The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

Guest TombraiderTy
Wow. They left it standing until 1984 though. Wait a minute...

Where have you heard this?

who has a picture of the front of the red train? If Ty had every weathervane in the park ...

:rolleyes:

Actually, I only bothered to ride Son of Beast twice this whole year... However, from Ride Warriors Weekend:

img4450l.jpg

You can see the 1 on the left-side- the same spot as the 1 on the blue train. This means the red-train is train number one, the blue-train is train number two.

I agree with Cedar Pointer how could these trains be able to handle the speed,roughness of SOB because thats what bothers me about it now how come it wasn't taken into consideration that it would be able to handle it for years and years of use? The old ones were on with SOB when it was built so was there too big of a rush to open SOB after and the new trains were bought used and could this have been a big issue now???

I was working at the park today and SOB was tested today. I remember someone last week saying that there was a train being tested, so I just wanted to confirm it as well. I only saw/heard one train all day though, so the testing wasn't continuous. I don't really know what this means for its future, if anything.

Click and Clack on Car Talk seem to think the color of a car matters when making a diagnosis....

Terpy, just sayin' (and those guys have degrees from M.I.T.)

I'm trying to determin if that was a jab or not......I hate it when people provoke me yUcK!!!

Oh well, not every one from M.I.T. can be a genius.

Click and Clack on Car Talk seem to think the color of a car matters when making a diagnosis....

I'm trying to determin if that was a jab or not......

Yes, it was a jab or not.

I'm tryin' to "determin" if they teach geniuses how to spell in Massachusetts! :)

Terpy, who loves to provoke good friends

I'm trying to determin if that was a jab or not......

Yes, it was a jab or not.

I'm tryin' to "determin" if they teach geniuses how to spell in Massachusetts! :)

Terpy, who loves to provoke good friends

HaHa did not see that, my spell check must have been programmed by some one from Harvard.

The backstory for SOB is really good, but the park didn't enforce it. I bet no one in the GP knew the backstory, infact I bet not many enthusiasts did know it and still don't. If PKI would of made the theme obvious, showed videos in the queue, had a better station and queue line, ect... than I think SOB would of been a much better attraction. Theming can make an okay ride be amazing.

Seeing that picture of the old trains brought back memories - of being tightly pinned-in to that seat to the point of almost not being able to exhale. I still rode the coaster. I'm just glad I was never stuck on it's circuit. There might have been another law suit!