Top Gun and Vortex

Rollercoast18

Hello, I was wondering what would happen if the harnesses came up on the lift hill on The Vortex and top gun. I have always wondered this because I have had a couple of rides on Vortex where the harness came up a couple of clicks during the ride (it really scared me and causes me to hesitate before going on the ride). It wouldn't bother me so much if it had the belt attached to it like tr:tr, drop zone, face/off, Delerium, and Reptar does. Would the ride stop on the lift hill, or during the ride, if the harnesses came up?

I am going to PKI for the first time this year on Wednesday (weather cooperating). This time last year I had attended at least 4 times. However, this year I had college, and the weather has been crappy. If any employees see a person with sun-burned hands(watched NHRA drag racing in Columbus on Sunday), that would be me.

It is almost impossible for the restraints on Vortex or Top Gun to open during the ride. ( I say "almost" because anything can happen, but the chances are so extremely small that you shouldn't even give it a second thought. ) The mechanism that opens the restraints is located in the station, and nowhere else along the course of the ride.

Due to the design of the restraints, it will raise or lower a couple of clicks during the ride. Someone else on here can explain it better than I can, but I believe that the restraints can get "stuck" in between clicks, and this is corrected during the ride. Nothing to worry about. smile.gif

Everywhere I have sat on Vortex, the restraint has popped up at least one notch on the drop. No big deal, I kinda like it. Scares people alot though and adds to the ride experience I think. The rides been open since the late 1980's and no one has fallen out since!

Arrow Sitdown Looper and a Arrow Suspeneded coaster.

The restaints may be stuck between one click and another and after you leave the mechinism in the station it pops into place. On top gun it doesn't happen since your suspened and the Restaint opener in on the bottom Vortex it happens just cause your between a click. A nogo strap would make the rides unrideable to many people. Vortex is a people mover and it would slow the operation down alot to have to check the belts.

On most arrows Cept X at SFMM your in a tub as well so your not going anywhere and I believe that X is the only Arrow with a nogo strap.

The ride can come up 1 click if its between clicks This is why PKI doesn't allow 1 click rides. Anywho all rides have redundant safetey systems in place on trains that will keep them down.