The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

From Screamscape:

(8/7/09) Take this for what you will, but it has been noted that the Spotlight gift shop at the front of Kings Island is having a massive sale on all kinds of items, but one in particular caught a readers attention. They were selling a good number of Son of Beast T-shirts for just $2.50, along with some other designs for a bit more. Makes you wonder if there is a reason behind the sudden clearance sale on Son of Beast shirts.

Could this be an end to SOB???

From Screamscape:

(8/7/09) Take this for what you will, but it has been noted that the Spotlight gift shop at the front of Kings Island is having a massive sale on all kinds of items, but one in particular caught a readers attention. They were selling a good number of Son of Beast T-shirts for just $2.50, along with some other designs for a bit more. Makes you wonder if there is a reason behind the sudden clearance sale on Son of Beast shirts.

Could this be an end to SOB???

looks that way !!! sad but could be true, they just seem to be buying time for somthing. redesign?

Seeing as the ride will not be open this year. Who got to ride this year?

I got a ride on Red and Blue train.

I rode it three times this year and one time I rode it twice in a row because the station was empty. I have been on the blue train twice and the red train once. It didn't seem diffrent to me because I got front seat every time and it was smooth but still very rough.

They should bring it back next year and if one more person complains of injury, it should be the end. Hopefully no one purposely does that to make them destroy it. I hate the ride personally, but I don't want it gone. It's a three time record breaker, adds a lot to the skyline and is the biggest part of Action Zone.

That brings me to another topic: How empty Action Zone is. Can you imagine it without Son of Beast at all?

They should bring it back next year and if one more person complains of injury, it should be the end. Hopefully no one purposely does that to make them destroy it.

*looks at CedarPointer* :rolleyes:

hooky, just kidding.

That brings me to another topic: How empty Action Zone is. Can you imagine it without Son of Beast at all?

I can't, but I'm sure Terpy can.

No really though. Everyone wants it back - so why take it away? Not one old lady will stop them. I doubt something ELSE would happen to someone. I bet it could last another 4 years without someone injuring themselves.........

Thats what they said back in 2006 :rolleyes:

seriously if they re-open it till the next injury that would be horrible for a company to do, it would show a major lack of judgment. Possibly they are waiting out the economy before deciding what to do with the coaster. I mean they may have 2 options (tear it down/redesign-refix issues) and are deciding what would be better in the long haul with the economy possibly changing in the off-season or next year. It costs the park almost no money for it to be SBNO for this season and next. (BTW do they inspect it daily if it is SBNO?) If the economy does not improve they may go with the cheaper option, which ever that is. Sadly I do not think that fans of the ride will persuade anyone from changing the outcome of this ride. I enjoyed SOB but do agree it does need some work, but as stated before it is what it is, and thats a 200 + foot drop and a coaster going at least 70 mph, so you took the good with the bad. It will b very interesting to see what happens over the next few months. What I wouldnt pay to be a fly on the inside of those walls....

wow. i left for Kings Island right after hearing it was down for the season and bam i go to ride top gun and the Son of Beast sign is gone... the box is there, but no sign. This does not look good, i have this feeling Son of Beast is closed for good. I dont want it to, but it really looks that way. On a more strange note, i rode drop zone tonight, and the lights for the sob station still come on, you'd think they would have those off by now.