People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things

IndyGuy4KI

I heard this on my vacation last week while in Cincinnati, and although it doesn't refer to Kings Island, I did end up hearing it outside of Kings Island :)

Overheard conversation on the phone:

"Yes, Stephanie is visiting for a week"

"She's visiting from Seattle"

Sigh, then "Yes.....where Twilight is from..."

I had to walk away after that, so as to prevent permanent brain damage from the facepalm that was surely coming.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Had to revive this thread. As I've discovered this quarter, everyone I know within my major (as well as several outside it) is convinced of three things pertaining to Kings Island:

1. Son of Beast has killed multitudes of riders.

2. Kings Island is still owned by Paramount (which, I'll grant you, is not something immediately noticeable if you don't follow the park to any degree, but I figured at least one person would be in the know after six years. Apparently not.)

3. Vortex was torn down last year.

Facepalming is abundant these days.

• Like 3

Had to revive this thread. As I've discovered this quarter, everyone I know within my major (as well as several outside it) is convinced of three things pertaining to Kings Island:

2. Kings Island is still owned by Paramount (which, I'll grant you, is not something immediately noticeable if you don't follow the park to any degree, but I figured at least one person would be in the know after six years. Apparently not.)

It is amazing what some people assume these days. With Google being so readily available, it should not be hard to look up any of those statements.

Unfortunately it seems not everyone is capable of using all the resources at their disposal. You'd be amazed how many people can find their way to the Newport Aquarium yet are incapable of researching the operating hours of the place...

I hate on Kings Island's Facebook when people post on their wall when they open for the season, and what the hours are. It is so much easier to type in the web address, and click on the page that says Hours, and see the hours. Are you really that lazy, people?

I hate on Kings Island's Facebook when people post on their wall when they open for the season, and what the hours are. It is so much easier to type in the web address, and click on the page that says Hours, and see the hours. Are you really that lazy, people?

I always smile when the person who runs the page comments "Operating hours are available on our website." or something similar, and the poster gets upset. I think it's a good answer!

Yes, they are. I work in the library at the college I attend. People will walk up to the circulation desk (where I sit) and ask me if we have a copy machine. I point out they walked right by it on their way to ask me and then they'll walk to it, look at it for about half a second, and ask, "How do you use it?" Really? You've never seen a copier before? If people are so lazy as to not even TRY to work a copier, they certainly are lazy enough not to do about 30 seconds worth of web research, lol.

I am amazed at how many people tell me #1 on your list.

• Like 1

^^ You wouldn't believe how many people at my school claimed that a chair from Wind-seeker flew off and landed in Diamondback's lake. At least thirty people claimed to see the chair fly off while at school! (I go to the Junior High right next to KI so thats how they "saw" it fly off.)

^^ You wouldn't believe how many people at my school claimed that a chair from Wind-seeker flew off and landed in Diamondback's lake. At least thirty people claimed to see the chair fly off while at school! (I go to the Junior High right next to KI so thats how they "saw" it fly off.)

How fast do they think WindSeeker spins those chairs? Secondly, how would they know it landed in the DB splashdown? I highly doubt they can see DB's splashdown from the school. Mythbusters would call this debunked in less than 30 seconds!

I have one that was just posted on the park's Facebook page about The Bat:
Didn't it get taken to Cedar Point as we know today as iron dragon?
Here's the link if you don't believe me: https://www.facebook...93938367&type=1 Where do people get their information from anyways? The Dippin' Dots guy? :blink:

I like the one where the FB user said they heard someone broke their neck on The Bat! Dang, I knew I hurt my neck someplace and now I know! The Bat caused my spine in my neck to go wacky that resulted in me have two cervical spinal fusion surgeries! Also the orbit of the sun was too close to the Earth which resulted in mine head being scorched from those nasty infra ray sun rays!

• 11 months later...