Favorite Manufacturer

KI Kevin

There are many manufacturers, but only a few are regarded as the best ones in the industry. So, what are your favorites? They can be current or past manufacturers. They can have coasters and/ or flats.

This will probably be a head to head battle with B&M and Intamin, but some like Arrow and others.

I'd have to say B&M over the rest. I've only ridden 4 (Diamondback, Raptor, Chang, Mantis), but they've all been perfect from start to finish.

PS: I searched and couldn't find a thread like this. If there is one, delete this one.

I'm hoping that's all the choice people will want. Reply if there is another one.

Well fine I will play along.

Some of my favorites.

B&M - Many many many glass smooth creations that are just a notch above the rest.

Premier - Awesome launched coasters. Mr. Freeze, Batman and Robin, and The Mummy all come to mind.

Great Coasters International - I love a good woodie and GCI delivers every time. Thunderhead, Lightning Racer, Prowler, just to name a few.

Honorable mention.

Intamin - Numerous creations like the Giga and Accelarator coaster

Giovanola - They receive mention because of Titan at SFOT and also they were subcontractors for a lot of early Intamin work, especialy my favorite bob, Screamin Delta Demon.

I'm gonna have to say Intamin. They're innovative (as stated above) and Maverick is my favorite steel coaster. The ONLY reason I'm not saying B&M is because I can only think of two coasters off the top of my head by them that have no trims and no MCBR.

I will, however, say that Intamin is also my LEAST favorite manufacturer because their rides always seem to break down A LOT. YES, I know I'm weird. :wacko:

Besides Intamin, The Voyage COMPLETELY blew me away and I could ride The Legend all day long. Because of this, I have to say that I really like CCI and Gravity Group.

Terpy, just for you...

Thanks. I can never get enough of that coaster, and only wish I could have ridden it. And to think, at one time Kings Island had the plans, considered rebuilding it, but decided instead to build a modern looping wooden coaster. One can only wonder many things, from how faithful a modern rendition of that by all accounts splendid ride could have and would have been to who would have built it to how different Kings Island would have been today....

I usually don't like to mix steel and wood:

Steel: B&M without a doubt. I have been on 4 (Dominator, Raptor, Mantis, Diamondback) and 3 of them have been spectacular. Not only are they safe, reliable, easy to maintain, and have extremely high capacity, but they are also extremely fun. Butter smooth, brilliantly designed, they are re-ridable to the point where you could live on them. Someone mentioned them having MCBS and trims, and I must point out that trims can often be on the park's part, not the manufacturer. Raptor has 1 mcbs that barely grabs you at all, while Diamondback has a trim and a mcbs that are both very grabby.

Wood: GCI. They aren't the biggest, they aren't the baddest, they aren't the longest, but never fail in providing a smooth, fun ride throughout the course of the coaster. They keep the speed going and keep the turns coming, and they're compact design makes it even better. The Millennium Flyer trains are extremely comfortable, and the rides aren't hard to maintain. Very fun, enjoyable coasters. I wouldn't mind a GCI in Mason....

I wouldn't mind a GCI in Mason....

That's what I'm saying. I would rather have a more modern wooden coaster (GCI, Gravity Group, Intamin) than a B&M Invert. And by the way, haven't you been on more B&M's than 4, because you rode Hulk as coaster #50?

I voted for B&M. Having said that...

I am almost always more intrigued when a new Intamin creation comes out. I think Intamin rides usually are more thrilling. I just don't like the "will I go to park X and find this ride down?" routine. This reason alone is why I won't be at Kings Dominion opening day next year, because there's an excellent chance it'll be either down or simply not ready to be open to the public yet. I also won't even begin to rant on about Intamin's safety record.

B&M's are superbly engineered rides that deliver the goods. Many of their creations litter my top 10...DB, Behemoth, Montu, SheiKra, Tatsu, Afterburn. B&M coasters when running at full capacity move loads of people through an hour. The best capacity Intamin coaster I can think of is Millennium Force, and even then the capacity on most B&Ms is way better. I can't think of any B&M running at full capacity that averages less than 1000 pph, where there are a TON of Intamins that will never see that even on great days with great crews.

Intamin. They are so different, and so out there compared to B&M. B&M has rather boring layouts with the same elements found on almost all of their other coasters. Intamin changes it up and gives unique, fun rides. Look at Ispeed for example. You can not tell me that doesn't look more fun than any B&M. IMO.

I wouldn't mind a GCI in Mason....

That's what I'm saying. I would rather have a more modern wooden coaster (GCI, Gravity Group, Intamin) than a B&M Invert. And by the way, haven't you been on more B&M's than 4, because you rode Hulk as coaster #50?

Steel: B&M without a doubt. I have been on 4 (Dominator, Raptor, Mantis, Diamondback)

I thought you went to Universal?

... I have been on 4 (Dominator, Raptor, Mantis, Diamondback) ...

I thought you went to Universal? So actually you have ridden... 7 (Hulk, DDI, DDF)

Gah ok I give in, I rode 7 sorry I miscounted! :lol: