People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things

IndyGuy4KI

Yesterday I was laying by the pool and heard some 16-ish kids talking (and smoking) and heard them say that the tallest roller coaster in the world was at Cedar Point. That is understandable because it was at one point right? well they continued to say that it was 600 ft tall and went 250 mph!! lol then they started talking about the helicopter ride at ki and how they wanted to do that when they went there this summer b/c one of them did it last year and liked it! All I could do was laugh!

There's a helicopter ride at KI. It's in Planet Snoopy, and called "Woodstock's Whirlybirds"

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Yesterday I was laying by the pool and heard some 16-ish kids talking (and smoking) and heard them say that the tallest roller coaster in the world was at Cedar Point. That is understandable because it was at one point right? well they continued to say that it was 600 ft tall and went 250 mph!! lol then they started talking about the helicopter ride at ki and how they wanted to do that when they went there this summer b/c one of them did it last year and liked it! All I could do was laugh!

There's a helicopter ride at KI. It's in Planet Snoopy, and called "Woodstock's Whirlybirds"

There also used to be a real helicopter next to FOF that you could pay to ride and see the park from above. I always wanted to do it, but never did. I am not sure how many years that was there and what years?

• Like 3

There also used to be a real helicopter next to FOF that you could pay to ride and see the park from above. I always wanted to do it, but never did. I am not sure how many years that was there and what years?

4 People were killed on that, so they closed it down. BWAHAHAHA

It was only open for a few years. early 2000 maybe? I would presume it was not making money or enough money to keep it open. I don't know if that is why, just guessing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A guy on an enthusiast page on Facebook said that The Beast is not a terrain coaster, it's an out and back. I replied back with "How is The Beast NOT a terrain coaster? It was specifically designed to utilize the hills on the back of the park's property & for the majority of the ride, you're close to the ground (which is a common complaint of a lot of enthusiasts, but not this one!). To call it a simple out and back is utterly ridiculous with all of its turns. KI's Racer is an out and back, but The Beast certainly is not!"

He responded that that's how he views it because that is how he sees it, and tried to say that there's only a few sections that use the terrain but it's mostly "the ride structure with a hill here and there."

I decided to not argue any further with him, although so many responses came to mind. He clearly does not know the correct definitions of terrain coaster and out and back coaster. Luckily I had some personal friends back me up by posting a link to a picture of the layout from KIC and another who said that The Beast is the definition of a terrain coaster.

• Like 5

Yesterday, my Grandmother informed me that I can't work at Kings Island. Why, you may ask? Because I'm only 16. She said that the news interviewed someone from Kings Island, and they said you have to be 18, and have a "work permit" in order to work at the park. I then tried showing her that I am, in fact old enough to do certain jobs, and she continued to insist that I was wrong. Then again she also thought Dinosaurs Alive! was some type of coaster. (And she again, insisted that she was right after being shown proof that she was wrong.)

• Like 5

Anytime in HS you have to have a work permit, I was there it sucks

I wasn't aware of that. It's been a while since I've had to deal with work permits (10 years since I was in management at the park) and even longer since I needed one myself, so the laws may have changed since then. I tried to look it up online, but couldn't find anything about 18 year olds in high school needing work permits amongst all the legalese on the state's website. If I was in the right frame of mind I'd take more time to look through it, but it's the end of the work day and my brain is fried!