People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things

IndyGuy4KI

This goes along with the other thread Guests Say The Darnest Things, but for conversations you hear outside the park. I see this most with people who have not been to KI in 5 to 10 years.

I was out to eat the other day and the people behind me were talking to some teenagers about going to KI. One of the adults in their party was telling them that King Cobra is a great ride and they should ride it when they go, if they still had it. I happened to know one of the adults and so when I said hi, I told them I heard them talking about KI and that KC was no longer there. Of course, I spent the next 5 minutes talking about DB.

Share your stories on what you hear, if you were able to break into their conversation, and if you were able to help them know the correct information.

I hate when people ask me what Diamondback is like and ask me to compare it to a coaster. It is hard when you try to compare a coaster to someone that is not an enthusiast so you have to pick a well known coaster that in actuality is totally different. People always say "So it is like Millennium Force".... Really you cannot compare them.

And there is the classic, "I will not ride that Drop Zone ride cus the girl got her feet cut off on it."

Some people outside the park actually know that SOB is closed but then people I work with in the park tell guest that Beast is closed. -_- Sometimes I am able to correct them.

I am always stunned when people tell me they just got back from Kings Island and rode either Top Thrill Dragster or Magnum. And they are quite insistent they did. I usually ask them if they have been to Cedar Point...and nearly all of them say no. And yet THEY rode TTD or Magnum at Kings Island. How come I can never find those rides at Kings Island?

• Like 3

I am always stunned when people tell me they just got back from Kings Island and rode either Top Thrill Dragster or Magnum. And they are quite insistent they did. I usually ask them if they have been to Cedar Point...and nearly all of them say no. And yet THEY rode TTD or Magnum at Kings Island. How come I can never find those rides at Kings Island?

You just have to look very, very hard. Due north.

• Like 1

It never fails that when I'm wearing a KI shirt, someone either asks me what I thought of such and such ride or says "OMG I rode that and it was so scary!!"

I also get "have you ridden that yet?" quite often when I wear a Diamondback shirt. I usually have to fight to refrain from laughing hysterically if it's my First Rider shirt I'm wearing.

And amazingly, I've been asked many times when wearing a KI shirt whether I've been to Cedar Point. I'm a little befuddled by this phenomenon.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

• Like 1

My neighbor was going to KI with me and he asked "Ryan are you going to ride The Bat with me and King Cobra and Scrcemin Demon". I told him that those rides hae been goin for about 10 years but I did tell him we have DB and The Beast is still ther he was happy to ride The Beast.

• Like 1

This kid in line for Diamondback said he rode all the trains green and red. I said theirs a brown train too and he says .....no theirs not......I point to the brown train and he said oh they must of delivered that today and im like o goodness! and walked off :lol:

I'm pretty sure that goes in Guests say the Darnedest Things Topic. Oh wait. You posted the exact same thing in that thread.

Is someone trying to raise there post count? :)

Being in school, and not in the workplace, most of the people I deal with have not matured past the age of 10. So I get a lot of "Have you ridden that!?!?" questions (While wearing my first rider t-shirts or Beast t-shirts) and then either "Is it scary?!" or "Is it fun?" or both. Then they go into discussions about how they've ridden rides from Cedar Point without knowing they aren't at Kings Island.

Talking with friends and mention I work at Diamondback....

OMG! Have you ridden it?!!?!?

.......... :rolleyes: Funny how I get that in the park while I'm working, too!

The last time I talked to a certain park employee about their ride count on a certain coaster, they mentioned they had not been on it at all this season. Although this person does not work that ride, I am sure it does happen.

My neighbor was going to KI with me and he asked "Ryan are you going to ride The Bat with me and King Cobra and Scrcemin Demon". I told him that those rides hae been goin for about 10 years but I did tell him we have DB and The Beast is still ther he was happy to ride The Beast.

Try like almost 30. Well SD for about 30, The Bat for about 20, and KC for about 10.

Given that it was installed at Camden Park for the 1988 season, never missed a season from 1977 to 1999...I suspect you are mistaking its opening season for its closing season at Kings Island. Demon (and that was its name at the time) opened in 1977, in the sixth season of Kings Island. At Camden, it was known as Thunderbolt Express.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this belongs here...oops

So I was in Bob Evans Tuesday evening and a family came in and sat behind me. The father turned to his family and said I was at Kings Island Yesterday ( Monday ) when the diamond back was shut down.

Daughter - What happened

Father- Some guy got off the ride and had a heart attack and died right there next to the train.

Daughter- Wow, they are having a bad year.

Father- Yeah, you heard about that lady that got wacked in the back of the head on the SOB.. I heard they will be taking the loop out!!!

He died a short while after at the hospital. Wait a sec why did Firehawk open the day after and when SoB injured people they closed it for a long time.

Probably because he did not die on the ride and she was "hurt" on the ride,also probably because it would take longer to inspect SOB than it would Firehawk.