It's a Mid Summer's SCREAM!

Well, I was planning to go, but I realized last night that I had forgotten to submit my registration form, and didn't remember today until a few minutes ago. The only post office around here that's open right now is the Coryville branch (they're open til 3), but I still don't know if I could get it postmarked today even if I did get up there by 3.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
IMO, it doesn't look worth the money.

I'm going to have to agree with Zach here. You're pretty much paying for half an hour of extra ERT. I pack food and drinks in a cooler so I don't pay park prices either. I've already been on The Beast walkback and they barely took us past the first hill. The sign shop sounds interesting, but not enough to want to pay to see it. And I always get last rides on DB at 10 anyway.. where are all the benefits of this event?

I will weigh in on this one and please understand that I am talking in general and understand that many members have their own validated feelings of on this issue. Any KIC event that charges money creates a situation of affordability as many KIC members are students, head of household or can be out of work at the time. The members must decide is the offered event worth their disposable money they have available.

As far as "what is the benefit" of attending any KIC event to me is if the scheduled event works in my schedule then it is for two reasons 1. having fun with fellow members with special offerings and 2. Supporting KICentral.

Let me explain so far this year we as a group have been invited to two winter events which did not cost the members anything. Then in early May KI invited KICentral members to join in RWCW and again there was no charge. So surprisingly KIC was invited to participate in another event but this time for a charge of $18.00, the scheduled offers less than some of the other events but I figure after this event I will have only paid $18.00 total for four events. So as a whole I feel being a member of KICentral I have been treated very well to be treated to so many activities and to have only paid $18.00. I do understand that others may not be able to justify the cost for their own reasons. I will support KICentral at the Mid-Summer Scream Event so that when times comes for KICentral to ask to be invited to future events then KI knows KICentral members will show up.

Edit To Correct: in my original post I stated that the winter events did not cost anything but in fact the first scheduled one was at a charge of $6.00 so for everything that that has been offered the actual cost was $24.00 which I think most still can agree is a real bargain overall. The second event was to invite KICentral members to a unplanned construction tour, when the first construction tour was canceled due to to weather, KI offered that out of kindness. Thanks Standbyme for your polite PM to let me know about the Winter Blues event cost.

Edited by Avatar

I saw from my bank that my check cleared, but I have received no more information.....

It was around 4 days for email confirming registration. You might want to check your junk folder and see if it's in there. That is if you marked that you wanted to email confirm your registration.

As for going or not, I think you need to show your support when invited or you may not get invited in the future. I think a post back at the start was saying that the park didn't think enough would show for a KIC event. I could be wrong but thats the way it sounded to me.

As for going or not, I think you need to show your support when invited or you may not get invited in the future.

I agree with what you are saying...and I have held my tongue this long...but I might as well say that the reason I finally chose not to go was NOT because of the scheduled events or the cost...I thought the price was great, and I ALWAYS enjoy the sign shop tour...I chose not to go due to the fact that it does not appear that it is going to be much of an actual KIC event. I could live with just being mixed in with another group of enthusiasts, what I couldn't live was the appearingly complete lack of enthusiam on the part of the mods...the way I looked at it, if they are not that excited why should I be. I hope this is not considered to actually be the "Fourthcoming" because I would hate to say I missed an official event.

I know that people have been complaining about people complaining...so I am sorry if this offends anyone.

This whole subject has had me pondering recently about something we as enthusiasts could possibly do. If you will note a recent post, we are now over 4,500 members on this site. Why dont we collectively approach KI with the proposal of a closed, private event? An "Enthusiasts Day" of sorts. This could feasibly be done in one of two ways, now just hear me out on this. One way this could be done is to close the park to anyone but registered KIC member, and charge a $30 "food fee" which would get you a drink wristband, and two meals inside the park.... and add the stipulation of no re-entry. Figuring on 50% attendance, that is $67500. The second way would be simply to rent the park for a private event. Now, there is NO WAY it costs $67500 to rent the park for a day... so choice one would be the obvious one and I think the easiest for all involved. So, who thinks we can get 2,250 KICers to show up for a full day and night of being in the park with no one else but fellow enthusiasts who actually KNOW how to behave like civilized humans in a park?

That's a great idea IBEW_Sparky, but Dave is also right. Of that 4,500 members, there is probaly only 200, if that, that even post. Maybe if we invited more groups. Like KIE, GOCC, maybe even ACE. That would be more logical when it comes to money. Now I know people are going to think "Well then there is going to be A LOT more people, and there will be lines for EVERYTHING". Think about it. Have you ever been to the park when there was only 10,000 people there? The lines are SHORT. It would be perfect. Lets just say 5,000 people. Charge $30 per person and 10 for each guest they bring. Average one guest per person. That's $200,000. Now, I'm not sure how much it cost's to buy out the park, but I think $200,000 would do it. That would include(like IBEW_Sparky said): free drinks, a lunch and dinner meal at the Backyard-BBQ, and ice cream. Now that would be perfect!

Coaster Kid: That's not true. I'm sure some people would be talking about who posted what, and omg did you hear this?!?! I, for one, and along with a lot of the KIC'ers and ACE'rs, and whoever else comes would be riding, and talking about why they are all there. For the love of Amusement Parks and Thrill Rides.

