People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things

IndyGuy4KI

Today in Biology we filled out this paper asking about our hobbies and interests. I said I'm obsessed with roller coasters, and the teacher read it than started telling stories. He said that he was on "The Millennium" and he looked to his left and saw a "loopty loop ride fall apart." First of all, It's Millennium Force. Second, on the lift if you look left you'll see Perimeter Road and Sandusky Bay, not any rides. And I have no idea what "loopty loop ride" is supposed to be, a coaster maybe? Whatever it was, it didn't fall apart.

Than this guy next to me said loudly to the class "If any of you are scared of heights than go to Kings Island and ride "The Lora Croft" it's super tall." First of all, It's Crypt now, and when it was related to Lara Croft it was called Tomb Raider: The Ride not The Lora Croft. And Crypt isn't even tall, about 70ft. or so I believe. Than this same guy claimed that "The Drag Racer" at Cedar Point is now closed for good cause of a tragic incident two summers ago. Where do they think of this!?

• 4 weeks later...

There was that one Youtube video saying that Diamondback was sinking, so they were changing the name. First off, if its sinking, why would they only change the name. Second, how would it be sinking? Its only less than a year old. Finally, he said he had "proof" which said something like "2010DB" or something stupid like that.

I'm sorry but that just annoyed me so much.

EDIT: Oops. Missed the audio in the video. The Reptile Cage? REALLY? REALLY....? Wow.

^

Reptile Cage, lock yourself in! At least it's more creative than the names or slogans Cedar Fair gives it's rides! As Terpy said in an earlier post, I can't find...

// I think they should rename Drop Tower, Egg Drop.

Somebody told me that in 2006 Son of Beast's lift hill collapsed completely! :lol::lol:

That did happen during construction in 1999. Well, partway.

At School a few days ago:

Kid: You know Diamondback was supposed to have loops in it.

Me: Uh, no it wasn't

Kid: Yea, it was. You can see it in the model at the park.

Me: First, the model was sold last year, it is no longer at Kings Island. Second, the model was built as a very accurate representation of the ride, which, doesn't have any loops.

Kid, realizing he's dealing with someone who actually has an IQ over 100: Well, my dad works with the people who made Diamondback, and he said it was going to have a loop.

Me: Really? Where does he work?

Kid: ......New York(?)......

Me: Nope. Diamondback was designed by Bolliger and Mabillard in Mothey, Switzerland.

At that point the kid just kinda, gave up.

At School a few days ago:

Kid: You know Diamondback was supposed to have loops in it.

Me: Uh, no it wasn't

Kid: Yea, it was. You can see it in the model at the park.

Me: First, the model was sold last year, it is no longer at Kings Island. Second, the model was built as a very accurate representation of the ride, which, doesn't have any loops.

Kid, realizing he's dealing with someone who actually has an IQ over 100: Well, my dad works with the people who made Diamondback, and he said it was going to have a loop.

Me: Really? Where does he work?

Kid: ......New York(?)......

Me: Nope. Diamondback was designed by Bolliger and Mabillard in Mothey, Switzerland.

At that point the kid just kinda, gave up.

you go boy!! :D

^

Reptile Cage, lock yourself in! At least it's more creative than the names or slogans Cedar Fair gives it's rides! As Terpy said in an earlier post, I can't find...

// I think they should rename Drop Tower, Egg Drop.

Somebody told me that in 2006 Son of Beast's lift hill collapsed completely! :lol::lol:

That did happen during construction in 1999. Well, partway.

Actually it was only the helix that collapsed....

While on the Cedar Point/Lake Erie Railroad yesterday in the station in Frontier Trail, I overheard two employees joking about something about relish and ketchup.. and they were looking at Mean Streak. My curiosity got the best of me and I turned around and I had to ask them what the heck they were talking about.

The reply I got was:

"The trains are red, yellow and green.. ketchup, mustard, and relish! :)"

My aunt flipped out on me (in disbelief), when I told here that ki no longer has the antique cars.

Rotag, I am proud of you. Your gramor has gotten a lot better!

This coming from a guy who can't spell grammor.

I think you still mispelled grammer. :rolleyes:

I think you misspelled grammar, too. :rolleyes:

DOH!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Thanks for catching that for me. I think Skaterboy and I both need to learn to spell right. :unsure:

I remember back in 2002 when Tomb Raider:The Ride Opened some guy told me as I was leaving that TRTR was a coaster and went into four loops! :blink:

I also remember back when Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle Opened in 2003 ..my friends and I were in front of these two ''hilljacks'' and as we were coming off the ride they were mad because they didn't win any ''money'' or ''prizes'' for ''winning'' SDATHC. :huh::blink:...Stupid!