People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things

IndyGuy4KI

I have been told that they are no longer hiring minors for Rides. They will keep the minors who are existing but no new ones will be hired. This was on one of their FB post comments if you want to find it. (A comment the park made in response to someone else)

Well if they were hiring 16 year olds, and they are now only letting returning minors work rides, then in two seasons, we'll have only those 18 and up working rides.

Granted, I would rather ride something run by a 17 year old with experience on that ride than a newly-hired 18 year old.

• Like 1

It's always been that way though..For instance Lindz's crew has been an 18+ always..apparently you can dispatch a coaster and be 16 but only 18 for elevators..ah well

Which is interesting, because perhaps I'm alone, but one of the greatest thrills of early childhood was when your parents allowed you to press the button for the floor you want on the elevator.

Although, on the Eiffel Tower, they have to actually count people in order to ensure that it is not over capacity, whereas on a coaster, as long as it's no more than one person in a seat, it's automatically within the allowed capacity. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Granted, if a 16-year-old can't do basic counting, then I REALLY don't want them running any other rides either.

• Like 2

The Tower host has more guest interaction than most ride operators; I'd guess that's the main reason for it being 18+.

Also, in the event of a breakdown, the host would be the only representative with (trapped) passengers for a significant period of time.

• Like 2

And some who know the ride well may argue that it has no loops.

One of my pet peeves is the use of "loop" and "inversion" interchangeably. Though it is, admittedly, a sin I've been guilty of from time to time when describing coasters to non-enthusiasts. I think people would think I'm strange(r ) if I explained Banshee as having an Immelman, two loops, a zero-g roll, a batwing, and an in-line twist. I typically just tell them "it has seven loops". Generally, the non-enthusiast will get more out of the conversation that way.

EDIT: I just realized that I essentially just repeated malem in a wordier manner. Carry on then.

• Like 4

He insisted that it was only Six Flags and started talking about Goliath, which narrowed the choices down considerably.

It's story-telling like this that makes me glad that I read! (read a particular post or story.. don't read that as "reed")

The parking lot is built on Indian burial ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Well, there IS a cemetery at the edge of the parking lot. Not Native American though. (At least I don't think it is.)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure the Native American's are known for producing gravestones such as those.. especially Christian ones. (If I recall correctly)

And some who know the ride well may argue that it has no loops.

One of my pet peeves is the use of "loop" and "inversion" interchangeably. Though it is, admittedly, a sin I've been guilty of from time to time when describing coasters to non-enthusiasts. I think people would think I'm strange(r ) if I explained Banshee as having an Immelman, two loops, a zero-g roll, a batwing, and an in-line twist. I typically just tell them "it has seven loops". Generally, the non-enthusiast will get more out of the conversation that way.

EDIT: I just realized that I essentially just repeated malem in a wordier manner. Carry on then.

The first inversion is a dive loop.

• Like 2