That's a great idea IBEW_Sparky, but Dave is also right. Of that 4,500 members, there is probaly only 200, if that, that even post. Maybe if we invited more groups. Like KIE, GOCC, maybe even ACE. That would be more logical when it comes to money. Now I know people are going to think "Well then there is going to be A LOT more people, and there will be lines for EVERYTHING". Think about it. Have you ever been to the park when there was only 10,000 people there? The lines are SHORT. It would be perfect. Lets just say 5,000 people. Charge $30 per person and 10 for each guest they bring. Average one guest per person. That's $200,000. Now, I'm not sure how much it cost's to buy out the park, but I think $200,000 would do it. That would include(like IBEW_Sparky said): free drinks, a lunch and dinner meal at the Backyard-BBQ, and ice cream. Now that would be perfect!

Coaster Kid: That's not true. I'm sure some people would be talking about who posted what, and omg did you hear this?!?! I, for one, and along with a lot of the KIC'ers and ACE'rs, and whoever else comes would be riding, and talking about why they are all there. For the love of Amusement Parks and Thrill Rides.

Remember the park only sets aside a certain number of private days, nearly all of them in Sept on wknds..they make more money when it's open to the public. in order to close the park, you'd probably need mid 6 figures easily..when I worked at Disney we would close the park for private events and I know that to rent out the MK for a night back in 94 cost almost $500k. I think the RWW event was perfect for enthusiats like us and other groups--lots of ert (2.5 hrs on Diamondback alone was terrific!), lots of extra stuff like a scavenger hunt, q and a, etc..all for the low low price of free if u had a gold/plat pass! I had a blast, met tons of KIcers and thought the park did a great job. My guess is you'll have a hard time convincing passholders esp to fork over 30-50 for the ability to have short lines.

^^I agree with you. I just got back from Cedar Point yesterday afternoon. It was my first ever trip up there and got on everything I wanted to except for Maverick so that would be my first ride on a day like that. Hopefully I will be able to get another trip up there sometime and hopefully the waits aren't as bad as they were Wednesday.

I was thinking about attending this event but decided not to and its a good thing I did. I will still be at the park but I will actually be working as I just got hired into Food & Beverage. I've heard a few comments about Jukebox Diner on here but even if you don't like the food from there you should all come by and say "Hi" to me as that is where I was assigned to work. :)

Hey if I had a SoB shirt I would wear it. I wouldn't care what anybody else thought, I personally like the ride and would like it to stay.

Hope everybody that is attending the event next weekend has an awesome time. I've been to all 3 KIC events in the past 2 years and had a blast at all of them. Not to mention, as others have said also, even though there isn't alot planned for the people that are going, the backstage tours, ERT times, etc are not all what really make these events so enjoyable, its the chance of meeting new people, meeting other members of the KIC universe, and spending time with friends and family that really makes these events truly enjoyable.

I was thinking about attending this event but decided not to and its a good thing I did. I will still be at the park but I will actually be working as I just got hired into Food & Beverage. I've heard a few comments about Jukebox Diner on here but even if you don't like the food from there you should all come by and say "Hi" to me as that is where I was assigned to work. :)

As long as you don't take 30min to get a milkshake out. :)

Kidding.

As long as you don't take 30min to get a milkshake out. :)

Kidding.

Haha, I promise to do my best at taking orders and getting them out to you and everybody else as fast as I can

^^I agree with you. I just got back from Cedar Point yesterday afternoon. It was my first ever trip up there and got on everything I wanted to except for Maverick so that would be my first ride on a day like that. Hopefully I will be able to get another trip up there sometime and hopefully the waits aren't as bad as they were Wednesday.

Unless you really do attend a private event at Cedar Point, you probably will not get a "very" short line on Maverick. The shortest I have ever had on there is 45 minutes. But, the longest i have had is 4 hours. My opinion. Just wait it out. Or try and get there at the very beginning of the day adn run straight to it. haha

Unless you really do attend a private event at Cedar Point, you probably will not get a "very" short line on Maverick. The shortest I have ever had on there is 45 minutes. But, the longest i have had is 4 hours. My opinion. Just wait it out. Or try and get there at the very beginning of the day adn run straight to it. haha

My family and I actually did get to the park at 9 but since we dont have Platinum Passes and didnt stay at a resort, we were not able to get into the park until 10. Plus we actually decided to go to MF first but we were only able to walk while everyone else ran.

So what I did to save time was take my moms bag and run to the lockers outside of the MF entrance, only to find out that 1) Lockers are either $2 or $3 and 2) You could only use dollar coins and not quarters so by the time we got that done, MF already had a posted 1 3/4 hour wait but turned out to only be 45 minutes so wasn't bad.

Also, if I could get a 45-60 minute wait for Maverick I would be very happy but both times I went it was posted as a 2 hour wait and then the 3rd time it was closed for the night.

Hey if I had a SoB shirt I would wear it. I wouldn't care what anybody else thought, I personally like the ride and would like it to stay.

Lol. Especially when it's a station wait. It's amazing. :)

Heck yeah it is. There was nothing better than being able to ride SoB many times without waiting no more than 5-10 minutes each time. Plus I always thought a night ride on it was awesome as well, of course it didn't beat a Beast night ride or now a Diamondback night ride, it was still a good one in my opinion