, 2 starlight tickets, 2 one day tickets, breakfast coupon for each day, parking pass (big savings) and Ert one hour early to park. Very reasonable priced packages. I think I payed 150.00 for my half. I can't remember though. The rides to do is ALL COASTERS, Max Air, Sky Hawk plus a must ride is Cedar Downs (I think thats the name) it is a merry-go-round on sterroids. Good luck, have fun and drive safely PLEASE.

P.S. everyone dogs Meanstreak, it is alot of fun from the back seat. The que line is amazing.

I have stayed at that Red Roof many times. I recommend it highly. I do not recommend that Microtel in Huron, though. There is a very busy railroad track right behind it. I should have suspected something when I found earplugs in a bowl on the dresser when I checked in. I have also stayed as far away as Clyde...or at the Comfort Inn in Huron, where Wanda is wonderful....

I remember the train tracks near by, but I don't remember them causing any sounds to keep me up, or cause me to not fall asleep. Maybe it's because we were up super early that morning to make the drive up north, then spent a very long hot day at Cedar Point, then crashed as soon as we got done eating Wendys lol. I was very sound asleep that night. In fact we ignored the alarm on accident, and slept in! Normally I'm wide awake when it comes to going to amusement parks really early

This thread will also help, AND includes my previous rant (yes, I was irritated) about that particular Microtel. I do recommend Microtel, but NOT that one. And they weren't the least bit nice about my complaints the next morning, either:

See especially post 9 here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=167179

Yep. But there is a Microtel almost within sight of that Comfort. The Comfort is great. The Microtel, which I normally like as a chain, is NOT. It has a railroad track right beside it. And a very, very busy track it is. They have a 72 HOUR cancellation policy. There were earplugs in the bowl on the desk. That should have been my first warning. At least 25 times during the night, a diesel locomotive appeared to blast its horn from under my bed! And they tried to MAKE me pay for a two night stay after the first night and pointed out they had provided ear plugs! You could even feel the bed vibrating as the trains went by.

I have had many pleasant experiences at that Comfort Inn in Huron. Under NO circumstances would I EVER stay at that Microtel in Huron again. Microtel should pull the franchise on that place unless and until they soundproof it.

This will also help:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...Huron++Microtel

See especially posts

Most hotels off point are at peak pricing right now also.

I'm sure the original poster probably already found something by now, but this point is important enough to repeat. If you're going to the Point here in the next few weeks, particularly Friday-Sunday, then please keep this in mind. The $70 (standard) hotel room rates mentioned earlier simply are not available right now anywhere near CP.

I spent hours (yes, plural) looking for decent hotel options in Sandusky. I only needed two rooms, but any room within a reasonable (<30 minute) drop from CP is going to run you $90 or up. We simply decided it would be worth it to upgrade to a room at the Kalahari and work it out that way. We would have paid $230 total with tax for anything halfway decent, so we figured that for $80 more we might as well get something that gave us some room to sprawl out a little.

^ Yeah, that is true. However, I would also say that many people who've responded to your topic have been up there, some on many occasions, and none thus far have recommended any rooms that might fit what you've described. I do hope that if you go that route that you find a good one!

I think i've found a middle of the road, its the budget inn that is 4 miles from the park, 90 bucks a night.. and my heart doesn't sink when i look at photos..

oh and gad, my problem is that i have to chose in between being able to afford eating.. or staying at a nicer hotel. (what i do for a rush)

^ Understood completely! You can't put a price on peace of mind, though, and believe me, the few $$ you may save in many circumstances just isn't worth it because of the hotel conditions. Have a great time up there and let us know how your trip goes!

This thread will also help, AND includes my previous rant (yes, I was irritated) about that particular Microtel. I do recommend Microtel, but NOT that one. And they weren't the least bit nice about my complaints the next morning, either:

See especially post 9 here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=167179

Yep. But there is a Microtel almost within sight of that Comfort. The Comfort is great. The Microtel, which I normally like as a chain, is NOT. It has a railroad track right beside it. And a very, very busy track it is. They have a 72 HOUR cancellation policy. There were earplugs in the bowl on the desk. That should have been my first warning. At least 25 times during the night, a diesel locomotive appeared to blast its horn from under my bed! And they tried to MAKE me pay for a two night stay after the first night and pointed out they had provided ear plugs! You could even feel the bed vibrating as the trains went by.

I have had many pleasant experiences at that Comfort Inn in Huron. Under NO circumstances would I EVER stay at that Microtel in Huron again. Microtel should pull the franchise on that place unless and until they soundproof it.

This will also help:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...Huron++Microtel

See especially posts

I stayed at this hotel last year, I didnt mind the train at all. It was the kid in the room above us stomping on the flloor until 3 or 4 am. We called the front desk multiple times with no resolution to the problem.