It's a Mid Summer's SCREAM!

A Note to First Time Users: Welcome to Kings Island Central! Please note that KICentral.com is in no way affiliated with Kings Island Amusement Park or the Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. All information provided on this site is intended for your entertainment and should not be treated as an official release of park information. For official information about the park calendar, operations or anything directly associated with policies of Kings Island or the Cedar Fair Entertainment company should be directed to Kings Island's official web site VisitKingsIsland.com or by calling the park at 1-800-288-0808.

The fine folks of the Great Ohio Coaster Club have graciously invited the members of KICentral to join them in their summer event entitled A Mid Summer's Scream at Kings Island on August 22nd!

The itinerary for the event is as follows:

(subject to change)

• 8:00 - 8:30 -- Registration
  • 8:30 - 9:00 -- ERT on Diamondback
  • 9:00 - 10:00 -- Early Access to Diamondback with Gold Pass Holders
  • TBA -- Behind the scenes tour of The Beast and the sign shop
  • 2:30 - 4:30 -- Soft Drink Service
  • 3:00 - 4:00 -- Picnic Grove Picnic
  • 10:00 -- Last Rides of the night on Diamondback

+++This event has surpassed its registration date.+++

We hope to see you at what will certainly be a fun and memorable event! Show your price in the first ever joint venture between KICentral and the Great Ohio Coaster Club by purchasing the official Mid Summer's Scream T-Shirt!

It was just over a year ago that the legendary Rick Wallenda set a new world record at Kings Island by doing an incredible high wire from the Eiffel Tower, past the front gate and back. This year, Kings Island does it again!

Nik Wallenda, a seventh generation member of the legendary Flying Wallendas, will bring high flying thrills to Kings Island once again on August 15th as he makes an incredible high wire walk from the parking lot to the Eiffel Tower - a distance of over 800'! This walk will be at an incredible height of 262' -- three times higher than the walk done by Rick Wallenda last year.

Nik Wallenda's death-defying walk will take place on August 15th at 7:00p and is included FREE with park admission!

What do Kings Island, Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm and Schlitterbahn all have in common? They're considered some of the most underrated parks by AOL Travel! "With over 360 acres, 80 attractions and a water park that's included in the price of admission, there's plenty of room to roam," stated the article written by some of AOL's top travel experts. To read the full article, click here.

Some would consider a night ride on Kings Island's legendary Beast or the new Diamondback roller coaster some of the most exciting and unpredictable experiences that a park goer could have. Kings Island is now open on July 25th and August 1st (both Saturdays) until midnight! Now you can enjoy all of the thrills that Kings Island offers late into the night! Click here to view Kings Island's official operating calendar!

Money's tight these days, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a a fun filled day at Kings Island! The park is offering some incredible deals on daily admission:

Single Day Sale - $32.99 (online only) - Save $16 off the gate admission by purchasing online!

Pay Once, Visit Twice - $48.99 - Double your fun with this unique ticketing option which allows you to purchase one day of admission at the regular gate price and visit again - at any time during the 2009 operating season!

Starlight Discount - $24.99 after 5:00pm - Visit after 5:00pm and save $24 off park admission!

Click here to purchase admission tickets from Kings Island's official web site!

Still not enough?

Save money in the park by eating Kings Island's Backyard BBQ! This all you can eat buffet offers the best value inside the park, serving up chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, unlimited soft drinks and ice cream treats! Backyard BBQ runs from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm every day the park is open to the public. Purchase online in advance on Kings Island's official web site!

Are you a creature of the night? Do you secretly enjoy instilling fear in those around you? If you answered yes to both questions then Kings Island wants to hear from you! This warm-blooded employer is looking for some cold-blooded employees to make Halloween Haunt 2009 the best one yet! If you think you can make the cut, tell Kings Island why by clicking here! We'll see you in the Fall!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well start a roster to see who else is going. Copy and paste this list into your post if you're going. Even though a lot of us know each other, we might as well put our real first names on here.

1. kjkjkj/ Kyle- Maybe going

2. Ashers/ Ashley- Maybe going

I don't know, I may go. I wish we had more than a few days to decide though.

Same here, but it's a nice opportunity provided by GOCC. I don't have my schedule yet, but I'll likely be in the park one way or another so...

3. HTCO (maybe)

4. dare-to-fly

3. HTCO (maybe)

4. dare-to-fly

5. Justin M17/ Justin

6. AgentSoB/ Tracy

Should be fun considering I'm going to CP the next day... I wouldn't miss it though. I'll be there and ready to finally take my first ride on Drop Tower.

Only 1 guest per person?..... Then I can't go! I have two kids!

I don't see that on the flier, come to think of it. I put it in via force of habit. I'll shoot them an email and get an official ruling on it.

Ryan

Just got word from GOCC. They're not limiting the guests. Please remember that anyone not a GOCC or KIC member must pay the non-member fee, though.

3. HTCO (maybe)

4. dare-to-fly

5. Justin M17/ Justin

6. AgentSoB/ Tracy

7. Andrew- should be going but not definite

8. Ogrmac / Makayla

9. Coaster Kid

10. mtl2013 (probably)

who knows could be at Halloween Haunt.

I would HIGHLY doubt that considering a good amount of ppl on this forum (including our admins) work at the park as Scaractors for Haunt ;) just sayin

3. HTCO (maybe)

4. dare-to-fly

5. Justin M17/ Justin

6. AgentSoB/ Tracy

7. Andrew- should be going but not definite

8. Ogrmac / Makayla

9. Coaster Kid

10. mtl2013 (probably)

11. StalkerChick/ Rachel (again will probably be there just not sure on the whole participating thing...

So I'm assuming check is the only way to pay for this?

Did anyone else buy the shirt yet?

I bought 2 one for me and one for my hubby :)

I also bought 10 of the Mid Summer Scream buttons for the Diamondback crew!!

Gonna be fun!

But will they have Bling?

Unfortuantly we will not be able to hit this one. Why are most all coaster events on Saturdays. :(

I can't take off 2 in a row and the weekend before is our big 5 park 4 day trip to PA/NJ

Did anyone else buy the shirt yet?

I bought 2 one for me and one for my hubby :)

I also bought 10 of the Mid Summer Scream buttons for the Diamondback crew!!

Gonna be fun!

But will they have Bling?

They just might! :)

The whole bling thing is a cowgirl thing. You should see all my horses' tack-we blind em in the show ring!!!

Sorry you wont be at this event-Im jealous of your PA/NJ trip-

have fun!!! :lol: