People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things

IndyGuy4KI

We are going on a class trip to KI Friday, I heard a kid say Diamondback was a crappy coaster because all it did was launch to 100mph then go up then back down. I think he was thinking of TTD...

• 2 weeks later...

no what i hate is when i hear people talking about Son of Beast and they are like " yea a couple of people died on that thing thats why its closed".

lol come on people for one if people died on any roller coaster do u thing the roller coaster would still be up? lol get ur facts straight.

no what i hate is when i hear people talking about Son of Beast and they are like " yea a couple of people died on that thing thats why its closed".

lol come on people for one if people died on any roller coaster do u thing the roller coaster would still be up? lol get ur facts straight.

Yes. People have died on many roller coasters that are still open today. We can start with Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure (which coaster has had more than one death, sad to say), move on to Shockwave at Kings Dominion, Raven at Holiday World, Roller Coaster at Lagoon, Timberwolf at Worlds of Fun, The Coney Island Cyclone, etc. Just because a roller coaster has a death does not necessarily mean the coaster caused it...nor that, even if it did, the coaster will close forever.

...or the person may not have even known they had such a condition. Of interest in that regard, look at New York City's defense in a Cyclone case:

A California musician who died days after riding the Cyclone should have known that riding the rickety 80-year-old Coney Island coaster is dangerous, the city says in new court papers....

In court papers filed yesterday in Manhattan Federal Court, city attorney Cynthia Goldman said Shirasawa should have known the risks involved.

"Any and all risks, hazards, defects and dangers to the extent alleged are of an open, obvious, apparent and inherent nature known and should have been known to [shirasawa]," Goldman wrote....

His attorney says three others suffered serious back injuries on the Cyclone in the weeks before Shirasawa died. Shirasawa attorney Marc Stadtmauer blames Shirasawa's injury on a brake that should have been replaced as well as an "antiquated" single position lap bar.

http://www.nydailyne...e_city_cla.html

My friend and I were watching POVs of King Cobra on YouTube. Of course here comes along the questions - he asks, "Where is that ride now?" I say taken down. "Why? I think another stand up coaster had people that fell out of it, so they had to close it down."

My response: "Ya, sure."

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.facebook.com/dorneypark#!/dorneypark?v=wall

Kyle Ryan is it true they have to take down Steel Force because its sinking or something??? thats what i heard

and a response of

Acer Bryan

Hmm that person got the rides wrong he means is the Top Thrill Dragster is sinking

Is every coaster "sinking". sigh.

Yes. People have died on many roller coasters that are still open today. We can start with Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure (which coaster has had more than one death, sad to say), move on to Shockwave at Kings Dominion, Raven at Holiday World, Roller Coaster at Lagoon, Timberwolf at Worlds of Fun, The Coney Island Cyclone, etc. Just because a roller coaster has a death does not necessarily mean the coaster caused it...nor that, even if it did, the coaster will close forever.

wow im shocked. i never knew that

Comments from youtube Son of Beast video:

"Wow she got hurt after Son of Beasts loop? I bet she wuld die on Firehawk and Vortex"

"They lied then this was open yesterday." (comment posted one month ago)

and my favorite

"This is why Ohio is the best state... And they took out a loop cause it fell off at the top."