The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

SoB is a beautiful structure, I'll give it that. I really hope that, if SoB isn't removed, that it will be majorly overhauled. Making the track the regular width could possibly help with the problems with the cars hunting. Having new trains could also possibly help. I do like the G-trains (love the lapbar, compared to PTC single bars), though.

i would really like some new trains and a retrack or two. However, if they were to go that route you would think they would just open it for the rest of the season and have that for next years spending as we arent getting anything that spectacular next year...

was that a rhetorical question? One thing is for certain, they will not be putting the old trains back on the track. I really do agree though, the train rattles from side to side, like its loose. I have a feeling its because they need the trains to go a certain speed after the first drop to make it over. having those trains snugly fitted to the track would more than likely damper the speed. someone correct me if im wrong?

There has been a lot of discussion that because people express their opinion about SOB by stating things like "Burn it," Tear it down", etc, they are personally attacking the people who love the ride. That is absolutely silly. When all is said and done, we are talking about an inanimate object, an amusement park ride. And please, don't say that I wouldn't like it if people attacked Diamondback. If you wanted to say burn Diamondback, I wouldn't be offended, I would take it like you were expressing an opinion. While I love Diamondback, it is only a silly rollercoaster when all is said and done. Believe you me, I have had more concerns in my life in the past few years than worrying about a rollercoaster.

Just expressing my opinion people, nothing personal. Hopefully I maintained my civility. ( P.S. That pic of Reagan stating "Tear down this coaster now" was hysterical.)

There has been a lot of discussion that because people express their opinion about SOB by stating things like "Burn it," Tear it down", etc, they are personally attacking the people who love the ride. That's is absolutely silly. When all is said and done, we are talking about an inanimate object, an amusement park ride. And please, don't say that I wouldn't like it if people attacked Diamondback. If you wanted to say burn Diamondback, I wouldn't be offended, I would take it like you were expressing an opinion. While I love Diamondback, it is only a silly rollercoaster when all is said and done. Believe you me, I have had more concerns in my life in the past few years than worrying about a rollercoaster.

Just expressing my opinion people, nothing personal. Hopefully I maintained my civility. ( P.S. That pic of Reagan stating "Tear down this coaster now" was hysterical.)

How do you burn steel?

hooky, who just HAD to...

was that a rhetorical question? One thing is for certain, they will not be putting the old trains back on the track. I really do agree though, the train rattles from side to side, like its loose. I have a feeling its because they need the trains to go a certain speed after the first drop to make it over. having those trains snugly fitted to the track would more than likely damper the speed. someone correct me if im wrong?

The shuffling of the trains from side to side was far worse with the old trains than the new. The only real possibility to make it more rideable would be to take out the Rose Bowl and add some airtime hills. That's the worst part of the ride.

There has been a lot of discussion that because people express their opinion about SOB by stating things like "Burn it," Tear it down", etc, they are personally attacking the people who love the ride. That is absolutely silly. When all is said and done, we are talking about an inanimate object, an amusement park ride. And please, don't say that I wouldn't like it if people attacked Diamondback. If you wanted to say burn Diamondback, I wouldn't be offended, I would take it like you were expressing an opinion. While I love Diamondback, it is only a silly rollercoaster when all is said and done. Believe you me, I have had more concerns in my life in the past few years than worrying about a rollercoaster.

Very very very well put. I agree with you 110%.

Very very very well put. I agree with you 110%.

The shuffling of the trains from side to side was far worse with the old trains than the new. The only real possibility to make it more rideable would be to take out the Rose Bowl and add some airtime hills. That's the worst part of the ride.

IMO, The Rosebowl is the only intolerable part of the ride. The jackhammering is just too much. I think that if airtime hills replaced the rosebowl, It would be a GREAT ride. But I don't see that happening because they didn't even make the effort to turn the loop area into an airtime hill.

I think the rosebowl should be split up somehow by adding more track. Get some heavier trains,but only run 4 car -total 24 people. Add some steel supports,only in stressed areas of helix.Now hears the good part.With the new track you could have 2 loops.1 in the old spot and 1 in the new. The loops does not have to be 118 feet high since they scrapped the old one.Tunnels could be added for the roooaarrr of the trains.Money will always be an issue,but tearing down a 218 ft structure is pointless.Please let Gravity Group do this.I know this can work somehow.Did you know that the Voyage cost 6.5 million dollars and thats with steel supports.Good bargain for a GREAT coaster.Can you imagine a triple down on Son of Beast.2 loops and tunnels in the helix .AWESOME.By adding more track it could exceed 10,000 feet.HEY, WAIT A MINUTE,Cedar Fair OWNS THIS RIDE NOW SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR GET TO WORK. A new record in the making JMHO

I think the rosebowl should be split up somehow by adding more track. Get some heavier trains,but only run 4 car -total 24 people. Add some steel supports,only in stressed areas of helix.Now hears the good part.With the new track you could have 2 loops.1 in the old spot and 1 in the new. The loops does not have to be 118 feet high since they scrapped the old one.Tunnels could be added for the roooaarrr of the trains.Money will always be an issue,but tearing down a 218 ft structure is pointless.Please let Gravity Group do this.I know this can work somehow.Did you know that the Voyage cost 6.5 million dollars and thats with steel supports.Good bargain for a GREAT coaster.Can you imagine a triple down on Son of Beast.2 loops and tunnels in the helix .AWESOME.By adding more track it could exceed 10,000 feet.HEY, WAIT A MINUTE,Cedar Fair OWNS THIS RIDE NOW SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR GET TO WORK. A new record in the making JMHO

I share your enthusiasm but your kidding right?

Yes I Am, some of the stress could be relieved by running 4 car trains and smaller loops.Remember the rosebowl would be split.People would like the loop returned,so I figure why not add an extra one.

One of the reasons that the ride is so rough is because of the new trains, they are not the right fit creating more bumps on high speed places of the ride. Plus, the trains are slightly smaller in width making the cars move in a side-to-side motion causing weight to destroy the track making it hurt worse then it did before 2007. That's how I see it...... I could be wrong but it seems logical.

Yes I Am, some of the stress could be relieved by running 4 car trains and smaller loops.Remember the rosebowl would be split.People would like the loop returned,so I figure why not add an extra one.

I couldn't see even one loop added. Where would the second go? Lets try and be realistic here.

Hmm ,burn or smash down 40 million dollars. Now who's being unrealistic.I think a second drop hill into a loop and then a triple down after loop incline.With the momentum of train going into second chain lift.Connect lift hill to interior track of rosebowl.This will relieve stress to track and then take out mid course break.I know MONEY MONEY MONEY.But I'm just trying to take the violent shaking out of rosebowl as well.The second loop goes back to original location.This ride needs tunnels.LOTS of tunnels.NOISE,NOISE, more NOISE. ;)