The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

Here's a crazy idea - we could just wait and see what happens.

Seriously, nothing is going to convince many people one way or the other that KI has made a decision to tear it down, rebuild it, or do nothing with it at least until some effort around that activity begins - if then. Here is my prediction - at some point this offseason, work will begin to occur at SoB site and we'll be sitting here debating whether it is demolition, reconstruction, or analysis to help make a decision because KI will still not be sharing information broadly.

Future Post in this thread "I saw a dumpster with SoB wood in it, I told you they were tearing it down"

Response 1 "No, that is wood from the Rose Bowl where they are going to replace the weak wood with Steel supports or stronger wood"

Response 2 "I hope not, they should tear it down, its a waste of money"

Response 3 "Why, I love SoB, I hope they are saving it and reinstalling the Loop"

And yes, I know, I shouldn't complain because I'll still be reading it :lol:

They also showed King Cobra (in the background). Why don't they update the show? It's all wrong!

It is NOT wrong. It speaks as of the time it was made. And coaster specials are made frequently, but the old ones get shown again and again. Were they not, someone would cry out "Why don't they ever show the old ones? I want to see how things were..."

Terpy, just sayin'

They also showed King Cobra (in the background). Why don't they update the show? It's all wrong!

It is NOT wrong. It speaks as of the time it was made. And coaster specials are made frequently, but the old ones get shown again and again. Were they not, someone would cry out "Why don't they ever show the old ones? I want to see how things were..."

Terpy, just sayin'

Do you need to object of EVERYTHING? Sorry...

TTD Maverick, sorry, but a little wry.

Terpy, just sayin'

Exactly, what are they supposed to do re-shoot everything just because its a bit old? Its cool that they show how the park looked. The show is running during the day and its something to fill the channel lineup.

No. I do not need to object to everything. But I do object to those who are not interested in history. Those who do not learn their history are doomed to repeat it. Or so it has been said.

so can we see another king cobra in our future becuase we are doomed to repeat our history? haha

Actually King Cobra was a very popular ride, that was ranked among the best of the stand up coasters.

In popular belief it was removed because the ride parts were deteriorating, and with TOGO out of business, parts were getting harder and harder to come by.

Aren't pretty much all stand up coasters the same? Shockwave at Kings Dominion is the same as King Cobra, isn't it?

Yes, they are similar, but if you talk to many people who have ridden all three of them, they will say they liked King Cobra the best.

Not all Stand- Up coasters are the same. King Cobra, Shockwave at Kings Dominion and Skyrider at Canada's Wonderland are very similar, but if you've been to Cedar Point, theirs is quite different.

No. I do not need to object to everything. But I do object to those who are not interested in history. Those who do not learn their history are doomed to repeat it. Or so it has been said.

so can we see another king cobra in our future becuase we are doomed to repeat our history? haha

Actually King Cobra was a very popular ride, that was ranked among the best of the stand up coasters.

In popular belief it was removed because the ride parts were deteriorating, and with TOGO out of business, parts were getting harder and harder to come by.

it was a joke