The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

^and that's my point, Son of Beast was open for the '07 haunt, so it would have been difficult to use it's line for club blood, and this year Son of Beast is going to be closed, so that would give the park more room for the line with Son of Beast's huge que, and why have Son of Beast's signs cluttering up the line when all you have to do is remove a couple screws or bolts to take the signs down.

I had a crazy dream that Sob was rebuilt and made as the first wooden power launched coaster in a style of top thrill dragster.Now that would be neat.

I do hope that they keep sob and just make adjustments to fix it.Cant they just remove some of the cars to slow it down and help smooth it out?

They already got new cars (w/ 24 per car instead of the original 36). How did the ride work in your dream, just wondering. That would be the neatest thing.

It looked pretty cool but like always it had a sign that said closed for repair.

I think the name of the ride was called Flight of the son.It was 300 feet tall and went from 0 to 100 in 3.5 seconds.

I had a crazy dream that Sob was rebuilt and made as the first wooden power launched coaster in a style of top thrill dragster.Now that would be neat.

I do hope that they keep sob and just make adjustments to fix it.Cant they just remove some of the cars to slow it down and help smooth it out?

They already got new cars (w/ 24 per car instead of the original 36). How did the ride work in your dream, just wondering. That would be the neatest thing.

It looked pretty cool but like always it had a sign that said closed for repair.

I think the name of the ride was called Flight of the son.It was 300 feet tall and went from 0 to 100 in 3.5 seconds.

Ouch!

I haven't gotten a chance to ride SoB in my life, so i would like to see it open for, at the most, half of 2010. If it's not, I'm fine with that too, but...

i believe The Beast was constructed by park engineers and maintence people, while being designed by Al Collins and Jeffrey Gramke. The Son of Beast was designed by Werner Stengel and built by Roller Coaster Corporation of America along with KI crew or at least as it says

Thank you!

Do you know when Charles Dinn came in on The Beast? (I thought he was a major designer for The Beast)?????

Thank you for answering my question though. (Hhmmmm, just my opinion but maybe they should have had The Beast designers back for SoB.......I wonder if it would be a more successful coaster) :huh: ????

Bad sign indeed.With dback being the new big kid on the block cf might very well be saying good bye to sonny.

bad signs

1.removed and or covered signs

2.removed sob items from store.

3.appears to be no activity around or on sob.

4.the sob crew saying good bye to each other when the ride first closed.

Regardless of the outcome Im sure Son of Beast will be remembered in coaster history as the tallest,fastest,meanest wooden coaster with a loop that gave fun rides to some and beat the heck out of others.Let us give a toast to sonny.

I don't know anything about how rollercoasters are built and I do not ride them but I was thinking if it would be possible to make the track steel so it would be a smoother ride? I guess it's hard for me to want them to tear it down because I personally think it is a good looking coaster and adds to KI's skyline.

I don't know anything about how rollercoasters are built and I do not ride them but I was thinking if it would be possible to make the track steel so it would be a smoother ride? I guess it's hard for me to want them to tear it down because I personally think it is a good looking coaster and adds to KI's skyline.
It does add to the skyline and in the off season we can all just hope that they will give it another try.

Without starting a new topic i have a question.

Can you tell your story of how your ride on the sob was and why you like or dislike the sob?

My first ride was at the haunt last year.All season long i flirted with going for a ride and always chickened out.After coming out of club blood, i had time for one more ride and a haunt is about being scared so i thought why not.So if there is no lines i'll ride it..Dang it was a walk on.SO if i cant fit i wont ride..Dang i fit.Well if i change my mind(ALL CLEAR)Ohhhh heck here we go.

After the ride, i lucked out and got one more ride in.I love that ride.After riding that i knew i could ride anything in the world.Thank you sonny for making a coaster warrior out of me.

My first ride on Son of Beast was in 2000, I would have been seven years old. Son of Beast was my first inverting coaster! So needless to say I've become attached to Son of Beast. It was one of my favorite rides in the park, and I didn't even find it painful. I will miss Son of Beast if it is torn down. :(

I first went on SOB in 2008 when I really got into roller coasters. As I had not fully become an enthusiast I had never heard of it and it's reputation. I remember going through the first helix (Is that the rose bowl?) and thinking how much it hurt. I think it could be a good maybe great ride if CF put some money into retracking and revamping it.

If the track was redone into steel the coaster would go way too fast, and would be trimmed to death. If intamin could redesign it that would be another story. The only thing you'd have to keep in mind is the cost of such a project. Also if the track was redone into steel the supports may not be able to safely handle the weight.