new coaster at the point?

i went to Cedar Point a couple of weeks ago and while i was waiting for two and a half hours for maverick to open again matienence issue big surprise :o one of the operater said that a new coaster may be coming to the point in the area of the snake river falls he said they would take it out fill in the land and sum surrounding area and put in another record breaker

any truth to this?

This would be AWESOME but I really doubt it. I know it would never happen (it's such a popular ride), but I wish CP could take out Mantis and but a much better coaster in it's place. -_-

Take out a good looping coaster in a park that only has 3 other looping rides. REALLY awesome...I like Mantis.

Motion Sickness anyone :lol:

Nope. I'm up for it!

These rumors go back to the beginning of the season. They cleared a large area on Millenium Island and I had also heard that they were going to drop SRF which to me would be no loss. There is also talk that a lot of early steel is reaching the end of its life cycle. Something like CCMR is getting up there in years. If you took those 3 areas, you could put in a good sized coaster. While this would keep CP at 17, I don't think that 2 companies with as much debt load as SF & CF should be playing that game.

For more fun Holiday World is making an announcement on Thursday, August 13, at 11 am CDT. They say it is going to be the 2nd largest ride project in park history.

Also the ACE folks put out that Kennywood had a big announcement that was to be made at KennyKon. From reports, they jumped the gun and their big announcement was that they were going to have a big announcement. :)

With the possible 3 above & the new rides at KD & CarW. 2010 should be a good year.

See discussion here http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0 regarding what is going on at the point and all the speculation so far. Also refrence the post below to answer some of the questions possed, especially about the removal of CCMR

Ahhh yes let the speculation begin. Regarding a ground hugging woodie, I think that would be a great fit and another great possibility. GCII would be the front runner in my book, dont expect anything from CCI seeing as they dont exist, and I doubt S&S would be in the running, but Gravity Group might which is no bad thing.

Like some have rumored CP might remove Snake River Falls and however unlikely that might be, I could see them keeping the station and installing a Mack Super Splash or I would love to see something like Vliegende Hollander be installed and it could use the Paddle Wheel Excursion waterways for the various splash downs.

Finaly the rumor that CP might remove CCMR, I would call false. CP and Kinzel will do what is necessary and within reasson to keep the coaster count record at CP so removing coasters has been something they have shyed away from. Also CCMR got an updated ride control system the same year MF was built and its a great intermediate coasters for all the kiddies moving up from Jr Gemini.