Which HAUNT do you think would be the most fun to work at?

kjkjkj

Well my cousin and I applied to work at HAUNT this year. We heard that if you interview early on, you can request which HAUNT you'd like to work at. These were the HAUNTS we had the most fun going through, so these are the ones we were thinking about requesting. Which one do you think would be the most fun to work at out of those 4?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can suggest which haunt you wish to work in, but really you will place you where best they see fit. So if you do not get the haunt you wanted, please don't be upset.

Working Halloween Haunt is one of the funnest things you will ever do in your life, and I highly recommend it to anyone that is thinking about applying.

You can suggest which haunt you wish to work in, but really you will place you where best they see fit. So if you do not get the haunt you wanted, please don't be upset.

Working Halloween Haunt is one of the funnest things you will ever do in your life, and I highly recommend it to anyone that is thinking about applying.

I wouldn't be upset at all. If I get hired, wherever they put me I'll do my best to scare people! Thanks for the advice though.

I said Urgent Scare, but really any haunt would be fun to work in! I wish I could work there but I'm only 15 and it says you have to be 18 to be a monster...

Who said that?

So are the open interviews for HAUNT casual? I'm not really sure what to wear...I'm going to the park that day so I would like to wear something comfortable, but I don't know if I should be in more formal clothing? I planned on wearing khaki shorts, a nicer button up short sleeve shirt, and flip-flops. Is that too casual?

I said Urgent Scare, but really any haunt would be fun to work in! I wish I could work there but I'm only 15 and it says you have to be 18 to be a monster...

Who said that?

So are the open interviews for HAUNT casual? I'm not really sure what to wear...I'm going to the park that day so I would like to wear something comfortable, but I don't know if I should be in more formal clothing? I planned on wearing khaki shorts, a nicer button up short sleeve shirt, and flip-flops. Is that too casual?

Interviews are casual, many people interview with what they wore to work that day. I suggest a polo, kacki's and tennis shoes. Physical movement is required to audition so dress comfortably.

Please don't wear a suit. It has happened.

I'm very much considering applying and go to an open interview from the sounds of the interview it's a little different form traditional interviews like what can I expect to do like scream or something like that ?

Being a scareactor is not a traditional job, expect to scream, talk loudly, and maybe act out a little scenario.

You know, I just had to chime in on this thread. I know the polls are new and only a few votes, but I chuckle when I see the percentage of people that would like to work Urgent Scare. Other threads show several posts responding negatively to US, but as I said there, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I am proud to say I worked Urgent Scare last year and I had a GREAT time. Of course I couldn't scare everyone and it didn't stop me from trying. Sometimes you might scare one out of 10 people, it all depends on their personal fears, and believe me when I say that sometimes that one scare is worth it. I remember on my second night last year I made some poor teenage girl wet herself. That made my night. Some people pay to be scared, some come in just to heckle us and others, well I don't know what their agenda is, and the way they walk through all stone faced, you wonder why they came in the first place, but working Haunt is simply FUN. The one thing that does bother me is when parents bring their small, terrified children with them, and you don't see them until AFTER your scare, and you look down at their horrified faces. I really wish that parents would heed the warnings KI has in place concerning the event being too intense for young children. Other than that, what ever haunt you work..have fun with it and stay in character, for 2 nights a week you get to be someone or "something" else...

Stepping off my soapbox now, and looking forward to working with some of you this season..

Typical Guy

I would say not Tombstone TERRORtory or CarnEVIL because those were fun but also 'lame.' I don't think they'd be that fun. Then, I'd say not Urgent Scare because it is indoors, and it can get hot inside. So, I'd go with Trail of Terror or the new haunt. Just my 2 cents.

1. Urgent Scare is both indoors and outdoors.

2. what happens when it rains and your outside... when it rains you're still out there scaring...

3. WHat about later in the year when its freezing and you want nothing more to do than be inside sweating off layers :P

Yea my freind if he gets hired wants to work in club bolld but hes 15 they alwasy put young kids in there I told him he better have a good body cause its usaly torn or off complety.

Incorrect. In fact 95% of the actors in Club Blood are at least 18. KI doesn't want to have to worry about minor laws and what not when it comes to promiscuative clothing... I know a girl that had to get a waver signed at 17 to work there the last weekend.....

Totally Seconding this! Best thing i ever did. And i would drive 2 hours every night to do it, if i didn't already have a great wonderful friend willing to let me crash at his place lol

PS. Dane you gonna hook me up this year? ;)

Who said that?

again you can be a monster at any age.

And Kyle, that right there is more dressed up than i've seen 80% of the ppl that go in there. But if you're thinking about carnEVIL they'll probably ask you to do a clown laugh of some sorts. And it really depends on what the new attraction is. I can't find it anywhere (darn it anyways, but when you find out sat, totally let me know :) ) you are more than welcome to ask about the new one, i did last year, and i thought it sounded like a blast and i was right! They may or may not give you a general description of the haunts, but just go with what you think would be fun, and more importantly one that you could think of a few different scenarios on, cuz trust me... the last thing you wanna do is do the same thing over and over for 7 hours straight lol

[

And Kyle, that right there is more dressed up than i've seen 80% of the ppl that go in there. But if you're thinking about carnEVIL they'll probably ask you to do a clown laugh of some sorts. And it really depends on what the new attraction is. I can't find it anywhere (darn it anyways, but when you find out sat, totally let me know :) ) you are more than welcome to ask about the new one, i did last year, and i thought it sounded like a blast and i was right! They may or may not give you a general description of the haunts, but just go with what you think would be fun, and more importantly one that you could think of a few different scenarios on, cuz trust me... the last thing you wanna do is do the same thing over and over for 7 hours straight lol

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be sure to ask about the new one Rachel, if it sounds cool i'm going to request that one. I am leaving for the interview directly from my cousin's house (which i'm at right now) so luckily, I grabbed a pair of tennis shoes before I left this morning! How would you go about bringing up the new HAUNT? Just say something like "If you are putting in a new HAUNT this year, can you give me a short description of it?" I am really nervous, this will be my first interview. Do you audition/interview by yourself or will there be other other applicants in the room with you, to act out scenarios and stuff? How long will it probably be before you know whether or not you're hired?

Once again, thanks for all the advice everyone!

Well my cousin and I applied to work at HAUNT this year. We heard that if you interview early on, you can request which HAUNT you'd like to work at. These were the HAUNTS we had the most fun going through, so these are the ones we were thinking about requesting. Which one do you think would be the most fun to work at out of those 4?

C'mon Kyle, no Club Blood? The Bouncer is sad now... :(

I would say not Tombstone TERRORtory or CarnEVIL because those were fun but also 'lame.' I don't think they'd be that fun. Then, I'd say not Urgent Scare because it is indoors, and it can get hot inside. So, I'd go with Trail of Terror or the new haunt. Just my 2 cents.

Believe me, on those later weekends in October, it's nice to be inside!

Yea my freind if he gets hired wants to work in club bolld but hes 15 they alwasy put young kids in there I told him he better have a good body cause its usaly torn or off complety.

Pretty sure they won't hire 15 year olds to be a scaracter. And there were a couple of us (very few) in there last year who don't have what you would call a "good body". If you've seen me, you know what I mean! :lol:

This past weekend, I was talking about Haunt with a friend of mine (he had worked in Security at the park for years). He brought up that working Haunt isn't really working... it's therapy! :lol: I have to agree with him... at my day job, I have to be nice to people 5 days a week for 52 weeks of the year. But for 6 weekends in the fall, I get to do the exact opposite! :D