The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

That crashing sound was great followed by the erie rumble noise as the front car always managed to make the wide left turn right before the plunge.... wow now you have just made me miss that first hill...... and as i typed that my body got a sympathy pain from being thrashed around inside the car......... man I miss wooden roller coasters.... Sept 12th cant get any closer.... so no answers yet to my original question from a page before, what are the steps CF has in the past taken that have signaled the death knoll for a ride.....?

If Son of Beast does go they could put lots of other rides back in there. A few flats and a high paced twisting coaster or maybe an inverted. The possibilities would be endless. Son of Beast really sits on some prime land. I like have the record and the ride was fun but it was def. very rough but I think Mean Streak is on the rough side too.

I have posted in the past what needs to be done with the rosebowl.Now all I can do is hope.The rosebowl MUST relieve stress to riders somehow.The only way is by a split ,add some track and then second lift hill. The inner track of rosebowl will travel much slower.About one-third of the outer ring should be removed.That should be enough for this idea to work.ALL the other features, loops, heavier trains, triple downs,bunny hops could all be added in new section of track before entering second lifthill.Connect top of lifthill to top of inner track of rosebowl.To me , this is the only way to put the smiles back on the doubters faces. ;)

@cedarpointer last time i was there i saw the cable tied entrance gate, but the exit gate was not bolted shut, and that bench was still there. I really feel as if Son of Beasts fate is already determined, and Cedar Fair is just playing this game of timing. They dont want season pass sales to drop, so they dont say anything till they HAVE to. That in itself makes me think they will just leave it there at least for this year. You'd have to think that whatever year they take the ride down they will at least open a new attraction the same year. It simply isnt good to have the coaster count drop no matter what is being removed... It kind of offsets the negative impact somewhat....

If it does re-open, it will probably be re-tracked, trimmed all to H E double hockey sticks, and be a shell of it's former self.

No matter what happens, it won't be the same as it was.

I was lucky enough to ride it with the loop, and I am thinking I had better hold on to that memory.

I don't think the future is gonna be happy for anybody.

But, that sign has been out there subjected to the elements for nine years (Well, I don't know what they do with it during the offseason, but it's still there during the regular season), so why would they want to keep it protected for just the rest of the year, and by turning it to the wall?

But, that sign has been out there subjected to the elements for nine years (Well, I don't know what they do with it during the offseason, but it's still there during the regular season), so why would they want to keep it protected for just the rest of the year, and by turning it to the wall?

At least Andrew didnt find the sign all chopped into lil beast pieces. However i think they tend to keep signs for a long time.I seen in recent pictures where there is still winterfest sign hanging.

If it does re-open, it will probably be re-tracked, trimmed all to H E double hockey sticks, and be a shell of it's former self.

I was lucky enough to ride it with the loop, and I am thinking I had better hold on to that memory.

I have to agree somewhat that it would be a former shell of itself if/ when changes are made. However, I believe it has been discussed before that it has been trimmed before and it caused the ride to valley, so I can't really imagine that scenario playing out. I guess they could add trims if the ride is drastically changed, but again, the train would have to be able to complete the circuit.

I have to agree somewhat that it would be a former shell of itself if/ when changes are made. However, I believe it has been discussed before that it has been trimmed before and it caused the ride to valley, so I can't really imagine that scenario playing out. I guess they could add trims if the ride is drastically changed, but again, the train would have to be able to complete the circuit.

We all know what happens when Cedar Fair attempts to rehash a ride. The Crypt anyone? Ok, bad example, its a flat vs a woodie. But if we never rode TR:TR before, one may think The Crypt's new rotation isn't so bad. But since we have something to compare it to, most people will not think its a fun ride. Given that logic, if they take out the helix, or whatever other element to the ride and tone it down, then people will complain about how its not what it used to be and not as fun. IMO, CF is darned if they do(rehash or demo) and darned if they don't(possible lawsuits and future injuries).