Kudos To Members of DB Crew

gad198

I just wanted to say a big "thank you" to all of the members of the Diamondback crew last night.

They were working on setting a capacity record, but "only" had 49 dispatches in an hour, one short of their record. They dispatched some trains so quickly that they were actually waiting for a train that just finished the course to come into the station for more than 15 seconds. Most dispatches were such that trains were just shy of the top of the lift hill before the other train hit the splashdown! The line moved incredibly quickly, and only stopped moving a handful of times. I'm betting they would have moved through a full queue of people in a half hour!

Big thanks to Captain Nemo, KI Man, and the other members of the team yesterday! You all are awesome!

^ Good to see you back on the boards sir!

Having said that, I must respectfully disagree. The last 10 minutes of the evening yesterday they did away with the seat assigner and simply let everyone into the station. The line, thankfully, was short enough where it wasn't too much of a cluster, but there were trains going out with 4 or 5 empty seats with plenty of people still in the station waiting for other seats. I'm not saying that would happen every train, but still, those seats add up, and each one of those seats increases your wait in line, albeit a small amount incrementally. I'd also tend to believe they would have done away with the seat assigner by now if that position didn't help in some capacity (no pun intended).

You really had to see how fast the line was moving in order to appreciate it. Every time I see this particular crew there I know that the line will move quick, and, therefore, I think they deserve some praise. It's especially appreciated when the line isn't really long to begin with. Turning a 15 minute line into 10 isn't that big a deal, whereas turning a 45 into 30 is a big deal; therefore, to continue working hard even though they really didn't have to is awesome. That simply would not have been possible without (at the very least) making sure every seat was filled, seat assigning or otherwise.

I remember seeing the crews on Behemoth and Nitro working so fast they were practically pushing people out of the station! Not incidentally, these were some of the fastest moving lines I had seen at any park on any ride outside of Disney.

My original intent with this topic was to give the DB crew working that day some love because they were hauling! Good crew = good capacity = shorter wait for all of us, and I think we can both agree on that. We can continue to debate the seat assigning at a future time :P

I think I heard two guys were able to ride about 35 times that day? And even some got as many as 8 or nine rides in, in one hour. No joke!

I know some people see things like this, and it really makes us shine....but if you REALLY want people to know how good we are doing; tell guest relations!

Gad, point taken!

Although, since I haven't ridden much else than Diamondback this year I can't really attest to other crews, but I will say both the Invertigo and Delirium crews have seemed better this season compared to past one's...despite many of the same people still working them! :lol:

Well every time I'm in line it always blast through( part because the three trains) but I'm sure that the ride op's are all doing their best. But I really don't like seat assigners just because wgen I wait in a really long line, I want front row! And sometimes I don't get it and it makes me pretty upset......BOOHOO!

Overall, I have to agree that the Diamondback team has done an outstanding job this year. The main queue line never seems to stop, they are typically energetic from ERT through post fireworks rides, and they work very hard. Agree with the Kudos.

^Here's the thing...and no offense to the D-back crew...B&M hypers are designed to operate in such a way where the queue should never really stop regardless of the crew!!

Many are enthusiastic and deal with more guests than most other rides, so (most) of them are outstanding in that way.

Yes, overall the DB crew has done a great job this year. There is just one lady who works there that I just don't like. She is probably 5' 5" to 5' 5" tall, wears glasses, has dark brown hair that is longer than shoulder length and it is kinda curly/ wavy. She NEVER lets me request a seat. I think she did one time, but she seemed very reluctent to let me. I understand sometimes she needs to fill seats quickly, so that's fine. Also, last night, she was continually getting behind on the seat assigning, therefore there were empty seats on the train. [/rant]

But, overall, the DB crew has done a MARVELOUS job this year to keep the lines moving.