Lost keys on Diamondback

WhoDeyForever

I was at Kings Island a few days ago and I lost my keys on Diamondback which included my car key so I had no ride home after losing them..What really disappointed me was that none of the staff really tried to look for them..Yes I know there are signs all over the park about not being responsible for lost articles..But seriously keys that are lost when I told them I had a pretty good idea where they had dropped..I was sitting by lost and found for about 2 hours after the park closed when they finally came up to me and said they had found nothing which meant they found NOTHING at all not even phones, keys, cameras or anything..I asked one of the ride ops how they go searching for stuff late at night and said they just walk around with no flashlights or anything..Didn't really make sense considering there are no lights around the back half of Diamondback..Just thought I would get some of your opinions on here.

I think it's park policy that they do not go on man hunts for lost items during operating hours. I've seen members of the Diamondback crew walking around with flashlights looking for items after close at night, so I think there was some sort of miscommunication there.

Lesson learned: secure all loose articles or they'll end up in the big plastic box with all of the other cell phones, flip flops, season passes, etc.

Love your handle...WhoDey4Life!

I've had change, etc. fall out of my pockets on DB sometimes, and not others. There's a lot of physics going on, and it must depend on angle, speed, etc.

I look like a dork I'm sure, but I've adopted the fanny pack. I keep all of my stuff in there and it really helps...losing my keys was my main fear. I figure function and security is the key, and as a 32 year old married man, I really don't need to be 'looking cool' for the teenie bopper girls anyway :lol:

Here's a helpful hint about car keys--i only take my ignition key into the park w th me and i put a safety pin to the inside of my shorts all the way at the bottom..i then slide the key in the pin and clip it to my shorts and presto--secure keys..ive ridden db tons and tons this season and have never had a prob.

Here's a helpful hint about car keys--i only take my ignition key into the park w th me and i put a safety pin to the inside of my shorts all the way at the bottom..i then slide the key in the pin and clip it to my shorts and presto--secure keys..ive ridden db tons and tons this season and have never had a prob.

I only take my ignition key as well, and also take a Ziploc baggie. This is so I can place my phone and wallet in there and ride water rides without it getting wet. I leave my car key in the Ziploc bag in a buttoned/zipped cargo shorts pocket. I also always add my phone to that bag when ridding DB.

I'm sorry to hear you lost them. I can see if you lost a cell phone or camera on the ride they wouldn't do much, but with key's they should search for them. I mean do they expect you to rent a locker to put a Key in, or put just 1 Key in the bin? How did you get home? Is your car still at Kings Island?

carabiner.jpg

Thanks for the idea! I'm using one of these mysterious new mechanisms next time I go to Kings Island Amusement Park, located in Ohio, which is located in the Universe.

Now, if they had one for change and money, or a holder for a wallet, my dad would be happy. He told be he lost about $20 (Somehow) on TR:TR.

This is why you SECURE ALL ITEMS on the ride or put them in the bins.

I've never lost anything on Diamondback the previous 20 times I have rode it so I thought some keys wouldn't be a problem.

Each one of my 200-some rides on Diamondback....I've had nothing in my pockets.

Nothing on your person = no worries. That's how you should ride Diamondback.

When I go to the park and I'm not wearing cargo shorts, I take my ignition key off of the keychain, pull one end of my shoestring out of the first hole, put the key on the shoestring, place the shoestring back through the hole and tie the shoe back up (the whole reason for pulling the shoestring out of the hole first is in case your shoe happens to some untied, it's less likely to some off... kind of a secondary safety feature! B)). This is an old trick I've used for years when I go kayaking, and I just recently adopted it for amusement parks as well.

I had my keys on a carabiner clip and The Crypt unclipped it and threw them to the floor.

Took about 2 hours to get them back.

I now have a pair of cargo shorts with zippered pockets.

Lets see that ride try to take them from me now.

I had my keys on a carabiner clip and The Crypt unclipped it and threw them to the floor.

Took about 2 hours to get them back.

I now have a pair of cargo shorts with zippered pockets.

Lets see that ride try to take them from me now.

Alright, that's the worst I've heard. They tell you eveything will get taken away! They have those pouches RIGHT infront of you!

That is exactly what I use and it works just fine. Just clip it on a belt loop and then I throw everything else I have in my zipper pocket. If you are looking for a pair of zipper pocket shorts I found TONS at Khols in many different colors and sizes.

carabiner.jpg

When I go to the park and I'm not wearing cargo shorts, I take my ignition key off of the keychain, pull one end of my shoestring out of the first hole, put the key on the shoestring, place the shoestring back through the hole and tie the shoe back up (the whole reason for pulling the shoestring out of the hole first is in case your shoe happens to some untied, it's less likely to some off... kind of a secondary safety feature! B)). This is an old trick I've used for years when I go kayaking, and I just recently adopted it for amusement parks as well.

That's a really good idea! I can't imagine anything would happen to the key then. I would put the door key on my shoe string instead of the ignition key, but that's just me. :lol: