The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

Then what's the big deal that they took it down?

Because according to others on this site, all the other signs dealing with SOB (Ride height and line starts here) have been removed as well.

Not to mention that also, it is usually not taken down until much later...

p.s. how can you love roller coasters and hate sob?

I love rollercoasters and hate SoB. There's no reason that I should pretend to like a ride just because I like other rides. It's not like coaster enthusiasts thought "Hey, let's all hate Son of Beast for no reason!". If a majority of the people who have ridden it dislike it, there's obviously something wrong with it.

Well, I think I'm finished sharing. As a Fan of K.I. as all of you obviously are, I thought it would be nice if someone who did have actual information about the future of S.O.B. share it ; especially after 49 pages of speculation ! After a year of looking at this site off and on I never regesterd or posted until this past Friday because I did not have anything to say until that point. Now I wonder how many other insightful posts have been deleted that I never got to see just because someone thought their toes were getting stepped on? It seems that keeping people guessing is part of the point of this website and I really did not know that until now.Well I have better things to do.For those of you who did read my post, believe it.Who ever deleted my post knows it's true too. I just know that there will be a flurry of activity(in a constructive,positive way) around a certain wooden structure around the Kings mills/ Mason area this winter...IS THAT VAGUE ENOUGH?? Probably not.... this post will be deleted too...

It even speaks of their business as we enter the next millennium. Given their history, who would hire them to build a wooden coaster?

If I was extremely rich, I would.

You're joking, right?

I just know that there will be a flurry of activity(in a constructive,positive way) around a certain wooden structure around the Kings mills/ Mason area this winter

They're overhauling Racer? :P

Wow.All of that is dishearting I love Son of Beast I remember when I first rode it in 2000 I rode it with my father,best friend and little cousin. Sob certainly has had a hard time pleasing guests and another thing I reallllllly miss the loop and the new carts suck I miss the old ones.

I can't say I'll miss it if its torn down. I am some one that has suffered some sort of "ache or injury" while riding the coaster with and without the loop. My friend had a neck injury last year from it that messed up the hearing in her ear.

All though we had the HARD task of explaining to my 7 y/o niece why she couldn't go on it and she kept going to the height sign going "I AM TALL ENOUGH!" I was like well its closed, I'm sorry and couldn't distract her away from it. LOL I would've gone on it with her just to see her face, cause nothing seemed to scare her at all and SOB was one of those TALL coasters I was anxious to see her react to.

It is what it is.

A lemon.

http://www.essortment.com/all/lemoncarguide_rylt.htm

Humor aside, 50-some pages about SoB here, as well as hundreds of other thread pages about why SoB should be saved/ demolished is really just sad. What other ride has had so many problems, for almost a decade, and still stands?

The way I look at it: BGE has announced 2009 will be the last year for BBW. A good ride; lower ridership, and high costs- but still, a good ride. BBW is also a ride that has not had the type of negative attention that SoB has had, and it is being removed for understandable reasons. 25 years of success vs. 9 years of frustration. And that frustration is not only for the 2 owners of the park that has dealt with SoB, but for many *fans* that the ride has.

Enough is enough. Many people have tried to fix the issues, with no success. Let's put energy into something else and stop beating a dead horse.

Well, I think I'm finished sharing. As a Fan of K.I. as all of you obviously are, I thought it would be nice if someone who did have actual information about the future of S.O.B. share it ; especially after 49 pages of speculation ! After a year of looking at this site off and on I never regesterd or posted until this past Friday because I did not have anything to say until that point. Now I wonder how many other insightful posts have been deleted that I never got to see just because someone thought their toes were getting stepped on? It seems that keeping people guessing is part of the point of this website and I really did not know that until now.Well I have better things to do.For those of you who did read my post, believe it.Who ever deleted my post knows it's true too. I just know that there will be a flurry of activity(in a constructive,positive way) around a certain wooden structure around the Kings mills/ Mason area this winter...IS THAT VAGUE ENOUGH?? Probably not.... this post will be deleted too...
This should prove to be a interesting off season good or bad.

It is what it is.

A lemon.

http://www.essortment.com/all/lemoncarguide_rylt.htm

Humor aside, 50-some pages about SoB here, as well as hundreds of other thread pages about why SoB should be saved/ demolished is really just sad. What other ride has had so many problems, for almost a decade, and still stands?

The way I look at it: BGE has announced 2009 will be the last year for BBW. A good ride; lower ridership, and high costs- but still, a good ride. BBW is also a ride that has not had the type of negative attention that SoB has had, and it is being removed for understandable reasons. 25 years of success vs. 9 years of frustration. And that frustration is not only for the 2 owners of the park that has dealt with SoB, but for many *fans* that the ride has.

Enough is enough. Many people have tried to fix the issues, with no success. Let's put energy into something else and stop beating a dead horse.

If you truly believed your own words, you would change your avatar, and pick a new NFL team!!!

Don't get upset now, I'm just joking around. Trying to have a little fun.

:)

I, along with many others, have appreciated your posts greatly. They haven't gone unnoticed and have helped to ease many of our fears. Thank you!!

Your post was most likely removed due to KIC's officially unofficial KI forum status. To keep the relationship with KI and retain our privileges, this kind of information has to be removed so we don't offend the park. It's unfortunate and a sacrifice. To some it's a worthwhile sacrifice and for some it isn't.

Your posts,tweetybird, are very appreciated. You shouldn't give up posting on the forums because your post was deleted. I am sure all of us have gotten a few posts deleted now and then. I guess KIC is just trying to keep a good relationship with the park, so now you have to be careful what you say sometimes. You should still post though!

I think most had time to see the tweetybird post before delete. knowing what to post comes with experience and if you think you have something you need to tell there is ways of going about it. There are other forums you can post your info on. You don't have to post only to this one. I had time long ago on a KI fan site that didn't like what some of us was talking about so we went to a different site. We had a good time then as the ones that didn't like it could only watch and wish they had a delete button.

I don't think one needs to take it personally when you get deleted. Just have a Coke and a smile and move on.

i have some advice for the next company to build a hyper woddie with a loop - use steel supports, i think the designers for Son of Beast had no idea of what they were doing. lol. my 8th grade science class could design i better hyper woddie, give me a breake, but i love the ride :lol:

How are you going to even utter those words and be a member of an amusement park fansite. Do you know who designed that ride? Werner Stengel, who is also responsible for MANY other amazing and award winning rides around the world. The man is a legend and I assure you he knew what he was doing. It just has the same glitches that many other prototypes do. This coaster was/is one of a kind and I would be sad to see it go. Someone (Cedar Fair) just needs to take the time to figure out the probems and fix it. It may take a year...it may take two years, but I, as well as others, feel its worth it.

^ It's also not your own money going into fixing it. It's always easier to spend someone else's money than your own! It's only 'worth' it to CF if it makes business sense, and I'm not really seeing where CF is really itching to get out there and repair the thing at this point.